Tell Me

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 28: Tell Me

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

Hwang Residence

 

“Uhm..” I groaned and rubbed my eyes as I wake up. Feels like my head is breaking into two probably because of last night’s hangover.

 

“Damn.” An indistinct silent curse brews as I took a deep breath then exhaled. I tried to scan around the room wondering where in the world I am right now and the room is dark. The windows are closed and curtains are draped openly. I've been trying to remember where I’ve been but my brain seems to be disappointing me, everything is vague.

 

Turning around,  my eyes landed on the two persons curled up beside me. I heaved a sigh of relief and closed my eyes for a second. Thank God I’m with these two crazies.

 

Once again, I closed my eyes because of this throbbing head of mine. I feel so exhausted and weak to get up but I attempted to sit up slowly then turned at the bedside table to search for my phone.

 

I suddenly remember Yul.

 

“Oh my..” I worriedly mummed as I face palmed when I can’t find my phone there.

 

I patted Sunny to wake her up. “Hey, Sunny.”

 

“Hmm.” A low hum came out but a while later she didn't respond anymore. She seems to be immersed in sleeping and wouldn’t even give me a bit of her attention.

 

“Aish.” Frustratingly scratched my head.

 

I cautiously stood up and put my hands on the bed to support myself from falling, suddenly feeling thristy for a stone cold water and hot coffee.

 

Why.. this hangover is making me feel weird.

 

I went downstairs to satisfy my thirst attentively. This isn’t my house after all. 

 

And thank goodness, Tiffany’s parents are not home, we can just freely move around without feeling so guarded.

 

“Good evening, ma’am Jessica.” Greeted the maid that passed by me and my mouth hangs open at her words. “Evening?!” This made my frustration grew even more. Just how long have we been sleeping??

 

I hastily walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass then opened the fridge to get that sparkling water down my dry throat and moaned satisfyingly. 

 

Feeling the need to make myself some creamy coffee, I made 3 cups then went back to Tiffany’s room and the lights. It’s really dark in there. 

 

As I put down the tray on the table beside the couch, I found my purse lying there. I immediately ran over and ransacked into it to find my phone.

 

"There you are." I murmured as I grabbed it and turned to bring my cup of coffee.

 

I tip-toed out to Tiffany’s room balcony.

 

When I opened my cell phone, shock erupts on my face to see the number of missed calls and text messages I received. My heart started beating faster at it, I got three missed calls from Krystal and 8 from Yul. Then 1 message each from Krystal and Jaejoong and 3 from Yul.

 

From: Krystal

-Unnie, you didn’t come home last night. I’m worried, you didn’t even send me a message. Let me know where you are when you read this. Yul oppa has been looking for you. -

 

From: Jaejoong

-Last night was fun and I hope we could catch up, just the two of us. Even as friends. I really missed you.-

 

From Yul:

-Sica, I just got my phone back. I miss you.-

 

-Hey.. I’ve been trying to call you. Are you okay?-

 

-I’m really worried, babe. Call me when you get this, I’ll be waiting.-

 

 

I bit my lips and furrowed my eyebrows at nervousness. “My gosh, I hope he’s not mad.” I worriedly whispered. My hands fiddle through the screen to look for Yul’s number before replying to those other text messages.

 

Once I stopped at Yul’s name on the contact list, I urgently dialled it.

 

Tapping my fingers on the railings, my heart was beating at the same pace as I wait for him to answer. After the fourth ring, Yul answered.

 

Taking a deep breath. “Yul..”

 

“Sica? Are you okay?” The question popped as soon as the line connected, concern is obviously noticeable from his voice.

 

“Yes, Yul.” I dearly started. “I’m really sorry I was not able to call you earlier. We were having so much fun last night and didn’t realize we ended partying ‘til morning. I just woke up.” My voice was filled with regret as I explained to him. 

 

The tip of the cup dabbed on my lips as I took a sip of mixed coffee I was holding with my other hand before putting it on the table at the side.

 

The railings supported my thin arms while my eyes wander around as I listen to him. “Seriously? You all lasted that long?” He shockingly asked.

 

“Me too, I didn’t even know I would last long, partying like that. We were just drinking and dancing crazily.”

 

“You must be really drunk. Are you feeling well?”

 

My lips pouted. I suddenly want to hug him right now. “Yeah. My head just aches, must be because of the hangover. How was your day? I miss you.”

 

“Yah.. you should drink some Tylenol or something right now and eat hot soup. Where are you?”

 

“I’m at Tiffany’s and yes, sir. I will.” It sounded submissively and and a small smile generated. “You didn’t even answer my question.” I affectionately said.

 

“I miss you so much too, babe. You didn’t come to school today and how dare you say I shouldn’t let you miss me when it’s you who didn’t show up.”

 

I noticed the sadness in his voice as he talks. I felt bad because we didn’t have at least a proper day together ever since we became official. We should be taking all the time in the world when we started but why are we going through this already. Ugh!

 

“Forgive me.” I frowned. “I promise I’ll make it up to you, tomorrow shall be the start of our better days.” I smiled widely at the thought. ”Can we go together to the school tomorrow?” My resting brow raised in hope.

 

“Really? Can I pick you up from your home?” He excitedly asked and it feels like he’s smiling even if I can’t see it. His voice tells it all.

 

“Why not? And besides, you’ve been there many times, it won’t raise suspicions.” I jokingly stated and chuckled a bit. Although I know I told him we should lie low for now, we should just better sneak out.

 

“Okay, babe. Tomorrow it is.”

 

“See you.” I giddily answered.

 

Yul chuckled from the other line. “And wait.. I wanna ask you something."


 

I raised a brow. “Go ahead, what is it?”

 

“Uhm.. it’s just nothing. Can you share what happened last night? How was the meeting with your friends? I want to hear more of your voice.” Yul sweetly added, making my cheeks blush at the statement.

 

“You’re really a smooth talker, aren’t you?” I giggled. “Well, Hyoyeon unexpectedly came with one of our friends too.” Came out a short reply because I didn’t know how to start telling him about what happened with Jaejoong last night and telling him right now will surely make me open up everything about the past. And I think today is not the right timing. I don’t want to ruin the mood.

 

“Yeah? What’s his name?” Yul probed.

 

“Why? He’s Jaejoong. He also stayed in Las Vegas for a couple of years now.”

 

“Ahh. Nothing.” He convincingly let out. “Yah. You better tell me now, is there any of them your past lover?”

 

I was astonished for a moment when I heard what he said but gathered my voice back instantly. “Why are you being ridiculous? That’s non-sense.” That sounded defensive for someone trying to tell the truth.

 

“Then why aren’t you answering? There must be someone.”A sense of doubt can be felt through his voice.

 

“O-of course not! Yul, they are just my friends.” I said confidently but stuttering isn’t such a good start at speaking.

 

“Why are you stuttering?! You’re just making yourself sound suspicious. Yah, Jessica Jung.”

 

“Yah, Kwon Yul! Don’t you trust me?” I slightly raised my voice, cramped at the way Yul was talking.

 

Soft laughs transmitted from the other line. “Don’t raise your voice, I was just kidding.”

 

“Seriously.” I unbelievably shook my head when I noticed someone peeked through the sliding door. It was Tiffany.

 

“Hey, Jessi. Dinner’s ready.” She casually told me as she went beside me and closed the door. “Who’s that?” She sleepily asked. Seems like she just woke up from her deep slumber.

 

“It’s Yul.” I mouthed and raised my palm at her, signaling her to wait a bit and she just nodded at me before leaving to give me some space.

 

“Is that Tiffany?” Yul asked.

 

“Yeah. I’ll just have my dinner, okay? You too.”

 

“Okay, babe. Eat well.” He warmly expressed before ending the call.

 

I smiled gleefully before going in to the room and saw no one around. “They must’ve gone down.”

 

When I arrived to the kitchen, I saw Sunny sitting there, her face still bloated from the long sleep she had. The same with Tiffany.

 

“Thanks for the coffee, Jessi.” Sunny beamed at me as she showed me the cup I prepared earlier.

 

I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter