Cat & Mouse

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11: Cat & Mouse

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

Eclare University

 

It's been two days since the incident in the director's office and Yul has been wondering why Jessica hasn't started making his life miserable yet. Currently, he's wandering around the school to get more familiar with it and ended up in the olympic swimming pool in the gym.

 

Aside from basketball, he is also a good swimmer. His relatives live from the countryside and sometimes they spend their vacation there and he fell inlove with the sea.

 

A sudden splash erupted from his behind. He turned to look to find the perpetrator but saw none.

 

Then a vivid figure swimming underneath the waters caught his attention.

 

"Oh.. Someone was just training." A sigh of relief came out.

 

He sat down on the bench and watched the swimmer go back and forth. The swimmer was just doing freestyle but the speed is no joke. He's impressed.

 

Yul enjoys watching her so he decided to stay to watch a bit more.

 

The swimmer already noticed Yul even before she dived into the pool. When she noticed he stayed to watch her, she stopped swimming and stood on her feet before fully turning to him.

 

Yul was startled when she stopped and stared. Eyes are pointing directly at him, leaving him stunned and not knowing what to do. He tried to avoid her intense stare and looked somewhere else - embarassed she caught him watching.

 

The girl changed her expression into a smirk, contented to scare the guy a bit. Then she removes her goggles."Hi there! Enjoyed watching a girl swimming?"

 

"Uhh.. N-no. I'm sorry.. Did I sturb you?" Cheeks flushed when he suddenly felt shy and stood up, ready to leave.

 

"No, it's fine." She dismissed to stop him. "It's nice to have someone around than being alone." The girl said, smiling.

 

She swims to the edge and went up to get near him.

 

"My name is Kim Jaekyung. And you are?" She offered her hand.

 

Yul did not hesitate and reciprocated it, he smiled back at her, almost forgotten the slight terror he had earlier. "I'm Kwon Yul."

 

Jaekyung was astounded by the bright smile that was flashed in front of her very eyes before she realized her watery hands when it touched with him. "Oh.. Sorry my hand is wet. Wait." She stepped back, it's now her who was flustered and immediately went to the other bench to get her towel.

 

Exhaling the unexpected reaction, she walks towards him and sat on the bench. "So what are you doing here?"

 

"I was just wandering around and ended here." He sat beside her and leaned his back on the wall, calmly faced his north.

 

"Is that so? Do you swim too?" She paused for a bit and shifted her eyes to him. "How about you train with me?" And then let out a big smile brought by the excitement she felt.

 

"Yeah.. But can I really? I don't have my swimwear." He excitingly looked at her. He missed swimming so he won't say no to this girl and besides.. She's pretty. That's a plus.

 

"I'll borrow swimming trunks from my friend if you want." She wants to train with him too. An unexplainable joy flares into her with his company even if they just met and she's not even bothered by this 'stranger.'

 

An urge to nod his head rage in him to say yes but it was cut out by his ringing phone. 

 

"Wait.. I have to answer this." He apolegetically smiled at her before making a distance.

 

Grabbing his phone from his pocket, he checked to see who the caller is. "This girl.. Such a wrong timing." He sighed.

 

"Jessica.."

 

"I'm here in the library. Come. Right now." The only words that was delivered and heard before the call ended immediately without allowing him to talk back.

 

His mouth agaped, looking at his phone shockingly. This girl is really a control freak. And even if he doesn't want to comply, he's left with no choice but to go to her and leave Jaekyung because she will haunt him forever if he didn't

 

He shook his head in despair.

 

With slumped shoulders, he strode back towards Jaekyung. "Hey.. I'm sorry but I have to go. Gotta meet someone." He stated in a low tone.

 

Brows curled up in curiosity and lips frowned. "Why so soon..?" A pause. "But okay.. I'll just see you around?" She asked hopefully.

 

"I'll see you around." He assured her and turned to leave. "Bye!" Another smile that caught her off guard was sent to her and a wave of his hand before he continued his way to the library, curious of what's going to happen.

 

---

 

To: Jessica

- I'm here. Can't find you. -

 

Yul texted her when he toured the library but can't seem to find her. "Is she playing with me?" He knotted his forehead at the thought.

 

From: Jessica

- Can't find me? Are you really blind? I'm at the end of the library. -

 

That's right. He didn't tour all the way to the end because he never thought Jessica would stay in a secluded place. Touring towards the end, he found her in front of this tall bookshelf and books are mountained beside her.

 

He surveyed around, she has her back on him. His mind is now thinking of what she's going to do to him with these books. "Why~?" A lifeless but nonmonotonic voice greeted her.

 

She knotted her forehead at the tone of the  voice before tilting her head to glare at him. "Is that how you greet me?" Incredulous, that's what she felt at his action. She doesn't like how he's acting, it was as if he's not giving her any respect. How can he leisurely stand there and greet her without trembling from scare? As far as she knows, they are not close.

 

This guy is something.

 

Yul quickly composed himself when he realized she's not in her best mood. "Hi, Ms. Jung." He grinned brightly and playfully wiggles his eyebrows.

 

"Is that enough?" Yul asked her carefully and yet in a sweet way in attempt to change her mood.

 

She furrowed her brows together, slightly taken aback by his playful stance. "No! I'm not old!"

 

"Your highness?"

 

"No."

 

"Madame President?"

 

"No.."

 

"Princess?" He teased.

 

"No!! Oh my God, why are you being stupid? Call me by my name!" She yelled as she takes another book and a loud thud was heard when it landed on top of the piled up books.

 

A loud laugh echoed, he finds her funny. "Why didn't you say so." Biting his lips to stop himself from breaking into another noisy snickers.

 

She felt insulted. Her eyes grew and a fiery glare darted at him. "Are you laughing at me, huh?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter