Family Morning's

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

Family Morning's

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

“Ajushi!!!! Wake up!! You will be late!!” A loud bang was heard in my door.

I try to ignore it and just focus to sleep again. But the banging was getting louder so reluctantly I gave up and get up from bed. I look blankly at the mattress to collect myself. It’s been a week since they stay with me and yet I still couldn’t believe myself that I am living with the two of them. I look at my clock and saw that it was 7am in the morning. I sigh as I remember that I have a schedule this early morning too.

I went out of my room with a sleepy look, with my hair messily hanging from my face but still I really can’t adapt to this scene. A few days ago, I learned that Jiyeon is already in kindergarten so I was shock to see Taeyeon taking the kid to school. I went to the kitchen and saw a scene that I only know from dramas and movies. Taeyeon is setting up our breakfast while Jiyeon is happily waiting for her breakfast while holding her spoon and fork. I rub my eyes as I don’t know if I still dreaming or is this reality.

“Oh Jiyong-shi breakfast is ready…” Taeyeon said smiling, and damn her sweat stained face make me realize that it was really a sin to have her here. She’s too beautiful even with that hardworking look of hers.

I didn’t say anything and play it cool, and just head to the table. I sit across Jiyeon who is by now glaring at me again. Though, falling for Taeyeon is easy, everytime Jiyeon glare at me, make me realize that she is out of my league.

It is funny that the great me, met a girl who is too good to be with me.

“Ajushi… are you not eating?” Jiyeon ask me and it made me snap back to reality.

“Just ignore me okay… I’m too tired because of my work yesterday.” I just said to her. Taeyeon was still busy cleaning up the kitchen and I really felt bad letting her do all the house chores.

Though originally my mom hires her for this purpose, but still, I wanted her not to do those. “Hey Taeng you can do that later.” I said to her. “Eat first, or else you will feel hungry while sending Jiyeon to school.”

She then stops what she was doing and joins us for breakfast. We eat silently like always and it really is awkward.

“By the way Taeyeon-shi… I know you are hired here by my mom to be my maid, but I don’t want you to do all the chores everytime.” I said to her. “Beside it’s not like you need to do this every day that is why I only need a cleaning lady once a week.”

“But I was hired here as a…” But I didn’t let her finish

“It is temporary.” I then look at her seriously. “Don’t take it the wrong way, I am thankful for your help, but I wish that you can find a stable job so you could be independent enough so you could take care of this brat.” I then poke Jiyeon’s forehead and smile.

Of course Jiyeon just glare at me, but it is fun teasing her. “By the way I won’t be eating dinner here tonight so don’t fix a meal for me.” I said to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon didn’t answer but I know she understand what I meant. It was getting late so I just told them that I would clean the dishes so she could bring Jiyeon to school early. I went to my room first to change some clothes but as I get out they already left. But a smile on my face was formed when I saw the lunchbox prepared for me in the table. Seriously I was touched that she even prepare me this.

What if she is my wife?  I thought but realize it right away and just shake my head to forget it.

After I have done the dishes I readied myself to go to work. I have a schedule right now to do a commercial shoot for a certain family brand. Good thing that my manager is always wait at the parking lot or else he will throw a fit if he sees Taeyeon and Jiyeon.

“Oh you’re up early.” He says to me

If Jiyeon didn’t wake me up I would still be sleeping. “What do you mean hyung, I am always early.” I said.

We then drove off to the site and I was surprised to see TOP hyung there.

“Wow you’re up early.” TOP hyung tease me.

“Why the hell you are over-reacting about me being early. Is it really weird?” I said irritably. “By the way why are you here?”

“The Company who hire you as an endorser is a good friend of mine. He asks me to take care of the shoot.” He said to me.

“Really? I thought you are stalking me hyung.” I said jokingly.

“Why would I stalk you? Besides that, I heard you already know Little Dragon’s name right?” He asks

“Yeah her name is Jiyeon. I don’t know about the last name though.” I said.

“I thought I have the number one informer here. Aishh why does my mom and sister wanted to meet that little girl?”

“Aunt Choi wanted to meet the Jiyeon?” I ask and he just nodded. “Wow… I am starting to feel overwhelm about her popularity.”

I then remember how my interview last week was all centered upon my interaction with Jiyeon how much I know about the kid. The interviewer even gives me something saying I should give it to the little girl.

Truthfully, the PD for FunDae Radio even told me about the uproar Jiyeon cause to the station. Love calls from different company trying to ask if who Jiyeon is and even wanted her to be their endorser. I mean I heard there are even agencies wanted to sign her up.

YG is also seriously wanted her too, and it becoming a problem especially to me who’s only connection was a phone call. Seriously even the actresses in our agency and the others that I am close with wanted first jibs on meeting her. Han Gain noona was even upset that I guest Yesul noona before she did. It was hard for me.

I do the shoot and for almost 4 hours. This was the first time I hated TOP hyung. I am perfectionist too, but that is in music. TOP hyung is too much of a perfectionist that he doesn’t even saw me as a friend. He chewed me out everytime I made a mistake in my acting.

Seriously I even didn’t know I can hate him this much. As the shoot ends, he patted my back and said “Good job on your first acting shoot with me.”

I was so irritated that I shrug his hands off me. “What do you mean good job? This is just a commercial for a family drink and you make me do all serious actor stuff.”

“Hey at least you could learn. You don’t know, maybe someday you will be cast as an actor.”  He said to me.

“You know I don’t like acting.” I said to him. “By the way, I heard that you are doing a TV show with YG hyung?”

“Yeah it is a singing contest.” He said to me. “Something like Kpop star and the voice combined.”

“When will this be air?” I ask without any interest.

“Don’t know yet.” He answers. “But if it is decided maybe next month.”

“Really hyung, I don’t want to work with you ever again.” I said and he just takes it as a joke.

“Hey are you going to reveal Jiyeon more?” He asks me.

“If she won’t be shy.” I answer. “We were lucky enough to get her name.”

“But hey Ji, aren’t you curious about that kid’s mother?” He suddenly said to me. “You know… everyone is commenting that Jiyeon is a good kid but the way she talks about her mother wants to make anyone curious about whom she is.”

I remember that there are people asking who Little Dragon’s mother was. Asking is she was beautiful, or if she is young, and the worse if she is not married anymore. I do wonder though because for as long as I remember Jiyeon didn’t even talk about her father.

“Of course I am… I just hope she is not just an old ajuma.” I said seriously.

I really hope so, because I will really be disappointed, if I learn if she really is. Speaking of mothers, I hope she is like the one who is staying with me. I would be lying if I didn’t find her pretty. I mean something like her is not even human. She is a goddess.

I was busy thinking about her when TOP hyung nudge me. “Hey are you thinking of Jiyeon’s mother being y right?” He then smirked at me. “Don’t try to imagine it; you don’t know if she is an old woman.”

I just ignore what he said and just prepare to go to my next schedule in YG. In the car I open the lunchbox made by Taeyeon and it was a site to behold. It was like a kid lunchbox, with hottdogs shape like an octopus, kimbap, eggrolls, and there are some veggies for example carrots shape in a star. On the side was kimchi and pickled radish. She even packed me something to drink.

Of course my manager and TOP hyung (yes he hitched a ride with us to YG) notice this.

“Wow! That is some awesome lunch Jiyoing-ah.” My manager told me. “Seems like your wife packs a lunch for you.”

“Ya Jiyong! When did you get a girlfriend? That is some nice lunch.” He said as he get one hotdog from the box.

I quickly cover it up and said a lie “My mom made this so hand’s off hyung.” I said as I glare at him.

“Tsk… What a stingy bastard.”

I sigh in relief and just eat it without hesitation. It was so good that I really can’t help to be thankful that she made this for me. Every now and then TOP hyung will look at me with sad eyes so I just let him take a bite. But seriously even TOP hyung said it was so good.

Now I felt conflicted if Taeyeon will leave the apartment, then I won’t ever eat this delicious food again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov….

 

 

 

It was in the afternoon and I am here now at a coffee shop near SM ent. After I drop off Jiyeon to her school and explain everything to her teacher why she was absent for a couple of days, I got a call from Jessica telling to meet up.

I have been ignoring her calls for a while now and just send a text a couple of days ago that Jiyeon and I are alright. But of course she wanted to make sure and went to our old apartment and found out about my lie. She was furious as hell, not only her but also Tiffany. They were super worried and I can’t blame them for that.

As I sip on my coffee, I saw the two entering the café. Even with the glasses and hats I can see it was them. I smile and wave at them and they walk towards at me.

“Wipe that smile of your Taengoo or else I will wipe it for you.” Sica said angrily. So I just lower my head feeling guilty. “Why did you hide that your bastard of a landlord kick you out and the worse is it already been a week since it happen.”

“Sica’s right.” Tiff said too. “You should call us if something like this happens. Don’t you know how freak out we are, trying to contact you. We aren’t even sure if you and Jiyeon are alright.”

“We are this close to filing a missing report for you two.” Sica said to me.

“Sorry… my phone got drenched and it was recently fixed.” I lied, truthfully it wasn’t that drenched but Jiyong went and fix it. The two just gasped in disbelief at my reason.

Of course they won’t believe it, so I smile at the two of them and they just sigh in defeat. “Arreso, as long as the two of you are alright then it’s okay. But if this happen again and you don’t call us, I will be mad at you.” Sica warned.

“By the way Taeng, where did you stay after they kick you out?” Tiffany asks as she drinks her Americano.

“At a Sauna at first…” I lied again.

“Then where are you staying now?” Sica interrogated.

“Truthfully I was hired as an in-house maid for someone.” I said to them.

It was exactly 5 seconds before the two comprehend what they say and violently react.

“WHAT!!!” realizing that they are too loud they compose themselves and glare at me.

“What do you mean an in-house maid? As in you seriously accept that kind of job?” Sica asks worriedly.

“Well yeah… I mean it was a job and the pay was good, plus I don’t have to worry about a place to stay. There’s no rent too.” I explain to them and every word I said they just got madder and madder. “And I can leave once I find a proper job.”

“Wait Sica!” Tiffany stops Sica first. “Taeyeon answer me. That in-house maid thing, at least you are taking care of an old Ajuma right?”

I didn’t answer them, well I couldn’t even look at them so I just sip at my coffee which became cold and divert my gaze.

“Kim Taeyeon!!” Sica said with greeted teeth. “You mean you taking care of an old man who you didn’t know? Are you stupid? Not too long ago you were almost by your of a boss and now you are setting up yourself to another trouble. Worse part is you even let your daughter in this.” I then saw tears in Jessica’s eyes and I felt sorry too, but it’s not like what she say wasn’t wrong.

“Jessica, Tiffany.” I called them. “I know that this is crazy and even dangerous but hear me out first okay.”

I then tell them what really happen. Well not all. I twisted some story and add that Mrs. Kwon was the one who save us and give me the job. Of course I didn’t tell them about her real surname, or about her son. I tell that I was offered to be an in-house maid for her son because of some circumstances. Of course I left out the fact that he was a celebrity too, and just said that he was rich. I even told them how Jiyeon kick the guy and about how we were thrown out of the apartment and was save by him in the end and ask me to go back to the apartment.

“Sounds like a creep to me.” Sica said.

“Yeah… I agree with Sica.” Tiff seconded. “I mean he kicks you out and then save you from those thugs then ask you to stay with him. He is a creep.”

“I told you he seems nice.” I try to convince her. “Besides, he is always away and only comes home to sleep.”

“How old is he?” Tiff asks curiously.

“Just a year older than us.” I answer.

“Is he hot? You know handsome?” Sica pry.

If I think about it he is a celebrity so he is handsome. “Well yeah… but he seems bipolar.” I said to them.

“What do you mean by bipolar? Did he do something to you?” Tiffany asks.

“It’s not like that.” I explain. “Well he seems cold for a moment then tease my daughter and they end up arguing with each other. He is sometimes concerned about me, and then scolds me for doing my job.”

“Are you sure he is not mentally challenge?” Tiffany joked. “Maybe he is just not used to living with other people.”

“But still be careful around him and guard your heart.” Sica warned me. “He is the same age as you. He might try to seduce you.”

We were about to talk more but their jobs called them.  I said goodbye to them as their manager fetch them.

“By the way Taeng can we borrow Jiyeon tomorrow?” Sica asks. “It’s not like she have a class on that day.”

“Why?” I ask curiously.

“Well there is an event for kids that we are attending and we would like Jiyeon to experience it.”

“Well if you promise to take care of her then sure.” I agree. “But please don’t spoil her too much. I don’t want her to be a spoiled brat okay.”

“It’s not like Jiyeon will become like that.” Tiffany answer. “But if you are worried then we promise.”

They offer me a ride to where the house I serve but I refuse stating that it was far and they might be late for their activity.

 

 

After my talks with my friends I then went to the market to buy some foods for the night, I went to the employment service center to find if there are some jobs opening. They given a pamphlet and as usual asks for my personal information and my educational level. But like what I always experience coming in one of this place, I was frown upon. Some of the men see me, and hoot at me. I was disgusted at what they done. I left the place but some people approach me.

“Miss, do you want to work as a waiter?” He asks me, and from the way he looks, he must be a worker for a club.

“Sorry but I don’t want that kind of work.” I said as I get away from him but he just suddenly grabs my hand.

“Ms. Don’t be like that… do you think someone like you would work in a decent job.” He said, and it annoyed me.

But then I remember what Jiyong said to me “Why didn’t you fight back? Why do you let those guys belittle you?”

I then glare at the man and he loosens my hold on me so I forcefully pry it loose. “Mr. If you hold me again, I will sue you for harassment.” I said to him.

I think he gets what I mean as many people have been eyeing us, so he just let go and walk away. I sigh in relief as this was the first time I acted like that. As I rode the bus to go to fetch Jiyeon my nervousness was still there, but I was happy and a felt proud for standing up for myself this time. Looks like Jiyong-shi was right.

I then went to Jiyeon’s school to fetch her. I happily wait in front of the school gate as the kids went out of the school one by one. Most of the mothers know me already and they were kind enough to understand my situation as a single mother. Of course there are ones that really like to gossip, but I just ignore them.

Then I saw Jiyeon walking towards me. She was with someone, another cute girl and they are holding hands. They were so cute that I instantly smile as I look at them.

“Umma… this is Jisoo, my bestfriend.” Jiyeon said cheerfully.

“Hello.” The girl greeted politely.

“Hello to you too.” I greeted hr. “Thank you for being Jiyeon’s friend.”

“Umma… we won a star today look.” Jiyeon said as he shows me the paper star. “We are the best in manners.” She said proudly.

Jiyeon wanted to brag about it, but her friend Jisoo was being called by her mother. I bow to her mom and Jiyeon just wave at her to say goodbye.

On the way home Jiyeon tell me what happen to her school. She was giddy and happy that it made me happy and forgot what happened a couple of hours today. As a price for earning a star, we went to the mall to buy some ingredients for dinner. Jiyong said that he won’t be coming home tonight so it is the only the two of us.

I also bought some foods to stack in Jiyong fridge. Mrs. Kwon, have sent some text to me regarding what kind of foods Jiyong like so I bought them too. Jiyeon was as happy as she rides the cart and helps me get things we need. I also bought our favorite snack, gummy bears and jelly.

She was so happy and I was glad she is. Come to think of it since I met Jiyong, my luck seems getting better. I just hope that it won’t be terrible again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

As I enter YG, I was greeted by an instant interview by entertainment weekly. So this is why YG hyung wanted me at the agency fast. I greeted them and ask for a few minutes for me to prepare. Of course they agree as the interview was not a scheduled one. My boss was also there as he was chatting with the host and PD of the show.

My manager just guide them to my studio as the interview place while I went to change clothes, of course so that my make-up to be fixed. As soon as the reporters were nowhere in sight, that is when I exploded.

“I didn’t know about a scheduled interview?” I said to my Boss.

“Do you think we know too? They went here to interview Daesung about the radio show and ask if they could interview too.” He said to me.

“Then you agree?” I asks him and he nodded.

“I review the question and strictly forbid them not to ask you about your previous scandal.” He said to me.

“And that supposed to be good? Hyung you know I don’t like ambush interview like this.” I said again.

“Don’t be such a whiner. I will review the footage before they go so don’t worry.” He assured me. “After this you can go home now.”

“Really? Then I will finish this up quickly.” I said as I heard that I don’t have any schedule today.

 

The interview

 

(After the usual introduction and usual question)

Host: GD-shi you are now co-djing a radio show with Daesung-shi, is this a permanent?

GD: Not really. Well until the fans of the show get tire of me then I will go.

Host: How will they get tire of you when you are the hottest DJ right now. You’re interaction with one caller has been garnering attention not only with the normal citizens but also with other celebrities. The name Little Dragon has been on top of the search engine for the first month and now the name Little Jiyeon has been in top trending topic for days now.

GD: About the hottest DJ well thank you, but I can’t agree on you on that. Daesung will get mad at me. About that one caller, I am very thankful that my advice has been getting positive feedback. The sad thing is many of my celebrity friends wanted to meet her and bugging me and Daesung.

Host: Speaking of that one caller, I think her name was Jiyeon right? Many are asking if you already know her or you already meet her.

GD: Sadly we really don’t know her. I mean she was calling for almost 2 months now and yet we, in the station still in blank to who she is. We just recently get her name and it comes with an extreme persuasion from us. I just hope she won’t get annoyed.

Host: Have you ever try to search for the little kid? Or are there some people who came and said they are little dragon.

(I then remember that there are times when some mother will go with a little girl and pretend that they are Little Dragon. Of course we check and we scold them for pretending.)

GD: There are. But we have a way to check if she really is Little Dragon. Of course I won’t tell you what it is.

Host: This is just a personal question but, Do you also wanted to meet Little Dragon?

GD: Of course… I wanted to thank her for always calling and asking for my advice. I wanted to thank her for making me realize that good character is what a person, and not their fame or treasure.

Host: As a final statement can you say something for Little Dragon.

GD: Jiyeon-shi and her mother. I hope to meet you someday so we could give you the presents that your fans or I could say the people who were touched by your selflessness and kindness. I wish to meet you someday and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter