We are not a family! (Yet)

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

We are not a family! (Yet)

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

Why is this happening to me? Why? Why?

 

I just came out of my work as a DJ and this is what I saw in my own home. Two additional members in my home who are now sleeping in my guest room, at least they aren’t sleeping in my bed, but what ticks me the most is why my mother just let them stay here.

 

Flashback:

 

“What do you mean they should live with me? Umma are you crazy?” I blurted out as my mother

But she just hit my head and said “Me? Crazy? When do you learn to speak to your mother like that?!”

“Umma is just that… How can you let someone like them live with me?” I said to her.

“Don’t worry they are good people. I listen to why the mother was at the rain and she really is pitiful and yet so strong to endure that much. She is also around your age so she can be your chingu.” My sister Dami said.

“Noona… it’s not that I don’t trust your judgment but if the media know this then I will be in trouble.”I reasoned to them.

“Don’t be like that. Beside the apartment building has a strict security. No reporter will ever notice that they are living with you. Beside in your floor, you are the one there. You don’t even have any neighbor except for Kiko just below your apartment room.” My Mom said.

“Umma… what if someone from the building rant that I have two people living with me. Not any person but a mother and child, then what would happen to me. The people will say that they are my hidden family.”

“Don’t be such a whiner… it is only temporary. As soon as they find a place to stay they will leave.” My mom said.

Defeated as just agree with them. But in our conversation my mom was so fond of the little girl and her mother. She was even pointing out how good the kid is or how sweet the mother is. She even said that she wanted a daughter in law like her, or a granddaughter like the kid.

But what made me confuse was the little girl’s name was the same as Little Dragon, Jiyeon. It was even weird that they have the same situation as the Little Dragon, but I brush off the thought because it was so absurd that she was Little Dragon. One the kid that I talk too on the phone was kind unlike the kid in my apartment right now.

So with heavy heart I just went back to my apartment.

 

End of Flashback…

 

But in reality I was slightly glad that the mother was alright. She looks so innocent and fragile that I was worried for a little that we needed to admit to her to the hospital.

I then went closer to them and the grab a chair and sit just right in front of them. I notice how similar the two are. From their brownish hair to their pale skin, they really are mother and daughter. I don’t even notice that I was smiling.

Then I remember her. If I was just brave enough to fight for her, if I was quick enough then she wouldn’t be…

I then just stand up and leave the room. I didn’t even know why I looking at her face made me remind of that girl. I just went to my room and sleep and hope that today is just a dream.

 

 

As morning light enters my room, I wake up even though I don’t want too. Though I’ve slept long enough it feels like I haven’t sleep though. I don’t even have my usual dream or I didn’t even dream.

I then get up hesitantly and proceed to go to the kitchen, but as soon as I open the door what surprises me was a girl cooking in the kitchen. She has this “wife feel” on her that made my heart skip a beat this early morning. Her hair was tie in a ponytail style that show her beautiful neck. I know most of the men wanted to see this kind of girl cooking for you in the morning. She has this smile on her face and the apron that my mom bought for me was so suited for her that for that moment I really felt that this is my family, and she is my wife.

I quickly brush of the thought as soon as she noticed me. “Hello.” I said to her and she greeted me back.

“Hello…” She said awkwardly. “I already cook some breakfast… I just need to finish washing what I used but you could eat now if you want.”

“No… I will wait until you finish so we could eat together.” I said to her trying to be civil. “By the way where is your daughter?”

“She is in the room fixing the bed and also washing up.” She said. “By the way thank you for saving me, and also sorry for what my daughter did to you.” She then bows her head and I felt guilty for a moment for badmouthing her daughter back at YG.

“It’s okay beside it was my fault.” After that an awkward silent fill in the room and even though I want to help her with the dishes, I can’t as from what I know she has been through a lot with men harassing her so I don’t want to add to that.

But when I have gather some courage to talk to her, the little girl from back then suddenly ran towards her and hug her leg.

“Umma I have finished fixing the bed.” The little girl said cheerfully.

“Really good girl.” The mother said and smile at her daughter. But the thing is everytime I look at them I was picturing my ideal family.

But then she saw me and she became hostile again, glaring at me.

“Jiyeon!” Her mom called angrily. “It’s not nice to glare at people!” The little girl then bows and apologizes to me. “I’m sorry for that.”

“No it’s okay.” I said. “She’s just a kid; beside I was at fault that time.”

“See Umma… that ajushi is the one at fault.” The little girl said, and I just forced a smile.

I didn’t respond and just let them seat at the table for breakfast. We were eating breakfast when I pop the question about their stay here.

“So my mom says she hire you as my in-house maid right?” I ask her. “But I don’t know you.”

“Ah… sorry.” She then stand up and introduced herself. “My name is Kim Taeyeon… and this is my daughter Kim Jiyeon… Sorry for overstaying here.”

“It’s not like I want too, but my mom insisted and I have problems with people going in and out of my apartment.” I said to her. “By the way can I call you Taeyeon?”

“What?” She asks shocked.

“I mean my mom said our ages are just a year apart and I don’t really like calling someone formally.” I said to her. “You can just call me Jiyong.”

“Ahh yeah Jiyong-shi.” She said awkwardly. “Don’t worry… your mom have already told me what I should not do.”

“Ani it’s not like that.” I said trying to act cool. “By the way, are you okay now?”

“Of course Umma will be alright now.” The little kid interrupted. “I was the one who take care of her.” She said proudly.

Taeyeon on the other hand just smile at her daughter and I know it was not true. She was still sick and she was just over exerting herself.

We finished eating in silent and even though she wanted to wash the dishes I just said that I would do it. “Don’t over exert yourself. I can tell that you are still ill so go to bed and rest.”

She just said sorry and head to the guest room. I on the other hand let out a big sigh as I let out all of my nervousness from earlier. I know she doesn’t have any make-up on but why is her glowing like that. Though she really is still sick but, when she smiles you wouldn’t know that.

But as I wash the dishes, I felt someone staring at me. I look and saw Jiyeon looking at me, well from my viewpoint she is glaring at me. It was really uncomfortable and it is creeping me out.

“Ahh Kid—.”

“It’s Jiyeon… ajushi.” She interrupts me.

“Okay Jiyeon-shi.” I acknowledge her. “Would you just go and watch TV at the living room?”

“I need to keep my eyes on you. In case you do something to Umma.” She said to me.

“Yah I won’t do anything to your Umma okay.” I said to her.

“I don’t trust you ajushi.” She said to me. She then angrily went to the living room making me feel really annoyed.

I just then went to my room and started my work. I don’t have any schedule today due to the fact that this is my free time. I try to write a few lyrics but I was overly concerned that a little girl is in my living room and I don’t know what she is doing. So I ended up not doing anything productive.

I didn’t even notice that it was already lunch. I quickly went out to see the little girl sleeping in the couch while the TV is still on.

“She fell asleep.” I heard Taeyeon. She was already awake and is now preparing lunch.

“Don’t worry about it.” I said. “By the way are you fine already? Don’t push yourself to hard. I could just order from a restaurant somewhere.”

“Don’t worry… I can manage to cook some simple meal. Beside Mrs. Kwon filled up your fridge yesterday. It is a shame to not cook it.” She said.

I just stay there and pretend to watch some TV when she called me.

“Jiyong-shi the food is ready.” She then went to her daughter who was sleeping and was about to wake her up.

“Just let her sleep…” I said. “I heard from my mom that she stay up to late just to take care of you. She must have been tired so just let her sleep for a while.”

So it is just the two of us at the dinner table. It was so awkward that even though the food was great, I can’t focus because we aren’t even talking.

“Ahh… right.” She suddenly speaks. “I want to thank you for last time.” I then remember that I did help her.

“No it’s nothing…” I said to her. “Beside that… I want to ask you… What are you doing with those old bastards? When I saw you back then I thought that you are a mistress or something. Not that you are though.”

Just then she started tearing up. Maybe because the memory is just painful for her. “You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want.”

“Sorry… but I just want to forget what happen that day.”

But what I happen next was the one that made me mad that I regretted 

Out of nowhere a pillow suddenly came flying and it hit me right on the back of my head making me bow into my food.

“You bad ajushi! How dare you made my Umma cry?!” She said.

“Jiyeon what have you done?!” I heard Taeyeon scream. “Jiyong-shi sorry!” Taeyeon said as she help clean my face.

But before she could shrug off all of the food in my face, I stand up and then head towards the little girl.

“You Brat!!” I said as I glare at her. “I am restraining myself… but… HOW DARE YOU SMACK ME IN THE HEAD?”

I then grab the little kid and was about to hit her but, Taeyeon came in between us.

“Jiyong-shi… please don’t hit her.” She said and I felt guilty that I got angry. I don’t know why this woman has such huge effect on me. “She doesn’t mean it. I’m sorry.”

I just then shrug of the food on my face and said. “Taeyeon-shi I don’t want to be rude nor anything but could you please pack your bags and leave! I don’t think that I could live with you and your daughter here.” I then pull out some money in my wallet and give it to her. “That’s enough for you to find a new place to stay. So please leave.”

Then I went to my room top clean myself up. As I was in the bathroom my whole body just ran out of strength as I remember the scene earlier. What kind of face did I make? Why do I feel like a bad guy?

“You are a bad guy!” My conscience said to me. “I mean how can you just chase them away? You are a bad guy. Bad Guy…” The word Bad Guy echo in my head and as I finish my bath.

I just shrug off the thought and decide to calm myself down and lie on my bed. I didn’t even notice that I felt asleep and drifted off to dreamland.

 

There was something different in my dream though. I was in a park and from the looks of it there is some kind of a festival going on. But even in my dream Taeyeon and her daughter Jiyeon was all I could see. But the thing is I was just watching as the two played in the park.

I felt the very picture of them having fun, smiling and laughing, while eating some snacks in the park was something I could have once I got married. I wanted to go to them but I can’t. It feels like I don’t deserve them.

Just then somebody pushed me forward and said. “It’s time for you to let go, and chase something that will make you happy.”

I was about to turn around but like any other dream, I was brought to reality once again. As soon as I wake up Taeyeon and Jiyeon suddenly flash into my mind. I then realize that I told them to leave this afternoon.

Realizing that I overreacted earlier and also feeling bad of what I have done I decided to talk to them and also to say sorry to Taeyeon for almost hitting her daughter.

I quickly change clothes and went out of the room. But as I went out a dead silence welcome me. Their presence in my apartment was gone. I quickly went to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter