Turmoil!!

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 29

 

Turmoil!!

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

“Taeyeon! Taeyeon!” I shouted as arrive at her house and knock on her door. I know that she didn’t have any shoot today.

“Oh Jiyong why are you here?” I then turn around to see Kiko.

“Have you seen Taeyeon?” I ask her anxiously.

“Taeyeon unnie went to the broadcasting station.” She said to me. “She suddenly get a call to go there. She even ask me fetch Jiyeon today.”

“!” I curse. “Kiko, you are going to fetch Jiyeon right? Could you bring her to YG? Don’t go somewhere else just go straight to YG.”

I then went to my car and went to the broadcasting station as fast as I could but as I arrive there, I saw some reporters hanging around the place. I can’t go in. I the ponder what should I do, when I thought of Daesung. I immediately call him and he said that I should go to the back of the station. I waited there until I saw him with a staff T-shirt and hoodie.

“Yah… what’s going on?” He ask me. “Someone I know from Kpop Star production said that the contestant in question came from theirs. You don’t think it’s Jiyeon’s Umma right?”

I was just in silent and didn’t answer him and it made him realize easily. “No way! Ji this is serious! We are also responsible for her and her daughter to be in the limelight.”

“Shut up for a second Dae…” I said to him. “Nothing is confirmed yet. By the way thanks for the help. I will update you later.”

I then leave him and went to the place where KPOP Star is being held. Since I wear a staff clothes I blend in more smoothly as I try to find where the meeting is held. I was walking on the hallway when I overheard some staff talking.

“Who do you think the one using drugs?”

“Yah didn’t you read the news it says used too. Meaning that contestant use it before and got nailed for it.”

“It should be one of the male contestant. Ah.. wait another article just posted.”

As soon as I heard it, I quickly grab my phone to look it up.

 

An innocent face with a dark past! Video of contestant sniffing surface the web!

 

“Damn why do they blur the video?” I heard someone said. “But who is this, there are a lot of people in that video.”

“Maybe it is the girl who has been focused a lot?”

The two staff started arguing but for me who watched the video without the blurring my heart was filled with anger and worry. And that made me more anxious. I began checking each room and I don’t even give a damn if I didn’t knock. I was about to enter one room but was surprise to see Taeyeon coming out. I hide myself since the PD for the show was there too.

“Taeyeon-shi please think about our proposition.”

“Yes Sir.” Taeyeon said, “See you again sir.”

Taeyeon have the smile on her face that I was a bit surprise that she was smiling. Does that mean they still didn’t know that it was Taeyeon. I follow Taeyeon but she suddenly went outside and grab a taxi before I could even ask her.

“Hey Ji!” Someone called me and I turn around to see Daesung. “Did you find Ms. Kim?”

I quickly close his mouth and drag him away because I don’t want anyone knows that I am here.

“Hyung what gives?” He whined as I release my cover on his mouth.

“Sorry… I just don’t want anyone knows that I am here.” I said “By the way why are you calling me?”

“Well I have some lead about the contestant the article is talking about.” Daesung said. “I have some acquaintances from some shows and a guy from SMTM said that one of their contestant confess already. So I don’t think that it is Ms. Kim.”

It isn’t anyone from that show! I wanted to say to Daesung but I can’t.

“Hyung… I know you are dating Ms. Kim but why are you assuming that it was Ms. Kim who is doing drugs. I mean she doesn’t look like it?”

“She isn’t. I was just alarmed because the one who wrote it was Reporter Park.” I lied to him. “You know how he have a grudge against me and I am afraid that he will use Taeyeon and Jiyeon.”

“If he try to harm Jiyeon he will answer to me and her millions of follower.” Daesung said. “I mean since Ms. Kim will be your wife someday that makes me Jiyeon’s uncle. And as an Uncle, I will do anything to protect my niece.”

“Sure Dae…” I said to him. “Thanks again for the info call me if anything comes up.”

I then went to my car and hope that I could catch up with Taeyeon on her home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

A few hours before…

“Ms. Kim, we call you here today because of this.” PD-nim said to me. He then give me a paper with a news regarding a certain contestant using drugs. “We know the contest is for all regardless of social standing and other things, but for safety measure and other things we screen all of the contestant that is pick to the show to be sure that no harm will fall to the program.”

“What are you saying PD-nim.” I ask him.

“Ms. Kim, I know we are the one who ask you to join and because of the reputation that you have since the radio show’s anniversary we didn’t do a background check on you.” The Head writer said.

“I will be honest with you Ms. Kim we know that the person on that article is you.” PD-nim said. “Ms. Kim earlier this morning someone sent something to my office and it includes a video of you doing drugs. It looks old though so I am assuming that it was from your teenage days.”

I was shocked that they know about my dark past. I know that I hid it from the world and the police have said that no one will know my involvement nor my file as long as I cooperate. They promise to me that they will protect me and my daughter.

“We know that it is in the past but still we wanted to know if it is true.”

“It is true at some point.” I said to them. “You know I had been married before. My ex-husband was an abusive one, he is also a drug addict. He force me to do pot session with him and everytime I refuse he will beat me. He also videotape every session like it was a movie or something.”

“We will be honest with you Ms. Kim, we wanted to drop you from our show before this blow up big in the news.” The main PD. “I am sorry Ms. Kim but this scandal will be the death of the show… and also this is the order from our boss too.”

“I know…” I said. “I know that my past will be uncover sooner or later. It is ok PD-nim. I am contended enough for you to give me a chance to be on stage and sing. I will take responsibility and exit the show.”

“We are thankful that you are honest with us and even want to take full responsibility if this wasn’t exposed we don’t want you to leave the show because of it. Honestly you are one of the singer who give us viewership.” PD-nim said.

“Ms. Kim we don’t want you to leave.” Writer-nim said to me. “But we are pressure to do this too. But we don’t want you to leave immediately. Your fans will not like it when we suddenly drop you from the show, since you are one of the front liner in winning the show.”

“Since the last elimination has pass… we will just eliminate you from the show next time.” The PD said to me. “Since it is already the quarter finals and team Athena Music have already lost all of his artist except you, we will just use this as an excuse to drop you from the show by eliminating you next.”

 “If it is what you plan to do, I’m okay with it… like I said I am thankful enough for giving me this opportunity.” I said to them

“But Ms. Kim as an advise… Since the video was from your teenage days and as you said you were forced to do those kind of things… I know someone from a local news. We could help you set up an interview if you like to explain your side of the story.” PD-nim said.

I then stand up and thank them again as I went out of the room.

“Taeyeon-shi please think about our proposition.”

“Yes Sir.” Taeyeon said, “See you again sir.” And I went out.

I was about to go home when I receive a text from an unknown number that said.

 

Love my gift to you? There is much more where it came from…. See you honey…

 

I know that it was Jin-Tae. He was the one only person I know who have those video’s. So I texted him and ask him where he is and he replied back. So I grab a taxi and went there.

 

End of flashback.

 

“Wow… you really look different from the I have before.” He said to me.

We are now in a café somewhere and I am thankful that there isn’t many people there but still if I have a choice I won’t be hear sitting across this man.

“Cut the crap Jin! What do you want?” I said to him. “Why are you trying to ruin my life?!”

“Your life? What about mine? Huh ?” He then hold my hand gripping it tight. “Do you know how my life became hell when you put me in jail? That money will make me rich and you ruin it.”

“You deserve it! You are the one who ruin my life once and you are doing it again.” I said to him. He then release his grip in my arm. “You deserve it and you know it. Robbing a bank? How stupid you can get? So please don’t do this anymore and just leave us alone.”

“I won’t leave you alone.” He said to me. “I will ruin your life like how you ruin mine. I will always be there and haunt you.”

I couldn’t stomach what he said and was about to walk away when he said something to me.

“Mr. Kwon doesn’t know about your daughter doesn’t he?” I turn around and eyed him “That daughter of yours… someone said that if she started taking in those endorsement deals she can rake in some money. You do know that I can claim to be her guardian once you became incapable of supporting her. I also have a job right now, unlike yours…-”

The thought of him taking away my child angers me and I slap him hard and said “Don’t you dare touch my daughter? She isn’t some product that you can use to make money off.”

“Your daughter? Taeyeon would you stop dreaming? That daughter you are talking about is dead when you abort it.” He laugh at me. “That girl is just a replacement when your friend ask you to look out for the kid! Just so you know my name is in the adoption papers. Legally I am her father too.”

“STOP IT!!!” I shouted at him. “Jiyeon is my daughter! And if you try to get close to her or harm her… help me god I will put you back in jail!”

I grab my bag and went out of the restaurant, but what he said lingers in my head. A statement that was true in every sense… a truth that I wanted to hide for the rest of my life.

 

Flashback:

 

I was dead inside… I couldn’t feel my whole body as I open my eyes in this white room. I have been here for almost a week now, and I know that I couldn’t afford if I stay here for much longer.

But I can’t move, not because I am paralyzed but because the pain of losing my unborn child due to my own carelessness. Nine months she was with me. I tried hard to make her healthy regardless of what he did to me. She was almost due to come out but due to my own doing she couldn’t live. The doctor said to me that my daughter was in the worst condition and she couldn’t live long because of some complication in my pregnancy. It breaks me… that I made her like that. I couldn’t even bury her properly and just let a neighbor handle the funeral for me. Sadly my husband took some of the money for our daughters funeral to gamble. My heart aches… that when my daughter was lay into her coffin I wasn’t there to see her off.

It hurt so much, but what hurt most is that my husband didn’t even care. I thought when I conceived his child he will somewhat change but I was wrong. From my first trimester upto that unfortunate accident, he was not there. When he get home he will verbally abuse me and ask me to sniff some drugs with him. I said that I can’t since I was pregnant but he will hit me if I refuse. Because of it… my daughter… I cried again silently and I just try to hold it in because I don’t want to be a nuisance to the other patients.

The very next day, though still emotionally battered and the doctor who try to persuade me, I decided to discharge myself from the hospital but I was shocked to hear that my hospital fees where already been paid.

“Can I ask who pay for me?” I ask the receptionist but someone answer me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter