36. Untitled Band AU

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Description:   Junmyeon is a slightly shy high school senior with a crush on his cousin's bandmate, Yixing, the guitarist.

Notes: this has been in my head for a while

Warnings/Tags:  fluff 


It's just a stupid crush. It'll blow over eventually. At least that's what he tells himself. 

 

But if Junmyeon was being honest with himself, who wouldn't fall for Yixing? He was kind,funny, smart, could sing, dance, play guitar and piano and had a killer dimpled smile.

 

And it doesn't help matters that Yixing spends a lot of time in his house. All thanks to his cousin Jongdae. Why? Because they were in a band together. Jongdae was the groups lead singer while Yixing was the lead  guitarist. And Jongdae seems to love volunteering their house for band practice.

 

Curse you Kim Jongdae, yet bless you at the same time.

 

.

.

.

 

Junmyeon sat at a table with Jongdae at lunch. Next to Jongdae was Baekhyun, Jongdae's best friend and the band's bassist and Chanyeol, Baekhyun's boyfriend and the drummer. Normally Kyungsoo, the band manager, Luhan another guitarist and Minseok the keyboardist would be present with them, but Kyungsoo was busy with his boyfriend, the captain of the dance club and Luhan and Minseok had an emergency football team meeting to attend. 

 

"So Junmyeon are you gonna tell Yixing you like him or can I do it?" Baekhyun asked abruptly, causing Junmyeon to choke on his rice.

 

Jongdae patted his cousin's back as he tried to stop coughing.

 

"Was that a yes or a no?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"No one is telling Yixing anything. He doesn't need to know that I like him." Junmyeon said

 

"But why noooot?" Baekhyun whined, "the two of you would look perfect together."

 

"Just... no okay? I don't even know if Yixing likes guys. Next thing you know he's straight and I look like a complete idiot if I confess." Junmyeon said, disappointment evident in his voice.

 

"Come to think of it, I don't even know what Yixing likes. I'm not aware of any exes or any preference in particular. He never talks about relationships with us." Jongdae stated.

 

"It's simple really. Just ask him of he prefers s or butts. If he says s then obviously he's straight, if he says butts then there's a possibility he's open to both guys and girls." Chanyeol suggested 

 

"Or... you can just ask him what his orientation is." Junmyeon pointed out.

 

"Good so you're on the right track. So you can ask him right Jun?" Jongdae said.

 

"What?! No! N-no I can't ask Yixing that." Junmyeon said blushing.

 

"Ask me what?" a voice asked behind him. Junmyeon turned and there he was, Yixing in all his fine glory. Junmyeon turned back around and blushed harder.

 

"We were just talking and we wondering if you prefer s or butts." Chanyeol covered.

 

"That's a weird topic of conversation. I've never really given it much thought but since I'm biual I guess I'd go with butts." Yixing answered as he sat down in the free space next to Junmyeon.

 

"I'm a guy myself." Chanyeol joked, slapping Baekhyun's behind to punctuate causing the other male to yelp. 

 

" Yixing you know who has a really nice ? Junm- OW!" Jongdae's sentence was cut short when he groaned in pain after Junmyeon stepped on his foot under the table.

 

"Aww did you stub your toe Dae?" Junmyeon feigned innocence. 

 

"I hate you." Jongdae wheezed out.

 

.

.

.

 

The band was in the Kim's garage practicing  (read: chatting non stop) for a gig. Their friend Jaebum was having a New Year's party and they were asked to perform.

 

They practiced for about an hour then they stopped for refreshments.

 

"Junmyeon hyung and I made sandwiches and we have juice." Kyungsoo said when he and Junmyeon came in with trays in hand. 

 

"Oh thank God I'm starving." Minseok said taking two sandwiches off of the tray. Everyone came and grabbed a sandwich afterwards.

 

Before Yixing began eating he lifted his shirt to wipe the sweat collecting at his brow. 

 

Junmyeon felt as if he stopped breathing for a moment. Taking a look at those finely sculpted abs is something he wouldn't mind doing more often.

 

"Stare any harder and you'll get a nosebleed Jun." Kyungsoo whispered in his ear.

 

"I was not star- shut up." Junmyeon denied, his face getting redder. 

 

.

.

.

 

It was New Year's Eve and Junmyeon was on his second cup of.... something at Jaebum's party. He was feeling a bit giddy but nothing too drastic, he knew his limits and somebody was gonna have to drag Jongdae home when the time comes. 

 

He was waiting for the band to start their performance. it was due ten minutes before midnight so everyone could be with their partners before the countdown started. 

 

A little while later the band came on stage and began singing, immediately pulling everyone in the crowd's attention.

 

True Jongdae had an amazing singing voice that never fails to blow him away but Junmyeon couldn't take his eyes off of Yixing. He looked so happy up there with his guitar and the rest of the band. Kyungsoo was standing next to him swelling with pride. He had every right to be, he was in charge of a really popular group who could make it big one day.

 

Everyone cheered when they had finished performing. A few people came up to them while they were coming off stage, with questions and compliments. Junmyeon's eyes followed Yixing as he made his way to the back with his guitar in his hand, a few girls trailing behind him. He was hoping to get to talk to him but that looked like it wouldn't be happening. At least not tonight.

 

.

.

.

 

Junmyeon felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned and was face to face with Yixing, who had his guitar case strapped on his back.

 

"Yixing.. um hi." Junmyeon greeted nervously, "W-what are you doing here? Where are you going?"

 

"Home. This party isn't really my kind of thing." Yixing replied.

 

"Aww but you can't leave now. Not before the countdown." Junmyeon said.

 

"Are you gonna give me a reason to stay?" Yixing asked with a hopeful expression which Junmyeon missed. 

 

'You can stay here and kiss me dammit.' is what Junmyeon wanted to say but he didn't.

 

"Um... because celebrating the new year with friends is more fun?" Junmyeon answered a bit unsure.

 

"I was hoping for a better reason than that but fine... I'll stay. Just for you." Yixing replied. The older male smiled at that.

 

.

.

.

 

One minute to midnight.

 

Yixing and Junmyeon were talking and having a good time when Junmyeon dropped the bomb.

 

"Okay this may be the alcohol giving me all this courage but I like you, a lot. I think about you all the time and I wanna hold your hand and I get jealous when I see all those pretty girls talking to you all the time. I want to be with you but you probably don't even feel the same way- " Junmyeon got cut off when Yixing put a finger to his lips

 

The two of them stood there in silence for a bit.

 

"W-what are you doing?" Junmyeon asked, a terrified look in his eyes.

 

"Waiting." Yixing smiled.

 

'Waiting? Waiting for what?' Junmyeon thought 

 

"10"

 

"9"

 

"8"

 

"7"

 

"6"

 

"5"

 

"4"

 

"3"

 

"2"

 

"1"

 

When everyone in the party shouted 'Happy New Year' Junmyeon was taken by surprise when he felt Yixing kissing him.

Closing his eyes he melted into the kiss as Yixing wrapped his arms around his waist.

 

When they parted Yixing looked at him and said 

 

"Happy new year."

 

.

.

.

 

-A few days later-

 

"About damn time you two got together." Baekhyun huffed.

 

Apparently no one was surprised when the two broke the news that they got together

 

"I'm just glad you two finally sorted everything out. The was getting unbearable." Kyungsoo stated causing everyone to agree.

 

"Now all we need is for Jongdae to man up and talk to Minseok." Yixing whispered to Junmyeon. 


Happy New Year everyone!!!!

I was thinking about this for a while and decided to write.

I know I've been quiet for a while so just a little oneshot to prove I'm still writing.

2017 was a really hard year for me and I know it was for a lot of people too so I hope 2018 is a better year for all of you.

Hope you enjoyed 

Comment, request, subscribe

See you in the next chapter <3 <3 <3