30. My Bleeding Heart

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Thirty

My Bleeding Heart 

Requested by littlestarrie 

Description: Junmyeon suffers from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and tends to shy away from people and the outside till he meets Yixing, a sweet and adventurous hemophilliac who shows him how to live again.


Notes: Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is a disease in which the heart muscle (myocardium) becomes abnormally thick (hypertrophied). The thickened heart muscle can make it harder for the heart to pump blood.Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy often goes undiagnosed because many people with the disease have few, if any, symptoms and can lead normal lives with no significant problems. However, in a small number of people with HCM, the thickened heart muscle can cause shortness of breath, chest pain or problems in the heart's electrical system, resulting in life-threatening abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias).

Haemophilia, also spelled hemophilia, is a mostly inherited genetic disorder that impairs the body's ability to make blood clots, a process needed to stop bleeding. This results in people bleeding longer after an injury, easy bruising, and an increased risk of bleeding inside joints or the brain.


Warnings/Tags: Angst...? Romance, cliffhanger

Please read a/n at the end 


Junmyeon was walking out of the doctors office in the clinic.


He sighed heavily and buried his nose in his red scarf and continued walking.


He didn’t even notice the body in front of him until he bumped into it.


“Sorry.” Junmyeon muttered before getting ready to continue walking away


“Its fine. Hey, are you okay?” The person asked


“I'm fine.” Junmyeon said not bothering to look up at whoever was talking to him


“if you say so. I’m Yixing.” He said


“I didn’t ask but okay.” Junmyeon said with disinterest


“Usually when someone tells you their name you reply with yours.” Yixing said .


Junmyeon sighed and looked up at the other with an unamused face.


“Junmyeon. Happy now?”


“Yes, but I would be happier if you smiled.” Yixing said.


“Can’t see that happening.” Junmyeon stated.


“I bet I can make you smile.” Yixing said smugly


“You think you’re so cool don’t you?” Junmyeon asked


“I know I’m cool but that’s not the point.” Yixing said
Junmyeon rolled his eyes.


“Look, how about I take you out for coffee sometime.” Yixing suggested.


“Um... I don't know-“ Junmyeon was cut off by the sound of a horn honking.


“I have to go.” Junmyeon said before walking away and getting into the black vehicle that honked a second ago.
.
.
.
Junmyeon sat in the library of his big home reading a novel silently.


His parents made sure that he had everything he would need was right there in the house so he'd never have to leave unless he was going to the doctor
He was under 24/7 care in the house. He had a nurse, a nanny and a tutor among other things and a driver
Junmyeon thinks he’s lucky for his parents’ wealth. Imagine if they were poor, how would they pay for all his meds and surgeries.
Sometimes he finds it all overbearing. Being watched every minute, every hour without being left alone. Sometimes he wished he could leave it all, not worrying about his health or anything.
.
.
.
The next time Junmyeon sees Yixing, he’s walking out of the doctors office in the clinic, passing by the front desk he spotted a familiar person.


“Yixing?” Junmyeon called


“Oh hey pretty boy.” Yixing greeted.


“What are you doing here?” Junmyeon asked


“What’s it to you? Are you worried about me Junmyeon?” Yixing asked with a smirk.


“You wish.” Junmyeon scoffed.


“So what about that date?” Yixing asked


“I didn’t agree to any date.” Junmyeon said


“But admit it, you want to go out with me. Even if it’s just a little.” Yixing replied.


“Fine, if you’re so smug I’ll go out with you, but I’m warning you, I’m not gonna like it.” Junmyeon huffed.


“I'll take it but I promise you we're gonna gave fun.” Yixing said, “I'll see you here on Friday.”
.
.
.
“Where are you taking me?” Junmyeon asked as Yixing led him to the car park.


“Its a surprise.” Yixing said with a wink.


“What kind of car do you drive?” Junmyeon asked


“How many questions are you going to ask me?” Yixing replied


“Fine, I’ll stop.” Junmyeon said


Yixing stopped in front of a red and black Harley Davidson motorcycle


“You're kidding me right?” Junmyeon asked incredulously


“I’ll have you know it’s in mind condition.” Yixing stated, passing Junmyeon a helmet


The Chinese male got on the motorcycle, Junmyeon skeptically greeting on behind him.
Yixing put on his helmet.


“You’re going to want to hold on.”
.
.
.
When they came to a halt Junmyeon unsteadily got off, taking off the helmet and returning it to Yixing.


“Now wasn’t that fun?” Yixing asked


“I've never done that before.” Junmyeon said


“Its always good to try something new.” Yixing said.


Junmyeon turned around and gasped in surprise when he realized they were at the beach.


“I know the water’s to cold to bathe in this time of year but I thought we could come anyway.” Yixing explained.
Junmyeon let a small smile grace his lips.


“See? I knew you had a pretty smile.” Yixing pointed out


Junmyeon blushed.
.
.
.
“I know it’s not any if my business but I still want to ask. Why do I see you at the clinic so often?” Yixing asked


Junmyeon sighed


“Look you don’t have to tell me.” Yixing said.
The two were sitting on the sand, watching the waves and feeling the breeze.


“I have a heart disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. It causes a lot of different symptoms so I’m at the clinic often to get my meds. Shortness of breath, chest pain, heart attacks, all those things. I can’t even remember how many surgeries I've had. My parents usually keep me inside so I could be monitored. I usually don’t leave my house so my parents would kill me if they found out.” Junmyeon explained.


“It'll be our little secret then.” Yixing said.


“What about you? Why do I see you at the clinic?” Junmyeon asked


“Would you believe me if I said I work there?” Yixing asked


“Well I won’t believe you now.” Junmyeon said


“I have haemophilia. I don’t know if you’d call it a disease but I get injured and bruised easily so I go on my adventures with caution.” Yixing said


“Your blood doesn’t clot right? I've read about it before.” Junmyeon added.


“Yeah.” Yixing said.


After sitting and talking about everything for a few hours the two got up and got ready to go.
.
.
.
“I hope you had a good day.” Yixing said as they stood in front of Junmyeon's house


“I did. Thanks.” Junmyeon said


“Good.” Yixing said, pressing a kiss to Junmyeon's forehead.


The action caused the smaller male to blush.


“I'll see you around.” Yixing said before leaving.


Junmyeon couldn’t wipe the smile off his face as he went up to his room.
.
.
.
Junmyeon and Yixing had been seeing each other for months now after their trip to the beach.


Yixing had taken Junmyeon to the amusement park, to a fireworks display, a nature trail and other activities.
Junmyeon was touched when Yixing took him ice skating when Junmyeon mentioned that he missed doing it as a kid.
Junmyeon was happy that he still remembered how to skate and Yixing was happy to see Junmyeon having so much fun.


Junmyeon's nurse said she hasn’t seen Junmyeon smile so much since he got sick.


His parents still don't know about Yixing but everyone else in the house knew about him. He had been over a couple times and Junmyeon's parents are never home so they haven’t met.

The two were standing in front of Junmyeon's house, the latter getting ready to open the door.


“I'll see you tomorrow? ”Junmyeon asked
Yixing nodded.


The Chinese male called him before he got inside.


“Wait, one more thing.” Yixing said


As Junmyeon turned around he felt a pair of lips on his own.


“I’ve always wanted to do that.” Yixing said when they parted.


Junmyeon's entire face went red.


“Tomorrow I’m taking you to the Han River.” Yixing said before leaving

 

Junmyeon entered his house, his heart racing.


‘I need to calm down.’ Junmyeon thought.


Junmyeon’s nurse, Mrs. Choi walked into the room.


“Are you okay Junmyeon?” she asked.


“I’m fi-“ Junmyeon collapsed before he finished his sentence.


Mrs. Choi rushed over to Junmyeon's unconscious body.
.
.
.
Yixing was worried, it’s been as fee days since he last saw Junmyeon.


When he went to pick him up the last time we was greeted by Junmyeon’s parents who seemed very unhappy to see him.


They told him that Junmyeon went to a private hospital and that he was no longer able to see him.
Yixing has always been a stubborn person so he wasn’t simply going to take no for an answer.


Luckily Mrs. Choi was very fond of Yixing so she told him the hospital Junmyeon was staying at.
.
.
.
Junmyeon was sitting on his hospital bed, reading.
He was bored out of his mind and hated staying at the hospital but he needed to be under surveillance for a while.


When he thought he just passed out or fainted or something it was until he was revived at the hospital he was told that he went into cardiac arrest midway.


More than anything else he really missed Yixing. He had grown quite fond of the younger. Way more than he expected.
Now Yixing is all he thinks about. His smile, his dimple, his outgoing and warm personality and that kiss.


He was brought out of his thoughts by a knock on the door.


“Mr. Kim you have a visitor.” The nurse said.
Junmyeon looked up from his book and couldn’t help but smile.


“Hey there.” Yixing greeted.


“I thought you gave up on me.” Junmyeon said


“No way, Mrs. Choi told me where your parents put you. They don’t seem to like me very much.” Yixing said.


“Who cares about them?” Junmyeon asked. He noticed a bandage on Yixing's hand.


“What happened to your arm?” Junmyeon inquired


“Oh, yeah I had a little accident. Kinda got stabbed with a nail and bled till I passed out but I’m fine now. Good thing my roommate found me.” Yixing explained.


“Is it okay now?” Junmyeon asked


“Yeah, sometimes it bleeds on its own because the sound isn’t fully healed but I’m good.” Yixing answers


“Okay but we need to talk.” Junmyeon said seriously
.
.
.
“So after I kissed you that night you had a heart attack?” Yixing asked


“Pretty much.” Junmyeon said


“Wow, I didn’t know I had that effect on you.” Yixing replied


“You have no idea.” Junmyeon muttered


“So does this mean that you like me back?” Yixing asked


Junmyeon nodded shyly.


“And does this mean I can’t kiss you again?” Yixing asked


“I actually wouldn't be happy about that .” Junmyeon said quietly.


“Thank God, that first kiss wasn’t enough.” Yixing said before leaning in to kiss the older.


Junmyeon smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Yixing’s neck


Yixing pulled away, biting Junmyeon's lip before doing so.


“At this rate you’re definitely going to give me another heart attack.” Junmyeon joked.
.
.
.
The new couple were talking on the phone about a month after Junmyeon went back home.


Your parents aren’t home right?” Yixing asked on the other line.


“No. They’re on another business trip.” Junmyeon said


Okay good.” Yixing sighed.


“What you were planning on doing something to me?” Junmyeon asked


Luckily you’re quiet so even if they were home they wouldn't know.” Yixing said.


“ert.” Junmyeon blushed


“You started it. I'll be there in about a few minutes.” Yixing said


“See you then.” Junmyeon hung up and waited outside his house.
.
.
.
It had been a few hours and Yixing hadn’t arrived yet.
Junmyeon had a bad feeling in the out of his stomach
Waiting a while longer he got a phone call.


“Hello?” Junmyeon answered.


“Kim Junmyeon?” an unfamiliar voice asked.


“Yes?” Junmyeon asked


“I'm sorry but-“


I haven't updated in a while I know.

A few things

  • I'll be writing an extended version of this chapter separately so look out for it. I'll add more to it and you'll find out what happened to Yixing 
  • I have exams coming up next month so I'll be undergoing some intense studying but I promise as soon as I'm done I'll update.
  • I need more questions for the 2nd q&a chapter please 

 

Also I wanted to get to know my lovely readers so I wanted to ask what country you guys are from. I'm from Trinidad and Tobago if anyone knows where that is.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed 

Sorry for any spelling errors 

Comment request subscribe 

See you in the next chapter <3 <3 <3