18. My Umma and Him

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Eighteen

My Umma and Him

 

Requested by su-holdup

Description: Junmyeon is a single parent. Jongin is a kid looking out for his umma. Yixing is the reason why Junmyeon's been smiling more often. Single parent AU.

Notes: none

Warnings/Tags: kid!Jongin, single parent!Junmyeon, implied mpreg


Six year old Jongin ran through the park, after his ball. He knew his umma would be very upset because he ran off without permission but that was his favourite ball and he wasn't going to lose it to another child or let it roll into the road. Too late for that last one.

Jongin stopped in the middle of the road and picked up his ball. He gasped when he saw a car speeding towards him.

Before he could even move or react he was pulled out of the road by a stranger.

"Careful kiddo, that coul have ended very badly for you." the person said.

"Sorry mister, thank you." Jongin apologized

"Where are your parents?" the man asked.

"My umma should be coming soon and I don't know my appa." Jongin replied honestly.

"Well you should wait here for your mom." the man said.

"There he is." Jongin said, pointing to the male that was now running up to him and the man.

"Kim Jongin don't you ever run off like that again. I don't know what I wouldhave doneif that car hit you baby." Junmyeon, his umma said, kneeling down and checking for any cuts or bruises, then hugged him tightly.

"Sorry umma. I won't do it again." Jongin apologized, hugging back.

Junmyeon got up and looked at his son's saviour. Honestly this man was heaven sent. He was taller than he was, tired looking eyes and a small smile gracing his lips. It was undeniable how attarctive he was.

"Thank you so much for saving my son's life. I swear one minute he was right in front of me playing with his ball and I only turned away for a second to a wter bottle away, next minute I look up and he's in the road. Now you probably think I'm a bad parent." Junmyeon explained.

"Things happen, I don't think you're a bad parent. I have to say though, I can easily see where your son gets his good looks from." the man says with a playful smile, revealing a dimple.

Junmyeon blushed a deep red at the compliment.

"T-Thank you. I'm Junmyeon. And this little rascal is Jongin." Junmyeon held out one hand, the other hand intertwined with Jongin's.

"Yixing. Very nice to meet you both." he said, shaking Junmyeon's hand.

Jongin looked up at the two adults who were still holding hands, smiling at each other.

"Why are you staring at my umma like that mister?" Jongin asked innocently.

The two adults hastily let go of each other's hands and looked everywhere but at each other.

"U-um Jongin, we should get going. I have to figure out what I'm making you for dinner." Junmyeon said, his cheeks getting red again.

"I guess I'll see you around?" Yixing asked.

"Y-yeah, I guess." Junmyeon replied before leaving with his son.

.

.

.

Jongin was sitting in the pre-school class with hi two best friends, Kyungsoo and Sehun. Jongin sighed, getting his friends' attention.

"What's wrong Jongin-ah?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Remember the man I told you about that saved me? I think he likes my umma. And my umma likes him back." Jongin said, putting down his Play Doh.

"What makes you say that?" Kungsoo asked.

"Well he was holding my umma's hand for a really long time and he made him smile and blush twice." Jongin answered.

"Your umma has really soft hands." Sehun added.

"Maybe he does like him. What are you going to do?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I don't know. I want my umma to be happy but I don't want him to forget me." Jongin replied.

.

.

.

Junmyeon and Jongin were rushing out of their house. The two were running a tad bit late so they were hurrying everything. 

Junmyeon locked the apartment door behind him and proceeded to pull his son along.

If he was walking any faster he would have bumped into the person in front of him. 

"Sorry." Junmyeon looked up to see Yixing with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Yixing? You live here? I've never seen you around here before." Junmyeon said, fixing his bag on his shoulder.

"I don't live here. I'm just visiting a friend. He made me get flowers for his boyfriend. But I don't think he'd notice if one flower is missing." Yixing explained, taking a rose out of the bouquet and handing it to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon shyly accepted the rose with a thank you. Jongin watched the interction between the two adults.

"Thank you again for last Saturday. I don't know how I'll ever repay you." Junmyeon said.

"I can think of one way. Let me take you out to dinner. I'd love to get to know you more Junmyeon, if that's okay with you." Yixing suggested.

"S-sure. I wouldn't mind that at all." Junmyeon answered.

"Umma! We're still late!" Jongin yellled.

Junmyeon gasped as he suddenly remembered.

"Yixing, I'm sorry but I have to go." Junmyen said, holding on to Jongin and heading for the elevator.

"What about our date? Is Friday fine?" Yixing asked quickly before the elevator doors closed.

"Friday's great. I'll be ready by 7."mJunmyeon said right before the doors closed.

 

Jongin was right, Yixing definitely liked his umma, and his umma liked him too.

.

.

.

Jongin watched as his umma was getting ready for his date.

"Okay Nini, Uncle Minseok is going to come get you and you guys are going to have a sleepover at his house alright? I want you to behave please." Junmyeon said.

"Yes umma. I'll be good. You have fun." Jongin replied.

"That's my boy." Junmyeon smiled, kissing Jongin's forehead..

.

.

.

Yixing had taken Junmyeon out to a lovely Chinese restaraunt.

The two had found out a lot about each other. Yixing said that he owned a clinic and that he lived alone, mostly spending his free time dancing or composing music. Junmyeon had to admit that he felt a little inferior, only being a teacher, spending his free time reading or simply being with his son.

"Jongin told me when I first met him that he didn't know his father." Yixing said. 

He noted the sudden drop in Junmyeon's expression. The latter let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, its not my business. I shouldn't have brought it up." Yixing said.

"No, its fine. I should tell you if you're serious about being with me." Junmyeon said,"We were together for a while but it wasn't anything really serious, just a simple college relationship. One night at a party we were both drunk, one thing lead to another and a few weeks later I realized I was pregnant. Three months into my pregnancy he told me he was cheating on me and he didn't want anything to do with the baby. I had to take classes from home and and survived the entire thing by myself. Only thing is  that Jongin was born a month early, the doctor said I was under too much stress. After he was born I took on another job to support us and we've been fine ever since, just me and him. Back then I might have thought that it was a mistake but Jongin is the best thing that has ever happened to me." 

"Wow, not many people could go through what you did Junmyeon. That's very admirable. And Jongin seems like a really great kid." Yixing said

"He is, and he's too smart for his own good." Junmyeon replied.

.

.

.

-9 months later-

Yixing and Junmyeon were standing outside the latter's apartment.

"I had a great time tonight Yixing, thank you." Junmyeon said, his hands still intertwined with Yixing's.

"Anything for you beautiful." Yixing replied.

"How about next time we just stay at your place, just you, me and a bottle of champagne. I'll see if Minseok hyung can watch Jongin for the entire night." Junmyeon suggested, his other hand on Yixing's nape.

"I like the sound of that." Yixing smiled, pressing a slow, sensual kiss on Junmyeon's lips.

They parted a while after.

"I better go inside. Jongin is probably asleep by now." Junmyeon said.

"Okay, enjoy the rest of your night and I'll talk to you tomorrow." Yixing said.

Junmyeon went inside feeling incredibly giddy.

.

.

.

"Umma?" Jongin asked.

"Yes baby?" Junmyeon replied.

"Do you love Yixing?" Jongin asked.

"Yes I do Nini, is something wrong?" Junmyeon asked.

"Now that you love Yixing, are you going to stop loving me?" Jongin asked.

"No, of course not baby. Nothing will ever stop me from loving you. I love you more than anything in the world okay? Remember that." Junmyeon answered.

"Okay umma I will. I'm happy Yixing makes you happy."

.

.

.

"What flavour ice cream do you want Jongin?" Yixing asked.

"Chocolate!" Jongin cheered. Yixing chuckled at the boy's excited reaction.

"What about you?" Yixing turned to Junmyeon

"Hm, I think I'll have Mint Chocolate Chip." Junmyeon answered

"I'll have a Rocky Road." Yixing decided.

.

The three walked hand in hand in the park where they first met. Junmyeon looked at the two most important people in the world to him and felt as if he couldn't be happier.


Writer's block is a .

Anyway, Christmas is in a few days, let me know if you want a Christmas themed oneshot. That will be my gift to you <3

About the chaptered Sulay, give me ideas as to what setting you want it in; highschool, domestic, etc.

Sorry for any spelling errors.

I hope you enjoyed

Comment, request, subscribe.

Lots of love <3<3<3

See you in the next chapter.