#Drabble Two - Beijing Trip

Tfibb/tfipcy drabbles

161004  Tuesday Thank you for tfipcy feature! <3


“Hurry the up!” Chanyeol shouts as he jogs towards the plane.

“Shut up!” Baekhyun hisses beside him, panting. “If you didn’t sleep in …”

“Who was the one that wouldn’t give me a rest last night?” Chanyeol shoots back as they climb up the steps towards the plane. The flight attendant smiles at them patiently and Chanyeol slows down when he reaches the top.

“Your tickets please.” She says.

“Oh.” Flustered, Chanyeol pats around for his ticket, heart in his throat when he can’t seem to find it. “Uh –”

“Move aside.” Baekhyun steps in front of him, two tickets present in his slender fingers. Chanyeol would’ve scoffed at how unnecessarily snobby Baekhyun sounded if it weren’t for the fact that he almost cried in relief.

“Move further down, and your seats will be to the left.” She passes the tickets back and Baekhyun thanks her, then he grabs Chanyeol’s hand and pulls him along.

“Can you act less like a prick?” Chanyeol mutters.

“I’m not over the fact you bought economy class seats. Screw you.” Baekhyun hisses back, and when he finds their seats, he takes the window seat with an annoyed huff.

“Well I’m sorry first class makes me feel weird and inferior.” Chanyeol argues back. “Besides, it’s not me who booked the tickets, it was mum! You know mum always likes to save money.”

“I should’ve paid for the airfare.” Baekhyun mutters to himself, crossing his arms as he pouts and looks out at the window. Shrugging, Chanyeol takes his seat next to Baekhyun and listens as the flight attendant asks them to put on their seatbelt. Chanyeol snaps it closed, then glances over at Baekhyun, who still has his arms crossed as he continues staring out the window. Sighing, Chanyeol reaches over and fastens the seatbelt for his boyfriend.

“We’re going to see them soon.” Chanyeol says softly. “Aren’t you happy? It’s only a one hour flight, and then we’re going to see them.” To emphasise his point, Chanyeol rummages through his back and takes out a lightstick, then waves it at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun at first doesn’t budge, eyebrows still turned down, but eventually he softens and then he takes the lightstick off Chanyeol’s fingers, turning over to look at him.

“You’re right.” He replies, then clicks the “On” button until the lightstick is glowing. His face melts into a smile. “Let’s not let anything ruin our mood today. Promise?” He holds out Chanyeol’s lightstick. Chanyeol takes Baekhyun’s bag and pulls out Baekhyun’s lightstick, then presses it against his own lightstick.

“Promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In Beijing, China

“Okay, so how much won did we convert to yuan?” Baekhyun asks.

“Uh … around one million? Should be okay, I think.” Chanyeol grins as he stuffs the money in his wallet. “Good to go?”

“Yeah.” Baekhyun holds up his lightstick and smiles. “Leggo.”

Outside the airport, they look around, and Chanyeol waves his arm around like crazy. Soon after, a taxi pulls over.

“Can you … uh …” Chanyeol stutters in English when the driver pulls down the window, and he leans into the car. “Uh … Exo! Exo!”

The driver speaks in fast Chinese.

Uh … Concert …” Chanyeol continues, then gestures for Baekhyun to come over as he leans on the car and grins sheepishly. Baekhyun bounces over and Chanyeol stretches his hand out.

“Give me the lightstick!” He hisses frantically. Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he hands it over, and Chanyeol grabs it, then points to it, grinning and nodding at the driver, hoping the driver understands.

The driver speaks again, eyes furrowed as he waves his hand, and then pushes on the accelerator. Chanyeol nearly topples over and he stumbles, watching as the driver drives off.

“HEY, WHAT THE !” Baekhyun shouts after the driver as he reaches down and holds onto Chanyeol’s elbow.

“It’s okay, Baek.” Chanyeol says as he catches his balance and stands up straight until he’s taller than Baekhyun again. “I’m not hurt or anything.” Huffing, the smaller turns to him as he snatches the lightstick from Chanyeol’s hands.

“I was worried about the lightstick, you idiot.” Baekhyun mutters, and Chanyeol laughs as he pinches the older’s nose.

“Yeah, whatever.” Chanyeol deflates, stuffing his hands in his pockets. “Baek, I don’t know how we’re gonna get around with this language barrier.”

“Maybe we should get a room at a hotel first.” Baekhyun suggests. “That way, we won’t be homeless in the middle of the night, you know?”

“True.” Chanyeol sighs again.

“Oi,” Baekhyun nudges Chanyeol gently with his shoulder, and when Chanyeol turns to meet Baekhyun’s patient eyes, he finds all his worries melt away. “You said not to let anything ruin our mood today, remember?”

Chanyeol takes a deep breath, holds it in. Then grins. “Yeah.”

Thankfully the next driver is more patient with Chanyeol as he speaks in broken English until Chanyeol ends up showing him the address to the hotel they’re staying the night for. Baekhyun is also just as patient, not teasing him nor mocking him for his lack of understanding in English. However, when Chanyeol’s trying to communicate with the receptionist at the counter of their hotel, it becomes a problem as well, since the receptionist seems to have no idea what he’s saying.

Chanyeol is generally a patient person, but he can already feel frustration build up inside him pile by pile. Maybe this is because the concert is about to happen soon, god dammit! It’s going to happen in eight hours, god dammit!

Just as he’s about to blow and start punching himself internally for being so stupid, Baekhyun’s hand is grasping his forearm gently. Chanyeol takes a deep breath, watches as Baekhyun pushes him away still with gentleness and then prop his arms on the counter.

“A room for two for one night, please.” Baekhyun speaks in English, and though he’s not fluent, he is much more fluent than Chanyeol is. The receptionist seems to finally understand, because Chanyeol watches her look at Baekhyun then glance at Chanyeol then turn back towards Baekhyun, and in the end she hands out a key. Baekhyun turns back towards Chanyeol, smiling as he gestures for Chanyeol to follow. Exhausted, Chanyeol follows suit.

“I want to nap~” Chanyeol mutters, tone on the edge of whiny when Baekhyun opens the door and steps inside. Chanyeol runs and throws himself on the bed, hearing a small chuckle from a distance.

“Sleep.” His boyfriend’s smooth voice sounds gently. “I’m going to take a shower.”

“Mmf …” Chanyeol feels himself drifting away already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol wakes up half an hour later. Rubbing his eyes, he yawns and stretches, wondering how a half an hour nap can refresh him so well. Maybe it’s because he ACTUALLY HAS A CONCERT TO GO TO SOON!

Slipping off the bed, Chanyeol strains his ears to hear the rushing of water, but even so he knows Baekhyun doesn’t usually shower for this long, especially if it’s just a rinse to rinse off his sweat. The bathroom door is open and empty, and so is the room. When Chanyeol turns to the balcony, he finds the curtains covering his view of the outside world, but he knows the sliding door is open because the curtains are fluttering. The carpet is soft beneath his bare toes as he lifts the curtains and finds Baekhyun leaning against the railing of the balcony, shirtless.

Usually Chanyeol wouldn’t take note of this immediately, except this is the first time he’s seen Baekhyun shirtless after he left the hospital … In fact, it’s the first time he’s seen Baekhyun shirtless after Baekhyun left him.

This loss wasn’t something Chanyeol constantly thought about, but it’s only when he sees it does he realise how much he missed being intimate with Baekhyun physically.

Without even thinking, Chanyeol had ended up right behind Baekhyun, and he winds his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling the smaller closer into his embrace. When he breathes, he can smell the strawberries and honey on Baekhyun’s hair and skin.

“Ready to roll?” Comes Baekhyun’s soft voice, and Chanyeol chuckles as he runs his palm over Baekhyun’s stomach.

“Is it just me or did you get a pudge?” Chanyeol teases, running his fingers lightly over Baekhyun’s stomach, and Baekhyun huffs before he pushes Chanyeol away.

“Shut up, just because I lost some definition.” Baekhyun turns around, staring at his stomach. Baekhyun didn’t get a pudge, and rather, Chanyeol swears Baekhyun’s waist is more defined than before. His arms are also more muscly than the last time Chanyeol’s looked at him. But that’s not the thing that catches his eyes.

“In case you’re asking, I worked out during that time because I wanted to be prepared to fight for myself at any moment. Still, staying weeks at the hospital made me lose the lines.” Baekhyun sighs. “I kinda wanted to show you –” Baekhyun stops when Chanyeol’s fingers reach out to touch his chest.

Touch the bullet scar on his chest.

“It’s …” Chanyeol’s voice is breathless, and when Baekhyun looks up, he can see pain in his boyfriend’s eyes.

“Will it …” Chanyeol’s eyes turn to meet Baekhyun’s. “Will it always be there?”

“Yeah.” Baekhyun whispers, reaching up to grip the taller’s wrist, squeezing. “Don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“But Baek …” The pain in Chanyeol’s eyes is overwhelming Baekhyun, so he removes his boyfriend’s hand and lets it drop to their sides.

“It doesn’t hurt anymore.” Baekhyun repeats. “It’s my battle scar. Pretty cool, right?”

“…” Chanyeol stares at him in disbelief. “When have you ever said ‘Pretty cool, right’?”

“Since now.” Baekhyun smiles, but the uncertainty in Chanyeol’s eyes is still unsatisfactory to him. “Okay, then isn’t this proof? Of who I belong to?”

“…Uh, who?” Chanyeol replies dumbly.

“Of you.” Baekhyun says softly even though he’s cringing in embarrassment inside. Chanyeol’s eyes clear and then his pretty eyes widen and then he’s stuttering.

“W-What? Of course you b-belong to yourself, I-I-I …” Chanyeol continues stuttering, and Baekhyun laughs because finally Chanyeol has forgotten the pain, and then he smirks.

“You know you like it~” Baekhyun teases as he slips away and runs inside their room. Chanyeol has no choice but to follow suit, and he only realises he had been standing out there for minutes when he sees Baekhyun putting on a shirt as he sits on the edge of the bed. Chanyeol shuffles over until he’s sitting next to Baekhyun, and by the time he does, Baekhyun’s already done dressing.

“You sure it doesn’t hurt anymore?”

“Yeah. You’ll never stop asking that, will you?” Baekhyun ruffles his own hair. “It really doesn’t hurt anymore, I can probably start doing physical exercise in a few we –” His words are cut off by a yelp when Chanyeol pushes him against the bed, laughing loudly.

“What are you doing, you idiot?” Baekhyun asks, voice breathless and face flushed. Chanyeol grins as he presses his face against Baekhyun’s, nuzzles a little, then pulls away.

“What was that?” Baekhyun frowns as he sits up, watching Chanyeol put on his shoes, bag slung over his shoulder.

“Nothing!” Chanyeol grins as he grabs Baekhyun’s bag. “Hurry up, let’s go to the concert already!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baek! We were lied to!” Chanyeol exclaims, holding a lightstick on one hand and one banner on the other, a ‘I LOVE EXO!” banner strapped over his forehead. “They said we would get heaps of free stuff! There would be heaps of free fangoods here, they said.”

“Well … EXO doesn’t have a very good fanbase in Asia anyway.” Baekhyun mutters. “Just in Australia and New Zealand. So we really shouldn’t have expected much.”

“Still … There’s not a lot of people here.” Chanyeol points out, physically deflating. “It’s kinda … disappointing.”

“We’re going to make up for it.” Baekhyun replies encouragingly. “Come on, Yeol, don’t be such a baby, it’s not the end of the world.”

“I’m just so disappointed! Argh!” Chanyeol exclaims. “They’re the greatest artists, but only this many people appreciate them?” Baekhyun is silent.

“Okay, all right.” Chanyeol takes a deep breath. “Whatever. We still have four hours until the concert starts anyway! There’ll be more people. There’ll be more people.”

Is this pre-concert hype? Baekhyun thinks to himself with a raised eyebrow as he watches his boyfriend hunched over in quiet mutters. He’s losing it.

But sure enough, in a few hours more people arrive, not enough to make Chanyeol happy, but more than enough to make Chanyeol satisfied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5:00pm

“I’m so excited!” Chanyeol is literally jiggling beside him. Baekhyun laughs quietly, watching Chanyeol’s wide eyes widen with excitement, that stupid grin of his even wider than his eyes. Chanyeol’s reaction is a perfect representation of how Baekhyun feels inside, except Baekhyun, rather than excited, is more nervous. Still, watching Chanyeol look so energetic is enough to quench his own physical reaction, so he stands there next to the younger, watching with mild amusement.

After what seems like forever, it is finally their turn for the security guards to check their tickets. Baekhyun doesn’t know why the hell he hasn’t thought of taking them out yet, and he doesn’t even begin to question Chanyeol, who seems too excited to do anything properly.

He rummages through his bag, heart racing as Chanyeol moves up and down slightly next to him, bursting with restlessness. Right now, Baekhyun can’t remember where he put them … is he too nervous?

“Chanyeol, do you remember where our tickets are?” Baekhyun asks.

“No.” Chanyeol replies, his voice shaking. “You’d put them inside your travel journal though.” Even at this moment, Chanyeol remembers the little things about Baekhyun, and proudly does too, as he grins. Oh, right. Baekhyun suddenly remembers that indeed, he’d put them inside his travel journal, and then he opens his bag to look for that. Taking it out, he flips through the fresh pages, but there’s nothing.

“Your tickets, please?” The security guard asks in English.

“Come on, Baek.” Chanyeol whispers. Frustration created out of fear and impatience, Baekhyun flips through his journal once more and stuffs it back inside his bag, turning to Chanyeol.

“Where are they?” Baekhyun hisses.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol hisses back. “Weren’t you responsible for them?”

“What? I took responsibility of the airplane tickets!” His heart is beating faster and faster, and Chanyeol’s grin slips off.

“Haha Baek, stop trolling …” Chanyeol doesn’t sound so sure now.

“I’m sorry, if you have no tickets, you have to leave. Now.” The security guard says. Thankfully Baekhyun understood the gist of it.

“No wait! Let me look through my bag one more time.” Baekhyun says quickly and he rummages through his bag again. This time, though, he remembers exactly why he can’t find them – he left the tickets in his other travel journal that he left back in Korea.

Still, despite this, hope clings onto him and he searches, hoping to find something that he knows will never be there. And poor, hopeless Chanyeol is rummaging through his bag too, as if that will do anything. In the end, the people behind them begin complaining, where their desperate need to voice out their love for EXO is crushed when the security guard calls out five more guards to kick them out.

And now, outside the dome of the concert hall, Baekhyun and Chanyeol stand on the deserted streets.

Baekhyun can feel the thoughts raging inside Chanyeol’s head, the angry and frustrated, disappointed and desperate “Why didn’t you bring the tickets?” “You had one job, Baekhyun, and it was our chance to see them, but in the end we can’t”. There are many dark thoughts running through Chanyeol’s head, Baekhyun’s sure, as there are dark thoughts in everyone else’s, yet Chanyeol has always been one to never let it grow past “fleeting thoughts”.

Still, this guilt is eating up at him until even he is scolding himself.

“Chanyeol, I’m sorry.” Baekhyun mumbles. He hates saying sorry, tries not to if he can, but he knows this is something he can’t not say. Chanyeol doesn’t reply, remains silent as he stares hard at the floor. Lips pursed, Baekhyun stands where he is, the wind a person’s width apart blowing in between them. Or maybe Chanyeol will rage at him, and it’s totally understandable because this was THE MOMENT to see their favourite celebrities and here Baekhyun is, ruining it for both of them.

I’ll just give him some space. Baekhyun thinks to himself, knowing more than anything that he’d also want more space if he could distance himself from himself. He walks away even though he wants to show Chanyeol he’s sorry and cheer him up, only because Chanyeol probably needs it. He ends up sitting on the floor a good 100 metres away, hugging his knees close to himself. Inside the dome, he can hear fans cheering and screaming, and he leans his forehead to his knees, knowing he deserves to savour this punishment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol is of course angry.

Maybe not angry, but frustrated, disappointed, and desperate.

Even with Baekhyun’s dejected expression, Chanyeol can’t bring himself to comfort the other. After all, for the very first time he feels HE needs to be comforted instead.

Even when Baekhyun walked off, Chanyeol knows that this awkwardness between them will have to extend to tomorrow, at least, when they return to Korea, but even when he knows this, he refuses to go after the smaller.

Huffing, he crosses his legs and sits down on the floor, 100 metres away from the other. Right now they could be in the dome, watching EXO perform live, with so many other fans that love EXO as much as they do. EXO could be grinning at them, performing to them with the same lively energy they bear at every single performance and concert Chanyeol has watched with Baekhyun. EXO could be doing special acts, doing stupid things like wearing pyjamas on the stage, just like Chanyeol has watched with Baekhyun. EXO could be talking to them, talking about how happy they are to perform for them, just like the many ments Chanyeol has watched with Baekhyun. And through all these videos, Chanyeol had expressed his excitement and laughed and even fanboyed …

With Baekhyun.

And just like that, all the frustration slips off him and he stands up slowly. Why the hell is he angry at Baekhyun for this? Yes, angry, something he hasn’t felt towards Baekhyun ever since they started dating. What right does he have to be angry, the idiot who was responsible for airplane tickets but forgot to bring them?

If it weren’t for Baekhyun, Chanyeol wouldn’t even be here.

Realising how much of a jerk he was, Chanyeol immediately turns and runs to the little ball sitting by himself 100 metres away, curled up into himself. Prick jerk bastard face. Chanyeol scolds himself as he approaches Baekhyun quietly and hesitantly, at a loss on what to do.

“Let’s not let anything ruin our mood today. Promise?”

The reason why he’s so excited about this is because he wanted to share it with Baekhyun.

“Promise.”

And he ing promised.

Just as Chanyeol leans down to Baekhyun’s level, the smaller lifts his head up, his beautiful eyes meeting Chanyeol’s. Guilt is swimming in those orbs and a flash of surprise flies across them, those lips parting to say something –

To apologise again?

“I’m sorry, Baek.” Chanyeol blurts, voice raspy. Baekhyun blinks, and Chanyeol is reminded of how cute his boyfriend is. “I’m really sorry for being a jerk.”

Baekhyun seems to want to say something again, an apology rising up, but Chanyeol stops him.

“Let’s not let anything ruin our mood today, yeah?” He says softly. Baekhyun’s eyes widen once more with surprise, and then they melt with understanding. He nods, accepts Chanyeol’s hand and lets himself be pulled upwards.

“So? What are going to do now?” Baekhyun asks, attempting to sound cheerful. Maybe Baekhyun looks too guilty and rejected, because a crazy thought appears in Chanyeol’s mind, and then it reflects off his grin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Not this again …” Baekhyun hisses as he presses himself up against the wall. “Please, Yeol –”

“Shh!” Chanyeol presses a finger to his lips. Baekhyun rolls his eyes and sighs silently, watching as Chanyeol, almost glued to the wall, slips around a corner. This crazy beating of his heart won’t stop and syncs along with the music inside the dome, and Baekhyun remembers the words Let’s not let anything ruin our mood today. He takes a deep breath and then summons up a smile, then follows after his boyfriend.

Chanyeol stops him at one point, then gestures forward. Baekhyun tiptoes and strains his neck to look over Chanyeol’s shoulder, watching two security guards guarding one of the entrances inside. The taller then twists around and encases Baekhyun in his arm as he guides the smaller away.

“Okay, so here’s the plan.” Chanyeol whispers quietly, and Baekhyun almost laughs at how serious the taller looks for doing something so silly. “I’ll distract them, you run for your life!”

“What? That’s against the law.” Baekhyun laughs, but he knows this is from nerves even though he’ll never admit to anyone. “You think we need to do that? We could –”

“Use money?” Chanyeol raises his eyebrow. “Do you think we’re going to get the privilege, given that they don’t even negotiate?”

“…”

“This time, being rich won’t help us.” Chanyeol replies, grinning as he grabs Baekhyun’s hand and leads him to the wall again. Even now, Baekhyun can immediately feel safe and comforted with his hand encased in Chanyeol’s.

“Get back on the wall.” Chanyeol urges quickly, and Baekhyun, surprised by the sudden change in behaviour, immediately moves himself against the wall, breath hitched as he stares with alert, wide eyes, at Chanyeol, as if waiting for action. Instead, the taller quickly leans down and plants a sloppy kiss on his forehead, grins, and runs off, leaving Baekhyun stunned.

When the smaller recovers, fingers reach out at the corner and he peeks his head out, watching Chanyeol begin talking to the security guards. At first, Baekhyun watches with restlessness and worry, because Chanyeol is stuttering and his entire body language screams panic, but then Baekhyun realises later that this is all just an act and Chanyeol is acting pretty well.

He wants to go in real bad.

Not long later, Chanyeol runs off in the other direction, and the security guards follow close behind. Baekhyun’s heart is racing so hard that he’s sure the guards will be able to hear it, even with all this music.

Now? Later?

Baekhyun thinks to himself hesitantly. Now.

Then he tiptoes and dashes inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here!” Chanyeol exclaims, pointing to the ground. “Here! … G-Gun … in … arm … here!” Chanyeol is running out of things to say and he can tell it’s not convincing the guards anymore. Still, he decides to stall a little longer and then rush in, close the big doors on them, lock it, then rush inside to join Baekhyun.

Still, the security guards are glaring at him, arms crossed and eyebrow raised above their sunglasses. Chanyeol gulps.

Oi!” Someone calls from a distance, and Chanyeol sighs in relief, knowing this will be the best way to slip from their fingers, but when he sees who’s before him, his smile drops. Two security guards are pushing Baekhyun out, and Baekhyun is frowning in embarrassment.

“Saw this one trying to sneak in.” One of the security guards declare in Chinese, and Chanyeol immediately rushes to Baekhyun.

“Oh, so you’re trying to trick us, eh?” One of his security guards speaks. “Well, count yourself lucky we ain’t beating you up.”

“If we see you stepping foot inside this building, you’re better off dead.” Then the four of them, chuckling, stride back together into the dome.

“WHY DON’T YOU COME HERE, HUH?” Chanyeol shouts. “BAEKHYUN HERE CAN BEAT YOU UP ANY DAY.”

“Chanyeol, I can’t do that.” Baekhyun hisses, cheeks pink. “Let’s not fight with them. Let’s go home.”

With that, Chanyeol’s energy is kicked out of him until only shock and dejection is left. And although Baekhyun doesn’t sound like it and probably doesn’t mean it, to Chanyeol it seems as if Baekhyun’s tired and frustrated and feeling hopeless.

And to Chanyeol, that’s the worst thing someone should feel when they’re far away from home.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol whispers, as if gently prodding to ask if Baekhyun’s okay. Baekhyun closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and stays like that. Then he opens his eyes, letting Chanyeol hold his gaze, and in his gaze, telling Chanyeol that he’s fine.

“I’m not satisfied, Yeol.” Baekhyun expresses quietly. “I’m not satisfied I didn’t see them …”

“Then should we do something? To show that we’re fans and we’re not worse than any other fan?” Chanyeol asks, watching some motivation appear back in the smaller’s eyes.

“Let’s … buy glow sticks.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“When I said glow sticks, Chanyeol, I didn’t mean THIS MUCH.” Baekhyun remarks as he holds a huge box of glow sticks, Chanyeol holding another box.

“Aw come on, if we don’t use all of these, how is EXO and the rest of the world going to see our support?”

“Whatever you say, Yeol …” Baekhyun sighs as he places the box on the ground, hands on his knees to stretch out his back. Chanyeol does the same, then walks over to Baekhyun and rubs at his back.

“Aw, old man too old to move things without needing to crack his spine?” Chanyeol chuckles, then chokes when he feels an elbow to his stomach. Baekhyun straightens his back elegantly like a model, turning back to throw Chanyeol a look. Chanyeol hates how Baekhyun’s older but still so much ier.

“All right, are we going to crack this?” Baekhyun asks, flopping down on the floor cross-legged as he pulls the box to him. Chanyeol plops down next to him, scooting closer before digging his hands in the box.

“Use your own box!” Baekhyun hisses, pushing Chanyeol away gently. The taller rolls his eyes as he grabs another handful.

“Immature.” He mutters, cracking the sticks with force. Baekhyun sticks his tongue out, then shoves him with his shoulder. Chanyeol, taken aback, nearly falls over.

“What was that for?” He complains, pushing himself up again, this time cracking the sticks three at a time and with even more force. Baekhyun chuckles, holding up a glow stick and tapping him on the nose.

“Tut tut tut.” The smaller grins. Chanyeol grunts, then snaps it extra hard. He cracks it too hard because the sticks break and liquid begins pouring out.

“Oh! Oops!” Chanyeol exclaims as the liquid spills onto his fingers and to the grass, but he sits there, shocked, because he doesn’t know what to do. Part of him knows the chemicals aren’t healthy but at the same time he’s wondering if it’s healthy for the grass beneath him? Definitely not, right?

“Don’t move.” Baekhyun’s calm voice sounds, and soon after he feels something soft touch his hands, watching silently as his boyfriend moves the tissue along his skin to wipe the chemicals off.

“S-Sorry …” Chanyeol mumbles out of instinct.

“What are you apologising for?” Baekhyun’s voice is light and slightly amused, and even when he’s finished wiping the glowing substance off Chanyeol’s skin, he’s holding Chanyeol’s arm with such gentleness as he grabs his water bottle and holds it out for Chanyeol. Automatically, Chanyeol unscrews the cap with his free hand, and once the cap goes off, Baekhyun pours it over the taller’s skin.

“You’re so violent.” His boyfriend mutters, and even though they’ve been dating for … a few weeks (okay so what IF they just got together? Their connection lasts much longer than the last time they decided to date each other again), Chanyeol’s heart still flutters whenever he sees gentle and considerate Baekhyun surface. Even though Chanyeol can take care of himself, he lets the smaller take out a tissue again and then move it over his skin, softly, patiently.

“Don’t scratch it if it gets itchy, okay?” Baekhyun warns, placing the dirty tissues in a plastic bag and then attempting to wipe the grass. Chanyeol grins.

“Sure thing!”

“And don’t snap them unless I’m here.” Baekhyun continues before lifting himself up and walking towards a distance to throw the rubbish. Chanyeol chuckles as he picks one up and snaps it anyway. By the time Baekhyun returns, he had snapped at least three, but places them amongst the glowing pile, whistling casually as he holds his ankle with his hands, cross-legged, rocking back and forth. Baekhyun sends him a suspicious look, and when Chanyeol breaks into a grin, the smaller shakes his head and takes a seat next to him.

“What were we going to do with these sticks again?” Chanyeol asks as he waves the glowstick in small circles. The night is quiet, save for the distant music from the dome a few hundred metres away. Chanyeol inwardly sighs. “Maybe we should just write #sad.”

“Good idea.” Baekhyun mumbles. “If we have spares, we can always write ‘So close, but so far way.’”

“And if we have even more spares, we’ll make EXO symbol shapes!” Chanyeol adds excitedly. Baekhyun hums in agreement, smile widening until his eyes are crescents.

When they’ve nearly finished cracking all of them, and have a pile of glowing sticks around them, Chanyeol finally s down the sticks in his hands.

“Argh!” He groans, falling into the pile of glowsticks, cursing when it’s not as comfortable as he had imagined it to be. “I’m so annoyed! Why can the other fans watch EXO perform while we have to sit here, cracking freaking glowsticks?”

“I don’t know, I think this is quite nice too. Don’t you think?” Baekhyun remarks light-heartedly. Shocked, Chanyeol sits up quickly to stare at his boyfriend in absolute disbelief.

“How?!” Chanyeol feels betrayed. He thought they had a mutual understanding of how important EXO is to them.

“Because.” Baekhyun lets out his breath slowly. “We get to watch the dark sky.”

“There are no stars, Baek, it’s Beijing.” Chanyeol exclaims, but then stops himself. Wait …

A small grin slowly to pull up his features, Chanyeol leans closer. “But we’re cold and lonely and we’re in an unfamiliar place and we know nothing and we’re cracking glowsticks as we watch the starless and polluted sky.”

“Exactly.” Baekhyun replies, now almost dismissively as he continues to crack his sticks. Chanyeol is near laughter, but he scoots closer.

“So, what’s so appealing about the sky where you can’t see any stars?” Chanyeol asks, grinning madly. Baekhyun s uncracked glowsticks at Chanyeol’s lap harshly, but his face is smiling.

“You just want me to say it, don’t you?” Baekhyun mumbles. The taller laughs loudly as he turns to stare up at the sky, now all expectations gone.

“Yeah, obviously, but I know you won’t, so –” Right then, a weight lands onto his shoulder, and when Chanyeol turns to see what it is, he finds Baekhyun leaning his head against him. Immediately, Chanyeol’s heartbeat quickens until he’s speechless.

“It’s not scary wherever we go, as long as you’re there.” Baekhyun whispers softly, closing his eyes as if to feel, enjoy, and savour, this moment. But Chanyeol knows he’s only trying to hide his embarrassment. Low-key cheesy bastard. Chanyeol thinks to himself, deciding it’s enough teasing as he reaches and grabs his boyfriend’s hand.

“And it’s fine, whatever we do, as long as you’re doing it with me.” Chanyeol finishes, but his grin turns into a frown when the smaller scoffs.

Someone was complaining before …”

“Hey! I’m still complaining.” Chanyeol argues. “It’d be better if we’re both there. That would be perfect, won’t it?”

“… True.” Baekhyun agrees, and just when Chanyeol thinks this topic will be dropped, Baekhyun pushes himself away. “… Now this place is not as nice as I thought it was.”

“Sorry to break your bubble.” Chanyeol chuckles, then winds his arm around the smaller’s shoulders and pulling him back in once again. “But I guess we can’t do this in the concert, can we?” He sniggers.

“Pfft, I’d choose the concert over your arm any day.” Baekhyun confesses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“All right, done! Perfect!” Chanyeol stands there, watching proudly at the glowsticks “#SAD” “CLOSE BUT FAR” and little mini EXO symbols throughout. Baekhyun, from next to him, finally sighs.

“It’s only our expression of frustration, Yeol, do you really have to be a perfectionist in everything?”

“I won’t ever get satisfied, Baek, you know that~” Chanyeol whines. “But anyway! It’s worthy for a pic, don’t you think? Come on, Baek, pic!!!” The smaller rolls his eyes, then takes out his phone. Excited, Chanyeol poses, “V” signs everywhere as he bends his legs so he can fit in the photo. Honestly, Chanyeol would try and get Baekhyun in the photo too but Baekhyun doesn’t like photos as much.

…Still.

“Baek, photo?” Chanyeol asks. Baekhyun puffs out his cheeks, crosses his arms, and stares up at the sky. “Baek?” Baekhyun winds his arms around his back and kicks at the grass.

“…Fine.” Chanyeol mumbles, turning around to stare at the beauty before him. It really is beautiful, it would be absolutely perfect if Baekhyun is part of it though.

“How long are you going to put it out here?” Baekhyun’s soft voice sounds next to him, and Chanyeol likes the way Baekhyun’s body is slightly pressed up against his.

“I don’t know, for as long as I can.” Chanyeol sighs. “I don’t know, Baek, shouldn’t we enjoy and savour this moment?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun replies. “Once time passes, it’ll never come back.”

“Exactly my point!” Chanyeol exclaims. “Don’t you think we should try and capture this moment, as much as we can? To the best of our ability?” Grinning, Chanyeol holds up his phone. Baekhyun frowns as the taller wraps his arm around him and pulls him close, holding the phone up above them so the phone is capturing both their faces and the rest of the glowsticks.

“Immature.” Baekhyun mutters, but smiles up at the camera anyway when Chanyeol says “Cheese~”.

“… ‘Sad’ … ‘Close but far’ …” Someone mumbles from a distance away. Chanyeol lowers his phone, turning to the curious stranger who’s standing there with arms crossed. Frowning, Chanyeol straightens his back as he tries to scrutinise the man, but finding that he can’t, because the other is wearing a cap and mask over the lower half of his face.

“And what are those little things around them?” Detecting nothing sinister nor mocking in his tone, Chanyeol’s face softens.

“Uh … they’re EXO symbols. You’ve heard of EXO, haven’t you?” The man chuckles. It sounds strangely similar.

“I don’t know, have I?”

“They’re the greatest band!” Chanyeol exclaims, then turns to Baekhyun, who’s staring silently at the stranger. “Right, Baek? Baek?” Chanyeol nudges his boyfriend, but Baekhyun’s eyes are wide and his lips are slowly parting.

“Yeol …” He breathes. And through Baekhyun’s eyes, he sees it. Immediately, he whips his head towards the stranger, eyes just as wide.

“ …” He whispers.

“Really?” The stranger chuckles again, and when he tips his head up to meet them, Chanyeol sees friendly eyes smiling back at them.

“, IT’S EXO!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol shout as they stare at each other, then stare back at the stranger in wonder. “IT’S OH.”

“Oi, Ee, Ex, come over here! You gotta see this!” The stranger calls out in English.

“Baek, what did he say?” Chanyeol hisses.

“How the hell am I supposed to know?” Baekhyun whispers back, but the both of them recognise the other two members’ stage names, and they stand straight as they wait in anticipation.

“What is it?” The other two members walk over. ! THE OTHER TWO MEMBERS! Chanyeol is jittering with excitement as he watches the other two of his idols walk over, hands in the pockets of their hoodies and a mask obscuring the lower half of their faces. He watches as they turn over to look at the glowsticks, their eyes widening as they mutter something to Oh. When Chanyeol turns to watch Baekhyun, Baekhyun’s eyes are also wide and excited.

“Whoa.” They take off their masks, and FINAL-FREAKING-LY they can see their freaking faces!

“Anyway, they’re pretty impressed.” Oh says, and that’s when Chanyeol realises something.

“Y-Y-You speak Korean?” He splutters.

“Of course. I’m Korean, what do you expect?” Oh smiles.

“I-I-I …” He glances at Baekhyun. “W-We didn’t e-expect you t-to …”

“All Koreans tend to maintain their language even when we move overseas.” Oh replies gently. “I guess it’s because there are not many of us, and when we all moved, everything except our culture was foreign to us. That’s how we clung onto our roots, I guess.” Oh looks back at the other two, gesturing for them to come over. “Anyway, I’ve taught them some Korean too.”

“Hello!” They greet enthusiastically, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol bow immediately.

“We are … we are fans!” Chanyeol exclaims, gesturing to him and Baekhyun. They nod, the creases on their eyes revealing their smiles, and Oh mutters something to the other two, then turns towards them with a grin.

“Can we take a photo together? With this?” Oh asks. Chanyeol nods stiffly as he grabs Baekhyun and moves out of the way. Ex and Ee stare at each other, then at the two of them.

“We meant with you too!” Oh points out, gesturing them over. “Come on!”

“O-oh.” Chanyeol sneaks a glance at Baekhyun, then hurries over with the smaller. I can’t believe we’re here, taking photos with EXO. THE EXO! Chanyeol thinks to himself as he sneaks a glance at Baekhyun, who turns to catch his eye at the same time. They smile, hearts racing fast against their chests. Maybe this encounter is made to be even more special because they’re experiencing it together.

“I’ll post it on Instagram. I’ll tag you.” Oh says, scooting closer to show them his phone. Chanyeol nudges Baekhyun.

“Tell him.” He hisses.

“What about yours?” Baekhyun asks, blinking when Chanyeol moves and places Baekhyun next to Oh.

“Shut up. I only have one follower.” Chanyeol whispers, face burning under the darkness. Baekhyun chuckles, then tells Oh his own user.

“I’m guessing that one follower is your friend here?” Oh laughs and enters Chanyeol’s user when Baekhyun whispers it to him. Chanyeol stutters, trying to get the phone off Oh (he doesn’t even know where the courage stems from), but Oh is shouting “Hold him back!” in both Korean and English and Baekhyun is grabbing the sleeve of his hoodie and his freaking IDOLS ARE BLOCKING HIM AWAY AND SUDDENLY HE FEELS SO INTIMATE WITH ALL OF THEM, LIKE THEY’VE BEEN YEARS-OLD FRIENDS.

“Done.” Oh announces, and Chanyeol groans as everyone else cheers. “Your insta is ok though. I’ll be your second follower.” Chanyeol perks up immediately, and Baekhyun is grinning.

“Huh? Baekhyun, how do you have so many followers?” Oh exclaims, and out of curiosity, Ee and Ex crowd around him, eyes widening as they utter a “Woah.”

“He’s got a lot of charm.” Ee says.

“But there are hardly any photos of him.” Ex points out. “Is it because of his photography skills?”

“What photography skills?”

“They’re probably laughing at your photography skills.” Chanyeol sniggers, and Baekhyun rolls his eyes, but then the phone begins playing music. It only takes Chanyeol a second to realise that it’s Baekhyun’s cover.

“Oh, .” Baekhyun whispers, watching as their idols listen intently.

“Hey, he’s pretty good!”

“Please give it back.” Baekhyun says politely as he reaches his hand out. Chanyeol almost laughs aloud at his action, but instead he crowds around Oh with Ee and Ex and laughs with them.

“Aw, who took this? He looks like the typical flower boy.” Ee points out.

“He makes me want to take care of him like a little brother.”

“What an interesting Instagram. I’m following.” Oh says, and Baekhyun puts down his cool as he yelps and rushes after them, attempting to steal the phone away.

And just like that, Chanyeol and Baekhyun have, in moments, shared a very intimate moment with the people they have looked up to for years. Even when eventually EXO have to leave and bid them goodbye, without leaving any strings attached, they leave behind a precious memory that can never be properly described.

“Should we go back now?” Chanyeol asks, strangely still energetic after their peculiar encounter with EXO. Baekhyun is the opposite though, and he seems to be strangely exhausted after the long day.

“Mm.” Baekhyun replies, twisting his body on the other side, the grass softly tickling his clothes. “Stay for a while.”

“We’ve been there for hours, Baek.” Chanyeol laughs as he sits up, hand reaching out to nudge at Baekhyun’s waist. “Let’s go back. You’ll be able to sleep better there.”

“I’m savouring this moment.” Baekhyun’s tired reply comes back. Chanyeol purses his lips, recognising his boyfriend’s I’m-tired-don’t-talk-to-me voice. He taps Baekhyun’s waist and then moves to get up, because he still needs to pack up all the glowsticks they cracked and put out. Stretching, he watches Baekhyun, who seems to have fallen asleep so quickly and so soundly. Then he begins packing up the glow-sticks into the boxes where they came from.

When he’s done, he nudges Baekhyun again, but the older doesn’t move nor respond. Shrugging, Chanyeol opens the box and takes out a few glowsticks, then begins making circles out of them. I’ll just make as many until Baekhyun wants to leave.

But even when it’s 2 o’clock in the morning, Baekhyun doesn’t move, as if he’s really set on sleeping there for the rest of the night. Sighing, Chanyeol crouches down and picks up the smaller’s arm, with soft coos “Wake up, Baek” “Let’s go back”. But Baekhyun is still a deadweight, and he’s groaning as Chanyeol tries to pull him up.

“Hang on to my neck, all right?” Chanyeol grunts. Baekhyun lets out a noise, then swings his arm over and clasps it around his other forearm, nuzzling his head against Chanyeol’s neck.

“So clingy.” Chanyeol mutters to himself, securing his arms on Baekhyun’s legs as he lifts. Double checking on the area, and finding no trace of them on there, he leaves and heads towards the main roads.

On the way along towards the main roads, Baekhyun is still his restless sleeping self, his face nuzzling all over the back of Chanyeol’s neck.

“Mm? You cold?” Chanyeol asks. Baekhyun nuzzles in a way that tells Chanyeol that he’s shaking his head, so Chanyeol only pauses and hoists Baekhyun up further, then begins walking again.

“Hang on, Baek.” Chanyeol whispers when they arrive at the main roads, and Chanyeol lifts up his arm to call the cabs over. A cab drives over then whooshes past him, and that’s what happens to them for the next quarter of an hour. Baekhyun mutters something.

“Huh?” Chanyeol asks as he raises Baekhyun up again.

“Uncomfortable …” Baekhyun mutters. “Too … bony …”

“All right, all right.” Chanyeol laughs, then lifts his arm again as another cab comes over and then drives past them. “I’ll get you somewhere comfortable soon.”

After what seems like forever, a cab finally stops by their side. Chanyeol gently sets down Baekhyun, gets comfortable, and tells the driver where to go. Thankfully the driver understands immediately even with his accent, and when the driver begins driving, Chanyeol looks over at Baekhyun, who’s curled up on top of 2 seats, his shoes touching Chanyeol’s thighs.

“…Cold.” Baekhyun mumbles, shifting again. Chanyeol chuckles as he takes off his hoodie, then places on top of Baekhyun, reaching out to his hair.

“Brother?”  The driver asks in English.

“Yes.” Chanyeol replies, grinning as he grabs Baekhyun’s ankles and stretches out his legs so the smaller’s legs are stripped across his thighs, and that way, it’s more comfortable for the other. Baekhyun shifts again, accidentally kneeing Chanyeol’s stomach. The taller grunts.

I hope we’ll get there soon. Chanyeol thinks to himself in pain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nearly there.” Chanyeol announces cheerfully, walking slowly in the hallways of their hotel at nearly 3am in the morning. Baekhyun is unresponsive, as if he’s sleeping soundly and comfortably. Even though his body is fatigued, Chanyeol’s mind is energetic yet calm. Right now, the silence surrounding him allows him the space and time to think and be alone, yet with Baekhyun’s presence, it’s enough to make him not feel lonely.

When they arrive at the door, Chanyeol tries to reach into his bag, take out his card, and push it in, but every time he tries, Baekhyun would slip off.

“Sorry, you have to get off your high horse now.” Chanyeol says as he places Baekhyun on the ground. Surprisingly, the smaller stands on his whole two feet, hand reaching up to rub at his eye.

“Sorry, Baek, I’ll carry you in once the door’s open, okay?” Chanyeol whispers, pushing the door open as he grabs at their bags from the ground, but when he straightens his back and is ready to turn around and grab Baekhyun again, the smaller has fallen on him, arms winding around Chanyeol’s neck, the momentum pushing them inside.

“You clingy .” Chanyeol laughs, dropping the bags as he stumbles and takes off his shoes. Baekhyun makes a noise as he pushes forward again. Chanyeol yelps, losing balance as he falls to the floor, Baekhyun falling on top of him.

“, get off!” Chanyeol shouts between choked laughs, turning around in an attempt to push the smaller off, but the smaller’s smiling even with his tired half-lidded eyes. Baekhyun grabs his cheeks in his hands and plants a kiss on Chanyeol’s lips, then drops on top of him.

“Can you get off me and then sleep?” Chanyeol complains, but Baekhyun is unresponsive once more, as if he couldn’t be ed.

Sighing, Chanyeol pushes himself up, grabbing Baekhyun and lifting him up once more. Baekhyun is asleep already, and Chanyeol sets him down gently on the bed.

He must not have a good sleep for the past few days. Weeks, even. Chanyeol thinks to himself as he watches Baekhyun’s closed eyelids. He must’ve been too nervous to meet EXO.

He’s going to stink the next day. Chanyeol notes as he fills up a tub of warm water and then places it on the desk, moving to take Baekhyun’s clothes off. Soak, squeeze, wipe. Soak, squeeze, wipe.

“ … it’s cold …” Baekhyun complains.

“Shut up, you.” Chanyeol mutters, throwing the cloth in the water as he straightens his back and then starts dressing Baekhyun up in fresh clothes. Then he pulls the blanket over Baekhyun and tucks him in.

“I’m tired …” Chanyeol says aloud as he drags himself towards the bathroom to also have a short shower, then brush his teeth. When he walks out, he’s half asleep already, almost not noticing that Baekhyun is sitting up, looking down at his bare feet.

“Awake?” Chanyeol murmurs as he climbs onto the Baekhyun’s bed.

“Your stupid cleanliness woke me up.” Baekhyun says, his tone strangely distracted as Chanyeol slides into the blankets and prepares to sleep.

“Mm.” Chanyeol replies, closing his eyes and almost falling asleep.

“You woke me up and now you’re ignoring me?” A weight falls upon his upper arm, and when Chanyeol opens his eyes, Baekhyun is looking down at him, eyes wide.

“Get off, I wanna sleep.” Chanyeol grunts, shifting in an attempt to throw his boyfriend off. But then a strangely obedient Baekhyun listens, and the weight is off him. Surprised, Chanyeol sits up, turning to watch Baekhyun whose back is turned to him.

“Baek? Are you all right?” Chanyeol asks, more awake now than before.

“I …” Baekhyun trails off. Chanyeol waits patiently, watching as eventually Baekhyun turns around and sits cross-legged to face Chanyeol again.

“Chanyeol…” Baekhyun whispers. Chanyeol blinks.

“Is this some sort of joke? Or? Please, you know I can’t handle suspense …” Chanyeol laughs nervously. “Baek, you ruined me! Now I can’t slee –”

“Yeol!” Baekhyun shouts. Chanyeol stops immediately, blinking. Baekhyun rarely shouts.

“You’re always looking out for me.” Baekhyun says softly, and when Chanyeol looks into his eyes, trying to figure out just what he wants to say, he finds that he doesn’t know. Or maybe he does, but he still can’t quite figure out exactly what yet.

“Oh.” Chanyeol responds. “Uh…”

“And I really love you.” Baekhyun whispers.

Chanyeol freezes in his place, heart suddenly racing.

“You know that, right?”

This is the first time Baekhyun has ever said it to him, and with so much shyness. And part of him is really tempted to say “Yes, yes”, but he knows it had taken a lot of courage for Baekhyun to say, even though he had shown it in so many different ways.

“I know. Thank you.” Chanyeol says, reaching out and wrapping his hands around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling him closer until he can smell the strawberries and honey in his boyfriend’s hair. “I love you too.”

Baekhyun immediately slides his arms around Chanyeol’s neck, hugging him tightly. Chanyeol realises later that it’s because he’s shaking.

Laughing, Chanyeol reaches up and the smaller’s hair, hugging him all the more closer. Honestly, Chanyeol never needed Baekhyun to say it, mostly because he knows. He knows it as well as he knows he loves Baekhyun.

And maybe Baekhyun doesn’t know just how secure he feels about their feelings, but still, knowing Baekhyun wants to give him that security is comforting.

“Let’s go sleep now.” Chanyeol says as he pulls the covers over the both of them and cuddles closer to his boyfriend, whom he feels a great lot of affection towards at this moment.

Baekhyun unwinds his arms but scoots closer to him, shutting his eyes tightly. Chuckling softly, Chanyeol tucks the blankets around the both of them and the closes his eyes.

Five minutes later:

“Can’t sleep.” Chanyeol deadpans. But silence replies him.

“…Baek?” He can’t be asleep already, can he? . How can he make such a confession and then fall asleep afterwards, like it was nothing?

And his heart is still racing, so freaking fast.

“.” Chanyeol whispers. “Why is my heart racing so fast but this idiot fell asleep on it?”

“I didn’t.” Comes Baekhyun’s muffled reply. Reddening, Chanyeol pushes the smaller away, who’s laughing.

“You scared me! !” Chanyeol exclaims, sitting up immediately. Baekhyun is still laughing as he stretches out and attempts to pull his boyfriend down again.

“You’re something else entirely today, aren’t you?” Chanyeol remarks. “So energetic especially after making me waste all my energy on you.”

“I can’t sleep.” Baekhyun replies. “I really can’t. Not anymore.”

“Yes, Baek.” Chanyeol says patiently. “And because of you, I can’t sleep either!”

“Then stay up with me.” The smaller grins.

“You’re not asking for … for that, are you?” Chanyeol asks in mock horror. “Didn’t know you had such desires in your mind …”

“Shut up.” Baekhyun pushes him away lightly. “I can’t even exercise yet.”

“ert …” Chanyeol sniggers teasingly, but his snigger dies on his lips when a cold hand slides under his shirt and presses against his stomach. Yelping, Chanyeol kicks himself away, heat rising to his cheeks as he expects Baekhyun to stare at him in that mock suggestive way, but instead his boyfriend’s lips are open in a small “O” shape.

“Did your stomach … get toner?” Baekhyun whispers, cute eyes blinking in shock.

“Hahah …” It’s not ready yet. Chanyeol purses his lips, ears reddening.

“Tell me!” Baekhyun jumps on him. Chanyeol yelps and struggles but Baekhyun has the upper hand as he ends up straddling the taller. His eyes are still wide, but this time also with excitement as his hand slowly splays out on Chanyeol’s stomach again.

“ert!” Chanyeol shouts, more out of embarrassment than violation, but watching Baekhyun’s excited and anticipating expression makes it half worth it.

“When did you even …? But you hate exercise!” Baekhyun exclaims, moving off Chanyeol’s body but kneeling on the bed instead. Chanyeol sits up, face burning.

“I wanted to … give you a surprise.” Chanyeol mumbles. “But anyway, let’s not talk about that.” This embarrassment fuels him to pull Baekhyun’s arm, dragging him down on the bed again.

“Sorry.” Baekhyun replies smugly, not sorry at all.

“ert.” Chanyeol mutters, this time leaving the bed to switch off the lights. In the darkness, Baekhyun hears Chanyeol yelp and then curse, watching Chanyeol’s shadow hobbling towards the bed. He chuckles to himself as Chanyeol climbs on and pulls him closer, hugging him tight, big eyes closing, as if he’s tired already, and soon enough, the loosening of Chanyeol’s arms indicate that he’s fast asleep.

Just as Baekhyun is about to fall asleep too, though, Chanyeol speaks again.

“Hey Baek.”

“Hm?”

“I … forgot.” Chanyeol speaks into the night air sheepishly. “You haven’t brushed your teeth.”

Baekhyun groans.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


ask.fm