Chapter 2

Mannequin

On the next day I woke up as early as I could. I still felt the jet lag but a really strong coffee helped me to stay awake.

However, I still felt sleepy as hell. When I arrived to TS, I felt I could collapse and spend the whole day sleeping.

The receptionist told me to go up to the third floor 3 and to meet with the lead stylist. She didn't told me where she'll wait for me or anything, so I knew that I'll have to find the stylist by myself.

It turned out to be pretty easy; the woman from yesterday's interview waited for me in front of the lift on the 3rd floor, and greeted me with a warm smile.

"I'm sorry, yesterday I couldn't introduce myself properly. I'm Kim JiSoo and I'm the lead stylist here. As you probably noticed, I'm pregnant, and I'll leave the company next week. I've already named the next lead stylist, you'll get to know her later. Please follow me. Are you tired or something? I can see it in your eyes. Do you drink coffee? Here's a vending machine, you can use it whenever you want."

I was surprised how talkative she was. Kim JiSoo was the friendliest person I've met so far.

I bought a black coffee, without sugar and milk. JiSoo looked at me surprised. "Black coffee at this young age?" She asked and I explained that this is just because of the jet lag. She smiled and nodded.

JiSoo led me around in the building. I saw B.A.P in one of the practice rooms, and when JiSoo saw me walking slower and staring at them, she couldn't help but laughed.

"You're a fan of them right? You know, if you start working with them, you cannot fangirl around. Understood?"

"Yes, I know. It's just the first time I see them this close. But please, go on."

The sightseeing tour took all morning. We went down to the cantina to have lunch - actually, cantina is not a good word for it. It was just like a self-service restaurant, except that everything was free here. And it was really tasty.

In the afternoon we went to the stylists' office. There were 5 other women sitting there. JiSoo introduced me, and I also introduced myself. I tried to smile, but all of them had a hostile look on their faces.

JiSoo lead me to my new desk. It was middle-sized, with a computer, lots of stationeries and papers.

"Here's your first job: we're planning to debut a girl group soon. You'll help in filming the MV for their debut song, but I think that's all. After that, B.A.P will have a comeback and then they'll go to a Live on Earth tour. You'll help them. For the girl group, they already have the concept. The MV filming starts next week's Monday. By the end of this week, you have to be ready with 1 outfit for every girl at least. You have to remember that there are at least 3 stylists working on the same project always. For now, please meet the girls' PR team to discuss the concept, and then you can meet the girls if you want to discuss the outfits with them. However, this is not a must. They have to wear what you bring for them. You have to lay out the outfits until tomorrow noon. If you're ready, I'll lead you to our partner, who will make the clothes during the weekend. On Monday morning, you'll have to bring the clothes to the MV filming. This is all for now. You're meeting with the PR team in the same room where you've had the interview yesterday. Please work hard."

I tried to write down everything JiSoo said on a paper. When I was done, I stood up, bowed, and headed to the second floor to meet the PR team.

~~

The meeting with the PR team was overwhelming. I never thought this amount of information could be passed in an hour. By the end of the meeting, I had written like ten full pages in my notebook, and my brain felt like a sock. They told me everything about the concept, the MV filming and the debut process, and I didn't bear to say that I'll only help at the MV. After all, I was curious.

However, not this much. After the meeting I went to one of the chairs on in the corridor, sat and tried to process all the information I've just heard.

I've been sitting there for a good ten minutes. When I finished processing I decided to meet the girl group - which is a four member group as I got to know. All of them were younger than me, which I found both scary and relieving of some sort, because it meant that I'll get some respect from them.

Well.

Let's say I didn't. Three out of the four girls were total douchebags with me. Only the maknae showed respect, and I found her charming. Meanwhile the other three… I tried to talk to them to gain some ideas for the outfits. They were not willing to answer properly, and they took impoliteness to a whole new level. I still tried to have a conversation with them, because I'm not the type who gives up soon. While I was speaking with each of them, the other three had practice so I could hear their songs - one of them was really good but the others were just meh. It was already 8 PM while I sat down and talked to the maknae.

"Hello, my name is Park Kye Rin. Nice to meet you, please take care of me. Sorry about my unnies, they are not always like this, I really don't know what's going on with them today." She bowed and sat down near the desk where I was sitting at. We chatted for a good hour, but I didn't mind. This was my purpose - if I know the person, it will help to design their outfit.

Kye Rin was 3 years younger than me. She came to auditiom without telling her parents about it. They found out about it when Kye Rin went home with her acceptance letter from TS. Her parents were crazy mad, but they finally let her go and when they heard all the compliment she got and that she's going to debut, they became really proud of her, and now they are alright.

When we ended our chat, both of us went to their practice room to hear their songs and to see them dance. I saw from first sight that Kye Rin was a dancer - all her moves were stunning.

The group ended their dance and I went to the stylists' office. Everyone was still there. I sat at my desk and started drawing furiously. Later, when I was ready with 3-4 outfits, I realised I had to listen to some music, but if I started to listen to anything, I'd have lost the beat of the girls. This was the point when I decided to meet the producer to ask for the song.

First, he didn't want to let me have the song, but later he gave me a copy, but I had to promise many times that I won't publish it anywhere.

I returned to the office with 5 new songs on my phone. I put one on repeat - the one which will have an MV.

Around 10 PM my first colleague left. I would have left earlier, but I didn't want to be the first to go home on my first day. I waited until another left, and I packed my things and started my way home.

~~

It was past midnight when I arrived home. I didn't have any energy, so all I could do was to take a shower, change into pajamas. I fell asleep without realizing I didn't have dinner today.

~~

Meanwhile B.A.P were in their dorm, enjoying the late dinner and just casually talking about everything.

"Have you seen the new stylist?" asked Him Chan out of the blue. The others nodded. "Guess her age."

"That European noona?" Jongup said "I think she's definitely older than me. Around YoungJae hyung's age."

Some of them nodded, the others reamined silent. HimChan looked smiling.

"Well, " he started "she just came to age this year. She's 20. She doesn't have a degree, but her cousin is a worldwide famous stylist, and when JiSoo saw that, she asked the CEO to hire her. Now she is on probation period, if the CEO thinks she's a good stylist, then she'll come with us to the LOE tour."

All the guys looked amazed, but they had mixed feelings. Finally YoungJae started to describe the feeling which were mutual to all of them.

"I wouldn't like someone to be my stylist who doesn't have a degree. But I'm glad they found somebody to replace JiSoo. She won't be able to go to the tour because of her baby… However, let's see about this girl. I still have mixed feelings, but maybe she's good."

Everyone nodded.

"I can't believe that she's younger than me." JongUp mumbled, and the others burst out laughing, can't believe their dongsaeng is still caught up on this.


Author's note: An even longer chapter (I think I'll be getting out of control soon)

However, if anyone has read through this, please be so kind and leave a comment!