Cha Hakyeon

SIX but ONE

- The Bright and Friendly Florist -

He is busily organized the flower pots behind the shop, when he realized he got a customer. He saw a man standing inside looking clueless. Hakyeon quickly approach him from behind but he saw the man looks at the red rose and touch it softly. Hakyeon smile as if he knews what did the man are thinking.

“For your girlfriend?”

His sudden voice makes the tall man jumped little and he turn to see him. His face looks startled. He stares at Hakyeon with his eyes blankly.

“ops, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you…” Hakyeon apologized and smile brightly.

“By the way, welcome to Rainbow Florist. I never saw you before. You are my new customer”

Taekwoon stood at the same place while he still hasn’t talk anything to reply to Hakyeon.

“Did you want to buy roses for your girlfriend?” Hakyeon asked again while he look at Taekwoon who is still stay quiet.

Taekwoon shakes his head. “It’s for my mom..”

“Ah..For your mom..I think you should give her this…”

Hakyeon goes towards the end of the corner and reach a pot of pink flowers and for sure Taekwoon doesn’t know what that flower is.

“Here..This is Pink Carnation. It means mother’s love. If you are going to buy the flowers for your mom, this is the most suitable flower. This flower often got ignored just because it is not that attractive to see at first. But you can feel the love when you hold and smell it.” Hakyeon explain as detailed as he can.

Taekwoon nodded understand and he reaches his hand to touch that Pink Carnation on Hakyeon hands. Its true that he really didn’t think this flower is that pretty compared to others, but as soon as he smells it, the fragrance is so fresh and its full of love.

“Did you like it?” Hakyeon looks at Taekwoon with his sparkle eye.

“Yes…I like it..How much is this?”

“Its originally 18,000 won, but I give you discount since you are my new customer. Hehe..So total is 15,000 won only..” Hakyeon giggled.

“Let me wrap the flowers for you…Wait here..”

He goes towards the counter and ready to wraps the flowers when he notices a sport car were park in front of his shop. There’ a girl coming out from the passenger seat. Hakyeon frowned.

“Kang Mina?”

“Hi, oppa..” The girl seems doesn’t pleased to see him.

Taekwoon who saw those two at the entrance just letting them having their time and he turned to look at these beautiful flowers around him.

“What are you doing here….with him?” Hakyeon ask confusedly when he saw one guy came out from the driver seat.

“I came to tell you something.. I don’t have much time.”

“I think its better for you to leave. We will meet tonight okay. I promise, I will bring you to your favorite restaurant. I have customer now..”

He walks toward the small table with Taekwoon’s flower and busily wrapping it with the papers. He is honestly feels that something bad going to happen when he saw that guy come with his girlfriend.

“Oppa, I just wanted to said that I can’t go on with our relationship anymore..” She shouts.

Hakyeon stops from whatever things he’s doing right now. He stares at that rounded eyes.

“Let’s break up” The girl crosses her arms.

Hakyeon let out sighed. “Is it because of him?”

The girl shakes her head. “No..I can’t stand you anymore.. I’m bored everytime I’m with you. You’re too nice for someone like me, oppa. And….” She looks around the small flower shop.

“I don’t date with someone with unclear future and poor…”

Hakyeon smirk and he walks near the girl and standing right in front of her.

“Poor? Unclear future? Wow, you sounded so confident, Mina. Of all this time, who give you money for your studies and living expenses? Who always give money for you to go shopping? Its me, Kang Mina. Then you said I’m poor just because I’m a florist?” Hakyeon grit his teeth trying to control his anger.

“Whatever, oppa..Thanks for everything you did for me for this past 2 years. I appreciated it. But I can’t be with you anymore. I don’t love you anymore. “ She turned to walks away but then Hakyeon calls her name.

Taekwoon frowned when he saw that florist is picking up a pot of rose. To be exact, the black roses which are mean farewell.

“What is this?” The girl ask.

“A gift for you.. and your new boyfriend..” Hakyeon smile who looks like planning something and he goes towards the red car.

“I hope you guys like my flowers. This is black rose by the way..” Hakyeon looks at both of them who seem so clueless.

“We don’t need any gift from you. And this stupid flower..” She’s yelling.

Hakyeon still smiling brightly and suddenly he pour the whole pots of the black rose together with the soils on top of the car. The girl and his boyfriend are yelps and screaming when they saw the car are so full with black soils and it still look wet. The black roses that still sticking into the soils is planted well on top of it. Hakyeon feels satisfied enough. He chuckled.

“This is the real farewell afterall, isn’t it? So, I should give you this roses..Isn’t it pretty? Hahaha”

He laugh and left the two couple still yelps and looking so disgusting. The sudden sound from the car left the shop makes him to turn his head and send it away with his eyes.

“This is what I got after I sacrifice my whole life for you, Kang Mina…”

Taekwoon who is still unfamiliar with the current situation approach Hakyeon. He hesitated to talks but he had to. Its late evening and the sun slowly set its way down, and he needs to go home by now.

“Err…excuse me..my flowers..” Taekwoon stutters.

Hakyeon snaps from his own world and look at Taekwoon confusedly.

“Ah..Your flower..Sorry..” Hakyeon quickly finishing the wrapping and hand it to his new customer who is waiting for such long time.

Taekwoon gave the money but got decline with the pretty smile.

“It’s my treat..Take it as my gratitude instead..” Hakyeon declined the money.

“Gratitude?” Taekwoon asked for explanation.

“For being my last customer today and witnessing everything but you still look calm.”

“And send my regards to your beloved mom. I’m sure she’s lucky to have you as her son.” Hakyeon smile.

Taekwoon doesn’t know how to reply and he wanted to ask Hakyeon if he is okay or not, but they are not even friend and they just knew each other for the past 30 minutes only. After thanking him, Taekwoon left the shop but he take the chance to look over Hakyeon and he saw him sitting down on the chair and crying. Yes, Hakyeon is crying alone. His tears could be seen even from a far. He cupped his face with both of hand and crying as hard as he can. He’s hurting inside, but no one knows and he had no one to share with.