Lee Jaehwan

SIX but ONE

- A cute enthusiastic Barista- 

“Lee Jaehwan! Wake up!! You’re going to be late”

He groans upon hearing his mom shouting at this early morning. He lazily woke up from the bed and reaching his phone beside the bed. He rounded his eyes when he look at the clock.

“Oh my God! I’m late!!” He screams while jump off the bed to took shower.

Hurriedly he goes downstairs and saw his two older brothers already have their breakfast. But he didn’t have that much time to take a sit with them because he’s late. Today he was supposed to open the café as the owner asked him to do so.

“Maknae, breakfast??” The hyung asked him when they saw he goes straight to the door.

“No. I’m late already. I need to open the café. Arghh” He screams again and leave the house.

 

“So, what’s your excuse this time?” The owner of the café cross his arms and stare at Jaehwan that already look down.

“It’s been 2 month since you work here, and you always late, Lee Jaehwan. What is your problem actually?”

Jaehwan gulp. He late for an hour and that’s really a thing that every boss in this world would never forgive.

“I’m sorry..I won’t do that again. I promise” Jaehwan speak out.

“You are lucky enough because I know your hyung. Also, almost all my customer like your voice everytime you sing. I give the credit for that. But please don’t be late again. If not, I will fired you. Understand?”

Jaehwan nodded.

“One more thing, don’t you ever make the latte again. It’s bitter and I already receive so many complain. Let Sangyeop do that. You just need to serve.”

Again, he nodded showing he understand the boss. He went straight to the counter and meet Sangyeop who is busy cleaning the glass.

“Hyung, what’s up today?” he ask.

“As always..Late..He never want to give me a chance to improved my skills though. I am a barista afterall. I can make good coffee..” Jaehwan huff.

Sangyeop chuckled and pats him.

“I know you can do it. I will teach you how to make it even better..”

“Really? Okay, promised me you would teach me..” Jaehwan smiles widely.

 

“I’m ruined” Jaehwan sighed when he taste his own coffee.

“Why did it so hard to even make a simple coffee latte? This is what I learn before though. Did I lack of skills?”

He rubs his head while looking at the few customers that are enjoying their drinks. Sangyeob already went home earlier as he had emergency call before leaving him alone at the counter. The bell rings from the entrance door showing that someone came into the café. Jaehwan approach the tall guy looking cool with the suits. Must be an office worker, he thought. He led the guy to the empty table near the window. The guy silently takes a sit.

“May I take your order, sir?” he ask.

The guy look at him from the top to bottom continuously making him uncomfortable.

‘Did something wrong with my outfit today? Or is my face look weird?’

‘Why did his stare look scary?’ Jaehwan suddenly feel goosebumps all over his body.

“Latte..” The guy said it with his soft voice make Jaehwan frowned because he can’t hear him clearly.

“Excuse me?” Jaehwan looking at him.

“I want one Latte.. and a strawberry cake.” The chic guy answering him with clear voice this time.

“Ahh..Ok..Wait for a while, sir. I will serve for you” Jaehwan smile and leave the guy.

He keep staring at the guy who looking so into the food and drink. His face showing nothing. The expression remain the same. Jaehwan frown his brows and pout.

“Did he like my latte? Is it good enough for him?” he curious.

The chic tall guy still sipping the drink slowly and suddenly he turn his head towards Jaehwan.

“Crap. He caught me” Hurriedly, he keeps his hand busy trying to avoid that scary eye contact.

“Excuse me” That soft voice.

“Yes..?”

“How much..?” He ask.

“Err…8,000 won”

“By the way, your Latte is a bit bitter..” That sudden word comes out from that guy startled Jaehwan makes him flustered.

“Practice more”

Jaehwan left his mouth open and just send the guy away with his eyes. He couldn’t believe that he heard the complaint by himself. All this time, the customer always complains it to the boss though. Why that guy didn’t do the same?. He suddenly pouts and shrugged.

“Like I care”

 

Yes, today was the worst day of Lee Jaehwan. He is again late in the morning, then he had to take over Sangyeop place because that dude suddenly quit his job without early notice, then Jaehwan is ruined. He keeps doing the best latte he could, but he can’t. The customers are now complains that his drink wasn’t the best and they asked for refund.

“I have enough of this Jaehwan..I’m doomed having you as my barista.” The boss yell in his room.

“I’m sorry. I tried my best doing it, but…I failed. But its not that worst.” He defending.

“Jaehwan, I think you should quit. I don’t think I can keep you anymore..” The boss looks at him.

“But…”

“No but..Here is your last pays and thanks for everything.”

Jaehwan shrugged and let out sigh. He couldn’t believe he lost his job, again for the 10th time since he’s graduating to be very honest. He packs his belongings and out of the café. He stands outside and look into.

“Did you think your café is the best café in this town?” He smirk while mocking the owner that look busy serving his customers.

“Its not like your cake is good enough for you to be proud of..Its too creamy and sticky and not even delicious…” He yells doesn’t even bother when people keeps looking at him.

“This small and old café is the worst..” He kicks off the bottle that was lying beside his foot.

He’s about to leave when he turned around and found out a guy with confused face stare at him. Why did everyone like to stare at him? What is wrong with his face? Is it because of his big nose? Jaehwan  rolled his eyes looking annoying.

“What did you look at?” He stern his voice showing that he dislikes that attitude of that guy.

“Oh..Sorry…” the guy aplogize with his deep voice and bow.

Jaehwan stare at him up and down with his annoyed face and leave the place stomping his feet on the ground.

 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Im sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy with VIXX lately. Helping them with streaming and voting, also the ELYSIUM is happening for 2 days. How can i still survive? LOL..

Did you guys already listen to Fantasy, Love Me Do and Butterfly Effect? How was it? For me, its freaking GOOD! The quality of music they deliver to us is keep improving..Which one of the songs is your fav?

Me: Love Me Do! 

p/s: Fantasy is so lit..I'm bald after listening to it..XD