Talks

SIX but ONE

“Sorry if I startling you.. What are you searching for?” Hongbin fixed his words and his eyes still on Hyuk.

Hyuk shakes his head continuously before he closes the fridge and wanting to leave the kitchen. Suddenly he just feels awkward.

“Are you hungry?” Hongbin stops Hyuk from moving.

“We didn’t buy any food today since we ate outside. So there’s nothing to eat..” Hongbin waiting for Hyuk to respond him since the maknae look uncomfortable.

“it’s okay..I..just have a glass of milk..” Hyuk finally speak out.

“That’s aren’t enough for your empty stomach..You might fall sick again..Wait here..I’m going to cook something for you..”

Hongbin immediately go to the microwave beside the sink and looking for something inside of it. Then he smiles while holding a packet of ramen. Hyuk frown as he feels weird that there’s a ramen inside a microwave. ‘Like seriously? Who does it anyway?’

“It’s Jaehwan hyung..” As if he know what Hyuk just thought about.

“Yes?”

“I said, Jaehwan hyung that put this into the microwave. In case something urgent coming up. Luckily I saw he put it here last 2 days ago..” Hongbin chuckled.

Hyuk nodded understand it.

“Give me 5 minutes. Sit here..” Hongbin instruct Hyuk who is still standing still without knowing what to do.

“You love egg right? I will put it together with the ramen..”

‘How did he know I love ramen with egg? Do I ever tell him though?’ Hyuk wonders  to himself but couldn’t get an answer of it. It’s exactly took Hongbin just 5 minutes to cook the ramen, and he carefully put it on the bowl and give to Hyuk who has been waiting him.

“Sorry if this ramen doesn’t taste good like Taekwoon hyung. But, enjoy your supper..”

Hongbin is ready to leave but Hyuk quickly grab his wrist making him turn to the maknae.

“Can you stay here for a while? At least until I finish eating?” Hyuk plead with his puppy eyes.

“oh..okay..as you wish..” Hongbin didn’t hesitate and he pulls the chair and sat beside Hyuk.

They both just went silent when Hyuk start to eats. Hongbin stare at the maknae and he’s actually having so many thoughts that he want to share with him. At least, for now he knows that there’s still a chance to fix everything back to normal. He hopes that Hyuk can tolerate with it.

“I’m sorry..” Hongbin speak up.

Hyuk look at him and blink his eyes asking for explanation.

“I’m sorry that I might be a bad hyung to you since we knew each other. I didn’t try to make things look good between us..”

“Hyung…”

“I know that I might treat you harsh all this time. I never give you the chance to know me well..It’s just..I feel awkward after our first met at your school back then..” Hongbin tells his true feelings.

“It’s me who should apologize to you. I shouldn’t be rude though. I know I am a bad kid, but I have a reason on why I did that..” Hyuk lower his voice when he isn’t sure why he did confess about his behavior.

“Because of your family?” Hongbin guessing.

Hyuk nodded weakly. Honestly he always wanting to talk about this to someone that he can trust, but he just doesn't have guts to do so.

“Eventhough I came from rich family, I don’t feel that I belong to them. They are so busy with their own life that they even abandoning me..I just need some attention..But..it turns out wrongly..” Hyuk choked remembering his hurtful life.

“Mom..She’s the president of her club activity that she rarely spends time with me. Doesn’t even cook for me. Never once in my life I eat something from her cooks. It’s all done by our maid”

Hyuk holds the mug tightly that he feels like the burden he hold all this time are finally unleash in front of someone who isn’t have blood related to him. Hongbin holds his hand telling him to continue.

“I have a sister..She is so pretty..” Hyuk chuckled eventhough he feels that was forced.

“I think she doesn’t even remember he had a younger brother..”

“And dad…” He stops there. He stills can feel the sting on his face that being slap by Dad.

“What’s with your dad?” Hongbin ask carefully.

“As I told you before..He hate me.. He just doesn’t want a son like me..He..just throw me away from the family..” finally the tears came out. He can’t hold it. It’s hurt.

“I came to apologize to him..but..he…slap me..” Hyuk sobbing hard.

Hongbin was taken aback when suddenly Hyuk just starting to crying and it look so heartbreaking. He hugs him tightly trying to coax. He caress Hyuk back softly to makes him feel good.

“It’s okay... We are here with you.. We will help you”

“Don’t cry”

Without them noticing that Hakyeon watching from outside the kitchen. He heard them. Everything. He nearly chokes when he heard Hyuk.

‘So that is why he got cuts on his lips’

 ‘At least I got to witness something beautiful tonight.. thank you Hongbin..thank you Hyuk’

‘Don’t worry.. As long as I am breathing, I will help you. To reconcile with your family.. I will..’

Hakyeon leave to his room when he saw that Hongbin already break the hug and is wiping Hyuk tears. He can’t stop smiling that he can rest assure right now.