When Inseong accidentally throws a basketball and it hits his crush

#ᴍᴜᴢɪᴋ's scenario simulator • request now! ʙᴇɢɪɴ ɢᴀᴍᴇ?
 
 
 CHARACTER   SF9's Inseong
 REQUESTED BY   RizaOneie
 LISTEN TO   Together - SF9
 
***
 

It was lunchtime at FNC High School, and a group of nine rowdy boys were crowded around a table, attracting the most stares from other students. They weren't stares of fear or adoration, but rather, stares of annoyance.

 

SF9, as they called themselves, weren't exactly the most well-liked. They were known for being... well, loud and eccentric. Guilty man number one Dawon, the most animated of the group, burst into the classroom with wide eyes, gasping for breath.

 

"GUYS! GUYS! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!"

 

"There he goes again," Chani sighed, reaching for his bag. "Where are my earphones?"

 

Taeyang gave him a curious look. "Why do you need earphones?"

 

Chani gave him a flat look. "To block his voice out, what else?"

 

"NO!" Dawon snatched Chani's phone away, making Chani frown. "It's huge news! If you don't listen, you'll regret it big time!"

 

"News?" Youngbin sipped on his juice box in boredom.

 

"It better be good," Taeyang mused.

 

Dawon's eyes began to twinkle in amusement. "INSEONG HAS A—!”

 

"LEE DAWON!"

 

A black-haired boy, Inseong, had burst into the room, clapping a hand over Dawon's mouth and violently wrestling with him. The pair were known as the school’s resident Tom and Jerry.

 

Dawon struggled, flailing his arms, and they went toppling into a couple desks where two girls were eating, making the youngest of the bunch, Hwiyoung, snicker.

 

", my bad," Inseong muttered to the girls as glared at him with even more irritation. Inseong immediately helped pick up their food from the floor as Dawon took his chance to pry free.

 

"INSEONG HAS A CRUSH!"

 

Red-faced, Inseong whipped his head around in fury. “HEY—!"

 

But it was too late - the cat was already out of the bag, and Inseong's little secret was overheard not only by SF9, but by everyone in the classroom. Cursing, he bolted up onto his feet and practically strangled his best friend, causing Dawon to let out a high-pitched squawk.

 

The other boys paid no heed to the fight. They were always squabbling about something or other anyway, and Dawon was usually the initiator. They were more interested in Dawon’s self-proclaimed piece of “juicy news,” which, according to Inseong’s frazzled behaviour, only proved that this crush of his was the real deal.

 

"Holy crap," Zuho exclaimed.

 

"I know," Jaeyoon whistled.

 

"No, I mean," Zuho paused. "....I feel so bad for the girl he has a crush on."

 

Jaeyoon burst out into raucous laughter as the two high-fived.

 

Youngbin, the leader, raised an amused eyebrow as he threw his empty juice box in the garbage can. "So, who's the lucky lady, Dawon?"

 

Rowoon, the tall, stoic one of the group, raised his gaze in slight interest.

 

“That—ack!—would be— "

 

Panicking, Inseong dragged him out of the room. "Oh no, that's enough outta you!"

 

"SAVE ME! SAVE ME GUYS!" Dawon yelped, being dragged away.

 

*

 

"You traitor," Inseong hissed under his breath as he tugged his P.E shirt over his head. "How could you think of blurting her name out when Rowoon was obviously listening?"

 

Dawon gave him a look. "Aw, come on, you're such a killjoy. I'm sure Rowoon wouldn't mind."

 

"Are you kidding me? He'd kill me if he finds out I like his little sister," Inseong sighed as the two boys headed out of the change rooms for their gym class.

 

"You're right... I should just tell him that his sister's future boyfriend is a wuss who can't even confess his feelings."

 

"Dawon, I swear to—"

 

"Look, it's your lover girl!" Dawon waved over to the other half of the gym, where you stood, tall and proud, chatting away to your friends. Despite not looking like your brother at all, but rather extremely feminine, you and Rowoon shared one common trait - long legs.

 

Dawon wiggled his brows suspiciously as Inseong became distracted by your presence. When it came to you, he melted into a pile of goo. Unfortunately, a rather plump figure covered his view, and he glanced up to see the boys' coach, Coach Han, eyeing him.

 

"Distracted by the ladies, are we?"

 

"N-No, sir!" Inseong flushed crimson as Dawon snorted.

 

Coach Han smiled and shoved a basketball to his chest. "Well, if you don't want me to think so, you'd better get to practicing." He quickly clapped a few times. "Alright, people! Pair up and practice those bounce passes!"

 

The embarrassed Inseong hugged the ball to his chest and raised his gaze ever so slightly in your direction. From the other side of the gym, he could spot you practicing your passes with a partner.

 

I guess they're doing the same thing, too, he thought.

 

"Are we gonna practice or what?" Dawon shouted.

 

Inseong rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

 

For a while, they continued to practice, but every so often Dawon could spot Inseong glancing back to stare at you. With a mischievous grin, Dawon threw the ball a little too high and it hit Inseong hard on the arm.

 

"Ow! !"

 

"Snap out of it, lover boy!" Dawon sang.

 

That got Inseong riled up as he picked up the basketball slowly. "Lee... Da...won...!"

 

"Whoops!" Dawon jumped out of the way and ran across the gym, darting behind the other students, Inseong hot on his tail. Faking a left and making a fast pass to the right, he finally managed to corner him.

 

"I've got you now!" Inseong hurled the basketball with all of the god-given force he could muster, but Dawon quickly ducked. Instead, the ball went sailing across the room and crashed against your forehead, making you stumble backwards.

 

"AH!"

 

In no time, your classmates instantly crowded around you, filling the air with shrieks and murmurs of "are you okay?"

 

Inseong shouted your name and hurried towards you, but one of your friends shoved him aside. He stumbled back and was met face-to-face with a group of angry, female classmates.

 

"Apologize to her!"

 

"SF9 again? Seriously, you guys do nothing but cause trouble!"

 

"You guys are so immature.”

 

Thoroughly mortified, Inseong pursed his lips together and silently accepted the criticism. He knew him and his friends didn't have the best reputation, but he had to admit that this ordeal was completely his fault.

 

"Guys, my brother is in that group, so don't badmouth them," you broke the criticism midway, clutching at your bloody nose with a tissue. You gazed up at Inseong, who looked extremely guilty.

 

Dawon slid down to his knees and apologized, hands clasped together in desperation. "It was my fault, not Inseong's! Sorry!"

 

"Don't worry about it, guys. It's just a bloody nose — it’s nothing the infirmary can't fix," you waved the matter aside, easing onto your feet.

 

Immediately, thick red blood began to gush down from your nose, making the already-guilty Inseong's head spin a mile a minute.

 

"I'LL TAKE YOU!" Inseong immediately blurted. Hardly paying attention to Dawon's teasing grin, Inseong helped you along to the infirmary, careful not to make you feel uncomfortable.

 

The entire way there, Inseong kept muttering fast apologies to you, so quickly that you couldn't catch much more than "stupid-Dawon-I-swear-on-my-life" and "I-am-so-sorry-I-can't-tell-you-how-much-I'm-sorry-about-this-Rowoon's-gonna-kill-me." In all honesty, Inseong's neverending spew of apologies and curses were making you even dizzier than the blood loss itself.

 

Once you reached the infirmary, the head nurse turned towards the both of you with a disinterested look.

 

"Gym accident?"

 

"Hit by a basketball!" Inseong said, almost in tears.

 

The nurse blinked at his impatient voice and exchanged glances with you, who stared back with amused eyes.

 

"O...kay. Um, well, there's ice in the freezer. Sit her down on the cot and take all the time you need."

 

You secretly glanced at Inseong, who insisted on walking you along with your arm propped around his neck.

 

You smiled. "I've been meaning to say it before, but my legs are working just fine, you know.”

 

Inseong immediately let go of you, stepping back with red ears. “S-Sorry."

 

You chuckled and took a bag of ice from his hands. The air was thick with tense silence as Inseong shifted his weight on the balls of his feet, hands clasped so tightly around his back that his knuckles were turning white. You could almost hear his apologies getting ready to bubble up from the back of his throat.

 

"Um, I should be fine by now, so you can go back to class if you want."

 

Inseong's head snapped up, an expression of incredulousness over it. "NO WAY!"

 

You eyed him curiously.

 

His mind was going white as he tried not to sound idiotic. "I mean, uh - it's okay! Yeah! I'd rather wait here!"

 

You laughed. "How come?"

 

"I mean, uh, I can't leave! I just uh..." He struggled to come up with something, but failed as he blurted out random things without thinking. "I just hit you with a basketball but like, I totally didn't mean to, but I did and I uh, I-can't-just-accidentally-hurt-the-girl-I-like-and-leave-her-here-alone! I mean - no! You're not - I don't - you're--"

 

"You like me?"

 

Inseong froze like stone, staring deep into your unreadable brown eyes for a minute. Eventually, he let out a sigh as his shoulders sagged in defeat.

 

"Yes... Yes. I do."

 

“Well. I have to say, this wasn't exactly the way I pictured you to finally confess..."

 

"I know, I'm sorry, I'll just go now..." Inseong's eyebrows drew together. “Wait… What?"

 

"It took you long enough," you laughed, wiping your now-dry nose with a damp tissue. "Dawon wouldn't stop dropping hints that you liked me."

 

"Dawon told you?" Inseong's hands curled into fists. "I swear, I'm gonna get that little loudmouth—“

 

He paused when you reached out for his wrist, curling it securely between your fingers. Your touch was electric, and he was instantly at a loss for words when you smiled warmly at him.

 

"Forget about him for now. Don't you want a reply to your suave confession?"

 

Inseong swallowed the lump in his throat before nodding.

 

He didn't even realize he was holding his breath until you leaned in and pressed his lips against his for a kiss.

 

You could feel his mouth slightly gaping open under yours and pulled back, feigning offence. "Was I that bad of a kisser?"

 

Inseong's gaze wasn't even on yours, and he was still gaping with a stupid look, staring off into the distance. Confusedly, you waved a hand in front of his face. "...Inseong? Yoo-hoo, Kim Inseong?"

 

Finally, he began to talk. "You... um - you kissed..."

 

"Yes," you chuckled and slid your palms over his cheeks while gazing at him adoringly. "I like you too, Kim Inseong."

 

"B-But... we're SF9. We're annoying. And everyone hates us."

 

"As your girlfriend, whoever says that any of you guys are annoying will have to answer to me. And I'm pretty well-liked among the student body, aren't I?" You flirtatiously grinned.

 

"Girlfriend..." he exhaled weakly. "You're my... I'm your...whoa!"

 

You had grabbed his uniform necktie and pulled it closer to the cot, where you were propped up. With a devious smirk on your lips, you tilted your head.

 

"To be honest, that first kiss was lame. Let's do it properly. A second one, I mean."

 

Inseong murmured your name in incredulity, red ears getting redder by the minute. You wouldn't let him hesitate any longer. The both of you leaned in, your lips getting closer and closer to his before....

 

"Hey! What happened? I heard you got hit—“

 

The both of you jolted back from each other, only to stare into the stunned face of Rowoon, your older brother.

 

"Inseong... What are you doing to my sister?"

 

"I-I..."

 

Dawon's face poked out behind Rowoon's back. "They're each other's faces off!"

 

"DAWON!" Inseong growled.

 

Dawon sheepishly tiptoed to the door, sensing the malice in Inseong's eyes. "Heh... heh... Just kidding...?"

 

"Oh, you are SO dead!"

 

“AHH!" Dawon screamed. You laughed as Inseong chased Dawon around the infirmary and exchanged amused glances at your very confused older brother.

 
 
 
MUZIKMASTER SAYS------------------------
Sorry for the lateness in updating!
so many things happened and writer's block and gah - well, i'll spare you the details, but not to worry, i'm back! (and getting back on track on updating my chaptered fics lmao)
p.s: did u know that inseong's english name is Terry i'm---