Digging My Own Grave

I Don't Like Her... Seriously


They all sat down in the front row, with one sitting right beside me. The teacher turned around as they were all settled and the one beside me turned and winked with her left eye. Shivers shot up my spine and I looked down at my notebook.

These girls...what the hell were they here for? Since when did they turn up to class? I didn't even know they were in my class. Strangely enough, they stayed silent for the duration of her lecture and actually took notes.

The world really did fascinate me sometimes.


"Any questions?" Mrs. Choi asked, looking at the front row in particular – that is, everyone except me.

The one with blonde hair next to me raised her hand. "Yes Momo?"

"I don't really understand all of this. Is there by any chance I could have someone explain it to me?" She asked.


The teacher didn't look completely convinced, but regardless, she still –

"Mina?" she asked.

"Yes?" I answered cautiously.

"Would you mind helping these girls out after school with their chemistry?"

"Uh...sure," I answered hesitantly. Well, that was unexpected.

"Excellent. You guys should meet up in the library and get some work done. With an excellent tutor like this, you'll excel in no time!" she exclaimed happily.


I smiled weakly. They all turned their heads towards me and smiled. Not in the friendly way, but like a shark about to consume it's meal.
For the remaining half the lesson, I sat there debating with myself. Why didn't you lie? You totally have after school sports! That's right. I could lie, saying that I had after school sports and that I was busy.


The bell rang and everyone slowly rose from their seats. "See you after school nerdy," the one named Momo said with a smirk.

They all walked past and looked down at me – not in a condescending way but because they were genuinely about thirty centimeters taller than me.


By the end of the day, I was truly shaken to the core, imagining all possible scenarios that could possibly occur in this 'tutoring' session. Somehow, they all involved me dying, suffering or being tortured.
I continuously watched the clock as it would tell me how long I had until I either died or sprinted home and delayed my death for a day. If I hurried, I could quickly grab my books and bag and then bolt, or I could go find Mrs. Choi, tell her I had commitments and then have permission to bolt.
The bell rang and it was obvious which option I had chosen; I quite literally bolted to my locker. After fumbling with the lock for half a minute, it finally opened. I pulled my bag down, shoved my books inside and locked the locker before fast-walking out of the corridor. I continuously looked over my shoulder as I bee-lined for the path that I usually took to walk home.


So far, so good. I had made it about three quarters of the way out of school grounds and from here on, it would be a safe path straight home. I would have to jog too. Actually, a sprint would be much safer.

I sighed a sigh of relief as I finished looking over my shoulder for the one millionth time. Then I nearly had a heart attack.


"Going somewhere, nerd-bird?" a girl with short brown hair – I think her name was Jeongyeon – said, bending down slightly to reach eye-level with me.

She put her hands on my shoulders and spun me around, pushing me along as I was forced to make the arduous journey to the library.  


Another one of them – this time a brunette one – named Tzuyu held the door open sarcastically while Jeongyeon continued pushing me through the door. Very, very reluctantly, I forced my legs to move towards a table. I set course for the middle table right near the front desk. Choosing a central desk would be a good idea; that way, they wouldn't be able to try anything funny.

 


"Not this one," Momo whispered just as I was about to put my books down.

was so close on my ear I could feel her breath tickling my skin.

It sent a lightning bolt down my spine and my body went as rigid as an unoiled tinman. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Just a little update 😄

And... the first MiMo interaction. 😝