Don't Go

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 31, 2016

Dear Diary,

So today I attended a party with Momo. My phone battery got drained so I couldn’t check on Chaeyoung. The party ended so late. I went home looking so tired and sleepy. It was 11pm when I arrived home. And I had to write this just today (Feb.1,2016). Even though I was so sleepy to do other stuff, I put some effort on charging my phone to check on Chaeyoung. When I finally booted my phone, text messages came in continuously. I received messages from Chaeyoung. I started reading them one by one. And the last message was about: “Mina unnie, I feel so sick. I can’t get up anymore.” My heart pounded so fast. I immediately went out and headed to Chaeyoung’s apartment. When I got there, she’s burning hot and was shivering. She seemed unconscious since she wouldn’t talk to me. I was worried sick so I immediately called an ambulance. When she was brought to the hospital, the doctor said she just have a high fever. I felt a little relieved. But the doctor also said that Chaeyoung might stay there for a few days. I hope she gets better soon.

I came out of my apartment rushing.

“Damn. Why didn’t I remember that?” I thought to myself.

I called out a taxi to get there as quick as possible. “Mister, could you hurry a little? I’m a bit in a rush.” I worriedly asked the favor to the driver. “Yes ma’am. I’ll do my best.” said the old driver.

I was gazing out the car window checking if I’m close to Chaeyoung’s apartment. I was panicking. I’m having heavy breaths. I couldn’t calm myself. I’ve been trying to call her but she doesn’t pick up. “Wait for me, Chaeyoung-ie” I mumbled.

When I finally reached her apartment, I was slightly relieved that I finally made it. I paid the fare hurriedly and got off the taxi as soon as it stopped. I rushed to her doorstep. I didn’t bother knocking and just went in like I always did in the past.

It’s so dark in here. “Chaeyoung-ah?” I worriedly called out to her. I turned the lights on and to my surprise, I saw Chaeyoung lying on the floor wrapping herself up with a blanket and shivering. I immediately approached her and knelt.

 “Chaeyoung-ah.” I said as I place my palm on her shoulder.” She slowly opened her eyes to see who I was.

 “Mina unnie? Wh-what are you doing here?” she asked in a coarse voice.

I placed my palm on her forehead to check her condition. “Oh god. You’re burning. I’m gonna get an ambulance.” I hurriedly pulled out my phone from my pocket. “Don’t.” Chaeyoung refused as she groaned. “But look at you. This might get worse. I better—“

“Just stay here… Please.” Chaeyoung pleaded with her eyes closed.

I sighed. “Come on… Let’s get you to bed.” I offered my hand. She slowly reached out for my hand. I guided her to her bedroom while she was still wrapped in her blanket. I carefully rested her on her bed.

“I’m gonna get some warm water and towel to help you get better.” I was about to go and gather some stuff but she grabbed my wrist. “Don’t go.” Chaeyoung begged.

I knelt beside her and smiled. “I never left. I was always here waiting for you. Where have you been all this time?”

Chaeyoung seemed to be unconscious so she didn’t hear what I just said. She was still shivering and her eyes were shut. I brushed her hair with my fingers to see her face better. I my index finger on her cheek to feel her skin. I smiled. “It’s been so long since I saw your face this close.”

I sighed. “I’m just gonna get some stuff and come back, okay?”

She groaned.

I stood up and headed to the kitchen to boil some water and gathered some meds. When I came back, I immediately did some first aid procedure. I helped her take some meds too. I gathered all my mess and headed back to the kitchen to clean up. I came back to check on Chaeyoung. She’s still shivering but she looks a little better than earlier.

Her phone suddenly rang. I checked to see who the caller is.

“Chou Tzuyu – Calling” I stared at it with a blank expression and took a quick glance at Chaeyoung. I waited for the call to end. I checked what time it was on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter