A Day with Satan

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: The first part might cause confusion. Continue reading to understand it. :) Enjoy!

I was walking aimlessly down the streets. It was a very crowded night. The moon was shining and the stars were blinking. I have no idea where I was heading. Car noises could be heard everywhere.  People glanced at me as I walked past them. Maybe because it was pretty obvious I was not in a good mood and annoyance was all over my face.

“Mina unnie! Wait for me!” Chaeyoung pleaded as she tried chasing after me.

I ignored her and continued walking. Chaeyoung rushed her footsteps to reach me.

“Mina unnie. Let me explain first.” She grabbed my wrist.

I glared at her. I grabbed her hand that was holding onto my wrist and I dragged it down. I continued walking.

“Mina unnie!” she still didn’t give up and continued following me.

I kept ignoring her and checked the cars that passed by. I started crossing the street with a blank expression.

“Mina unnie! Listen to me!” Chaeyoung pleaded and was hurriedly chasing after me.

Suddenly, I heard car screeching and a loud thud. I paused. My heart beated so fast that I didn’t dare turning around so quickly. My lips went dry and my face turned pale. Slowly, I turned around. My hands started shaking and my eyes started tearing up.

Chaeyoung was lying down, bleeding and seemed lifeless.

“Ch-Ch-Cha-Chaeyoung-ah…” I called out to her stuttering. I took a step forward as tears roll down my cheeks.

“CHAEYOUNG-AHHHHH!” I screamed.

My heart pounded as I heard my phone alarm. I got up. My sweat was cold and my heart kept pounding. I tried catching my breath. I turned off my phone alarm. I facepalmed and groaned. “Why did I suddenly dreamt of that?” I asked myself.

I feel like I wasn’t fully awake so I tried getting out of bed. I stretched lazily as I stood up. I slapped my face lightly to wake me up and headed to the bathroom to wash up. As I was doing my business, I paused for awhile. “Why did that appear in my dream?” I wondered. I just disregarded it and finished washing up and changed clothes. I sat on my desk chair to check my original diary and see what awaits me and Chaeyoung today. I scanned through the pages. “Oh, there it is.” I whispered as I finally find the page dated today.

My phone started ringing before I even read the first word on the page. I walked to my bed to get my phone. I checked to see who the caller is.

“Im Nayeon – Calling”

Satan is at it again. Great. I sat on my bed. I accepted the call.

“Mmm..” I answered boringly.

“Mina-ya. Come meet me at the café right now. Let’s have some smoothie. My treat.”

“What? Right now?”

“Yeah. I’m already here. I’ll be waiting.” Nayeon hang up.

I immediately put on casual clothes and left the apartment. It took me 10 minutes to get to the café. I just walked to get there. I can see Nayeon from the glass window. She waved at me while smiling. Damn. Her smile is to die for, seriously. I opened the door and went straight to where Nayeon was sitting. I sat in front of her.

“Heeey!” Nayeon greeted cheerfully.

That smile again. Ugh. Stop. I pretended to be still upset about what happened yesterday so I gave out a pissed look.

“Are you still mad about yesterday? Come on. I’m sorry. Okay?”

I didn’t answer.

“Tss. It’s not like I’m the only one who did something wrong here.”

I got confused. “What do you mean? I asked.

“No wonder why didn’t nag me about asking Momo out on a date.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter