Nayeon, The Life Saver

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with a huge smile on my face. Everything that happened yesterday is still fresh in my mind. I’ve never felt this much happiness ever since she died. Now I can finally remember how happiness feels like.

I fixed my bed and did some stretching. I hope this day would be better than yesterday. I opened my curtain to see how bright the day is.

I stretched my arms upward and yawned. I decided to wash up then I put on comfortable clothes. I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat for breakfast. I placed everything on the table and started eating. A few moments later, I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom. I immediately headed there thinking it was something important. I picked up my phone.

“Im Nayeon – Calling”

“What does she want?” I asked myself. I answered it.

“Mina-ya. Meet me later at 3pm at the ice cream parlor. I’m bored. See you.” Nayeon immediately hang up.

Damn. She didn’t even ask me if I wanted to see her. Why does she always act like a boss? Ugh. My day suddenly got ruined. Even though I don’t want to see her, I have no choice since I have nothing to do today and I’ll probably rot in my apartment if I don’t go out. I did some chores first to kill time. After doing tons of work, I decided to take a shower. I didn’t put so much effort in dressing up and just headed to the ice cream parlor.

I finally reached the ice cream parlor. I looked around. “She’s still not here.” I whispered. I searched for good seats. I sat near the corner.

I waited.

I checked the time on my phone. “3:16PM – Jan 30 2016”

I hate her. I dialed her number. It’s ringing. She picked up.

“Minaaaaa! I’m sorry. I won’t make it.” Nayeon apologetically answered the call.

“What? You made me come all the way here to—“

“I’m sorry. Something came up.”

I was about to yell when someone who just came in caught my attention. I froze like a fool. I almost dropped my jaw. I stared at her like it’s been so long since I last saw her when I just saw her yesterday. Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung is here. What’s more, she’s alone.

“Mina-ya! Are you still there? I’m really sorry. I’m gonna ma—“ Nayeon spoke.

“It’s okay. See you next time.” I ended the call while still staring at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung didn’t notice me and was heading towards an empty table.

“Chaeyoung-ah!” I called.

She looked back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter