Birthday Present

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today I decided to meet up with Momo and Jungyeon. We headed to the Jokbal place. As usual. I think Jungyeon and I are becoming close. I actually thought she was one scary fella but she’s actually caring and sweet inside. I didn’t know she’s also a dork and loves pulling pranks. I’m glad Momo found a friend like her. It’s pretty obvious that Jungyeon likes her but apparently, Momo is married to food.

So as we enjoy our food and tell jokes to each other, just like before, Nayeon came in with a girl. This time it’s a different girl. Jungyeon suddenly became quiet. She came to us and introduced the girl.

“Hey guys. This is Dahyun. We’re here to have lunch.” Dahyun waved at us and smiled.

“Okay. Have fun.” I said.

The two headed to their table. This time she ignored Jungyeon. She didn’t even glance at her even for a second. The three of us continued eating and talking to each other. But later I noticed Jungyeon wasn’t paying attention and seemed like she was taking glances behind me. I turned around and saw Nayeon. Nayeon is just paying attention to her girl. I turned to face Jungyeon. She noticed that I caught her looking at Nayeon so she shifted her gaze on the food.

I pressed my lips together to hold my laughter.

“Guys, I need to go to the restroom.”  Momo spoke. We both nodded and Momo headed to the restroom.

Jungyeon took ten seconds before she finally spoke. “Is that Nayeon’s girlfriend?” she hesitantly asked.

“I don’t think so. Nayeon dates random girls everyday. I don’t think it’s even possible for her to commit to a relationship.” I answered calmly pretending not to know she’s interested in Nayeon.

“She’s annoying.” Jungyeon spoke with a pissed tone.

I chuckled. “I also hated her at first. I think only fools will like her the first time they meet her. But, when you actually get to know her better, you’ll come to like her.”

Jungyeon’s face suddenly turned to stone. She her lip and looked down and just nodded.

After a few moments, Momo came back. We decided to leave and head home. Jungyeon was obviously stealing glances at Nayeon as we leave. Nayeon didn’t even took time to say goodbye to us.

I already parted ways with Jungyeon and Momo. I was close to my apartment when I received a text from Chaeyoung.

“Mina unnie, if you’re free today, you can come over. I baked a cake. Tzuyu will be coming over too.”

I didn’t hesitate to come over even though Tzuyu will be there.

 Days passed of me having this kind of relationship with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. Sometimes, Chaeyoung and I meet together privately, and sometimes I’m the thirdwheel for the two. I could see Tzuyu not being pleased every time I join them in their dates. I just ignore her. I want her to hate me more. When I go out with Chaeyoung alone, she sometimes made me feel that she likes me back but she never confessed. I seldom would give her hints about my feelings. I don’t know if she doesn’t get them or she just pretends not to understand them.

It’s been almost two months since then. I decided to write on my diary today.

March 23, 2016

Dear Diary,

I’ve been going out with Chaeyoung for awhile now. Not as a couple though. Just friends. I don’t really know how she feels towards me since she never talked to me seriously and she never even talked about her feelings for Tzuyu. Every time I ask her, she would always switch topics. I can’t even read her thoughts so I’m clueless about her feelings. By the way, my birthday is tomorrow. Well, I don’t really like birthdays. The only reason I’m looking forward to it is that, it was the day Chaeyoung and I became an official couple. She said it was my birthday gift. I’m not really expecting we would become a couple tomorrow. A confession would suffice. I’m really looking forward to it.

P.S. I just had my birthday few months ago before I time travelled and it feels weird I’m celebrating it again.

After writing, I placed my diary back in the drawer. I turned off the lampshade and slept.

Today’s the day! I excitedly got off my bed and did some stretching.  I called Nayeon out to help me with grocery. I arrived first at the supermarket and decided to wait outside.

“What’s taking her so long? I mumbled.

Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter