Chapter Five

Where do we go from here?

 

AOMG was attending a music festival and among the crowd were Simon and Jay who were enjoying each artist's performances. At the moment, Gray was up on stage performing. So while Gray was performing, Simon took out his phone to record it. After unlocking his phone, he saw that he had a missed call and a voicemail.  

"Hey, I'll be right back. I gotta make a quick call," Simon informed Jay due to the loudness of the area. Jay nodded his head in understanding. When Simon found a more quieter place away from the crowd, he went to his voicemail and played the message.

"Um...Hello, this is Hoody Kim. The reason why I called was because I'm interested in AOMG's label. I was hoping that I could meet with you sometime, when you're not busy, and we could discuss it more in detail. I hope to hear from you soon, bye."

After listening to Hoody's message, he decided to try calling her back.

Meanwhile, with Hyojung, she was video chatting with her best friend, Jessi.

"Ah, so you didn't get a phone call back yet?" Jessi asked to understand the situation after getting updated. Hyojung nodded her head yes. Before they moved on to talk about something else, Hyojung's phone suddenly rang and Simon Dominic was on the caller ID. 

Jessi then encouraged her friend to take the call since it will be an important one, "Go ahead and answer it. We will talk more tomorrow, ok?" Jessi assured HyunJung before they said goodbye and ended their video call.

 

 
Next,  HyunJung hesitantly picked up her phone and answered it.
 
" Hello?", she shyly said on the line.
 
"Hello?, this is Simon Dominic from AOMG", a deep voice was heard on the other side of the line.
 
" I apologize for not answering your call earlier. But I did listen to your message.  So let me know what time you're available to meet", Simon said.
 
" Ah okay. Is it possible that we could meet tomorrow afternoon?", Hoody asked as she looks at a calender in the kitchen.
 
" Sure. Also is it ok if I have Jay Park at the meeting too?", Simon asked since him and Jay usually make decisions together.
 
" Yes", Hoody replied. With that said Simon  told hoody that he'll be looking forward to meet her tomorrow afternoon before ending their call and heading back to the festival.
 
Once the phone call was over hoody decided to start working on a demo cd to bring for both of the CEOs to listen to at the meeting.
 
 
 
 
 
While the music festival was still going on,  there were two suspicious girls dressed in staff members clothing pretending to work backstage.
 
"Psst! Keira cover for me while I go look for Gray oppa", Missha whispers to her best friend.
 
"Are we really doing this? What if we get caught?", Keira worriedly asked and felt the guilt in her for getting involved with the situation. Missha gave a cold glare at her friend.
 
"Yes we are. I told you the plan hundreds of times already. Why are you suddenly backing out now?", Missha said with an  annoyed look on her face. In the end it became a one woman job instead of two. She may have lost a friend but, Missha didn't care anymore all she was interested in was her beloved Gray
 
 
 
Meanwhile in the waiting room with AOMG. Gray and ELO were just chilling since they came back to take a break  from being in the crowd to watch the other artist's performances. So Gray was getting a little bit bored but then he saw his keyboard on the coffee table and decides to have a litthe jam session. As for Elo he was on his phone while he vibed  to Gray playing a couple of songs. A few minutes later he left the room to go use the restroom. 
 
Next, there was knock at the door and Gray stop playing for a moment to answer it.
 
" Hi! I came to bring you some water", Missha acted as staff member when Gray opened the door.
 
"Sure come in", Gray said as headed back to the piano.
 
"I'm so sorry I hope I wasn't interrupting you from writing a new song", The girl apologetically said walking in with a couple of water bottles in arms.
 
" Nah I was just having a little jam session that's all", Gray explained to her. Then Missha proceeded to put some of the water bottles in the mini fridge. But, saved one to give to Gray.
 
As she stood up after crouching down to put in the water bottles something small and silver button with a drawing of a music note on it  had fallen out of her pocket.
 
" I guess I'll be going now", Missha said as she closed the fridge and left the unfridgerated water on the coffee table.
 
"Okay well thanks for the water", Gray thanked the employee and as he went to  see her out he almost stepped on a button that looks like it was from a school uniform.
 
"Um...Hey you dropped this!", Gray called out as he picked it up and examined it. The girl stopped in her track and became shocked then frantically started searching her pockets for the lost item.
 
Soon as he saw music note drawing on the button he suprisingly recalled the last time he  saw it which was back at his  high school graduation. It was a very painful memory that he wanted to forget about.
 
"This button! Why do you have it? I thought Yezi had it all along", Gray asked as his voice start to tremble.
 
" Um...Well you see...It's kind of a funny story",the girl nervously laughed while she slowly turned around to face her idol.
 
" Who exactly are you?", Gray asked . Next, the girl took off her hat and revealed herself.
 
"Oppa don't you remember me? It's Missha", the girl said with a puppy look in her eyes. Ten minutes passed and Missha explained to the idol how she got the button.
 
"I found it in school's fountain after I saw your confession to Yezi. She dropped it in there the moment another guy confessed to her then,I saw her accept his button instead", Missha said.
 
Gray couldn't bare to listen anymore as he was trying to keep his cool but while listening to the story he felt like a wound opened up again. He also remembered some rumor about Yezi that circulated around campus; about how she was only using him to get good grades.
 
 
 
" Thank you for telling me you may leave now",Gray told the girl.
 
Missha nodded her head then quietly did as she was told and before she left she said.
" I'm sorry oppa but if it were me I would've cherished that button better than she did.", Missha said with a smirk on her face then proceeded to open the door.

 

 
 
Standing  in front of her was a security guard and her friend kiera then both of them were escorted out of the building. When the girls were being escorted Elo was coming back from the restroom following behind were the rest of Aomg. The guys walked in to see Gray sitting on the couch looking upset. So they tried to lighten the mood by leaving the  festival and going somewhere else to cheer up Gray.