Chapter Four

Where do we go from here?

 

Sunlight peered through the curtains of HyunJung's bedroom indicating that it was a new day. As the sun brightly shined on the young woman's face, she tried to find a new comfortable spot away from the sun. But it was no use, in the end she was forced to get up. She sat up sleepily, rubbing her eyes and yawning since she was definitely still tired from last night. As she checked her phone for texts, there was one from Jessi.

 

To: HyunJung
From: Jessi
____________________________
Hey girl! Sorry, I left early this morning for work. I won't be able to come home for a couple of days since I'm on my flight to the States now. But anyways, last night was incredible! I hope that you'll check out AOMG before deciding to join. Hwaiting!
____________________________

 

After reading the text and replying back, Hyun Jung got out of bed and started to head to the bathroom to wash up. While brushing her teeth, she kept thinking about everything that happened that night. It led to her remembering the CEO of AOMG giving her a business card. A few minutes after washing up, HyunJung went to her room and saw on her bedside table the little card.

 

"Just as I thought, it was definitely not a dream," the young woman said to herself. 

 

Since it was Sunday, it was time to clean the apartment. So she brought out her laptop to the dining room table and put on some music so that she could listen while cleaning. The music that she played was from some AOMG artists. She decided to listen to their music since Jessi suggested  to check out them out before deciding to join the label.

 

Meanwhile, at Gray's apartment, Gray was woken up by his alarm clock. He got up and a cute little fluffy dog jumped onto the bed greeting him. After petting the cute dog for a few minutes, Gray went to the bathroom to wash up. Next, he put on a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt so that he can take the puppy out for a walk before going to his busy schedule.

 

While walking in the neighborhood, Gray had a lot on his mind but was still aware of his surroundings. A few minutes later, he noticed a couple of teens playing a game of basketball and realized that he was now at a  park. As soon as he saw the park entrance, he turned around to walk back to the apartment. Along the way, he started to reminisce his teenage years.

 

When Gray finally got home from the walk, he took the puppy' s leash off so it could freely run around the apartment. Once he was done, he tiredly went to the living room and laid down on the couch for a few minutes. Then, a thought popped into his head to find his yearbook. So he got up and went to where he kept his photo albums which were underneath the lamp table. As Gray found his yearbook, he sat back down on the couch and started looking through it. While flipping through the pages to find his grade, he came across a familiar photo in the junior class section.

 

"Moon Missha," he read the name below the girl's photo.

 

《Flashback 》

 

*Ding* *Ding* *Deng*!

 

The school bell rang as school came to an end. Before leaving the classroom, Gray gathered his stuff, said goodbye to all of his friends, and then made his way to his favourite place in the whole school: the music room. He was part of the music club. Upon getting close to the music room, Gray heard a piano playing that echoed through the halls. Curious,  he decided to peek into the little window. Through the window, he saw a girl dressed in a different school's uniform playing the piano.

 

"Hm? Is she new here?" Gray whispered to himself. He quietly walked into the room, as best as he could, so as not to disturb the girl. When the girl smoothly finished playing her song, she was a little startled hearing someone's clapping.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I startle you?" Gray asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. The girl turned around and stood up to politely bow to Gray.

 

"I was a little at first... I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone would be here," the girl shyly replied.

 

"Oh I see...well, nobody uses this room besides our music club," Gray informed the girl and then asked, "Are you a new student?"

 

"Yes, I am. Today was kind of my first day of being a junior," the girl answered, nodding her head. Gray came closer to the girl, sticking out his hand with a smile.

 

"Welcome to our school. I guess that makes me your sunbae, huh?" Gray said in a joking tone. The girl smiled back and shook his hand.

 

"By the way, you can call me Sunghwa but people usually call me Gray. Don't hesitate to ask me for help."

 

"My name is Missha."

 

< End of flashback >

 

Gray was then interrupted from his thoughts by a phone call from his manger. His manager was telling him that he was on his way to pick him up. So, Gray put back the yearbook where it belonged, then quickly started to get ready.

 

Meanwhile, at Hoody and Jessi's apartment, after a half an hour of cleaning, it was now sparkling clean. A tired HyunJung plopped down on the couch in the living room to rest for awhile. In her mind, she thought about AOMG's music and imagined herself being in their label. Although she listened to each artists album, in her opinion, she really liked the vibe of their music. It had her believing that she could create great music just like them.

 

Later on in the afternoon, after eating lunch, HyunJung had decided to call AOMG's co-CEO, Simon Dominic.

 

*Rring* *Rring*

 

"The number that you've called is currently unavailable..." HyunJung heard on the line as he did not pick up. After, she decided to leave him a message.

 

"Um...Hello, this is Hoody Kim. The reason why I called was because I'm interested in AOMG's label. I was hoping that I could meet with you sometime, when you're not busy, and we could discuss it more in detail. I hope to hear from you soon, bye." Hoody ended the call. 

 

Afterwards, she took a deep breath and felt great relief that she got that over with. Next, she went on her laptop and decided to videochat Jessi to update her about her day.