Chapter Three

Where do we go from here?
The sun had now gone down and nighttime was approaching. The club was already up and running and the dance floor was filled with many people. Sitting at one of the tables, after dancing to a couple of songs, were Jessi and Hoody.
 
 
 
"How much time do we have 'til the performances start?" Hoody asked Jessi as she checked  the time on her phone. 
 
 
 
"Hmm...not sure, but I'll ask and also get us some drinks,"Jessi replied as she got up from the table. Hoody nodded her head okay.
 
 
 
Meanwhile, in the VIP section of the club, both AOMG and Illonaire were  just chilling before the performance.  
 
 
 
"Cheers!" the guys yelled as they clinked their drinks together. After finishing their 2nd round of drinking, they decided to play rock, paper, sissors to see who'll buy the drinks for the next round. As a result, Gray had lost against The Quiett and so it was his turn to get the drinks. 
 
 
 
Back at Jessi and Hoody's table, Hoody was patiently waiting for Jessi to come back. Since she was by herself, a guy sat down next to Hoody to try and flirt with her.
 
 
 
"Hey, what's a cute girl like you sitting here all alone?" the guy asked as he raised his eyebrows and put one arm around her shoulder. Hoody rolled her eyes as she removed his arm from her shoulder and looked around to try and find an excuse to leave. As she frantically searched, her eyes came across a familiar looking guy. He was descending down the stairs of the VIP section of the club toward the bar.
 
 
 
"Actually, I came with my boyfriend and that's him! He just went to say hi to his friends for a bit." Hoody pointed at Gray then got up from the table and walked towards her "boyfriend." She linked arms with him then walked in the direction of the dance floor.  After a few minutes, they stopped walking when they saw the dance floor. Hoody quickly let go of Gray's arm then apologized for her unexpected action.
 
 
 
"I'm sorry that I dragged you all the way here." Hoody said as she apologetically bowed after seeing the handsome guy with a confused expression.
 
 
 
"Oh, it's okay. I guess that guy back there was bothering you, huh?" Gray commented after accepting the apology. Hoody nodded her head and explained what had happened.
 
 
 
"Ah, I see." Gray nodded in understanding. Then it became awkward for a moment. 
 
 
 
"Well...I should probably go find my friend now. Thank you, again, for everything," Hoody broke the silence as she bowed goodbye to Gray before she left to look for Jessi. Moments later, Hoody was able to find Jessi sitting at a table talking to Dok2. 
 
 
 
"HyunJung-ah! Where did you go? I got us drinks! Also, we'll be performing after AOMG," Jessi greeted her friend as she moved over so Hoody could sit down. Next, Jessi introduced Hoody to Dok2. After they chatted for a bit with Dok2, he went back to his crew.
 
 
 
"Good luck on your performances! I'll see you later," Dok2 said before he left.
 
 
 
Minutes after Dok2 had gone, it was time for the performances to begin. The club became lit as Illonaire was performing. The hype kept going up even as AOMG performed too. However, one particular artist from AOMG had captivated Hoody with his performance. She then realized that that was the guy who helped her earlier that night. Her "boyfriend" was AOMG's Gray! Soon after all of the guys were done, it was now Jessi's turn.
 
 
 
"Good luck, Unnie!" Hoody said before Jessi got up and made her way to the stage. The crowd was still hyped as Jessi arrived on stage. Once Jessi's charismatic stage ended, she thanked her fans and then announced the next artist performing.
 
 
 
"This next upcoming artist is going to slow things down for you! Give it up for Hoody!" Jessi screamed as the crowd cheered. Hoody took a deep breath before taking the mic.
 
 
 
"I'm Hoody and this song is called: My ride," Hoody said as the lights dimmed. While she sang passionately, Gray listened intently to her angelic voice. He thought she was very talented and wondered if she was already signed. He then lost his train of thought when Simon Dominic found him near the front of the stage. They began talking about Hoody and how someone as talented as her needed to be signed to their label.
 
 
 
"Hey, what do you think about her joining us at AOMG?" Simon asked as he pointed at Hoody with his chin.
 
 
 
"Yeah, I think her artistry would fit well with the company. She's really talented and I never heard anyone like her before," Gray agreed as he rubbed the back of his neck when he mumbled that last part for Simon to hear. 
 
 
 
Back to Hoody who was performing on stage, for a moment, Hoody's eyes found Gray as she slowly scanned the crowd. He looked busy talking to one of the other members of AOMG. As she continued singing, she hoped that he would look up once at her but the moment was gone as he was ushered back to the VIP section with the rest of his crew.
 
 
 
Later on, after all the artists have already performed, the night continued on. For AOMG, they decided to leave the club to get something to eat. Before leaving, Simon told Jay that he had to do something real quick. He quickly tried to find Hoody because he wanted to talk to her about joining their company.
 
 
 
"Hi, you're Hoody, right?" Simon asked when he found Hoody and Jessi about to leave their table. The younger woman of the two nodded her head to answer.
 
 
 
"Cool! Well, you were amazing tonight and I wanna give you this. Contact me if you're interested in joining AOMG," Simon informed her as he took out his business card from his wallet and handed it to Hoody.
 
 
 
"Um...thank you for this. I'll think it over and let you know soon," Hoody said as she politely bowed to Simon after taking the card. Simon nodded and smiled as he quickly bid the two girls goodbye. As they watched him leave, Hoody was left--with the card still in her hand--looking stunned and confused at what just happened seconds ago.