Chapter One

Where do we go from here?
As a beautiful piano melody echoed throughout the room, it was followed by angelic vocals that harmonized together.  There was a girl who was sitting at her piano singing passionately while she played her song.
 
"Wow! That sounds amazing!" Jessi said as she entered the room and sat on the bed. Hoody stopped playing and gave a smile to her best friend and roommate.
 
"Thanks! I just hope that it goes well and maybe I'll finally get signed," Hoody replied.
 
"Don't worry about it too much, you'll be fine. They'd be crazy not to sign you 'cause you are talented! It's gonna be lit!" The two giggled at Jessi's comment.
 
"You're right, but i can't wait to watch your performance, too! You always slay!" Hoody joked, mentioning Ssenunni. A few minutes later, they decided to go to bed since it was past midnight.
 
The next day came and it was the day that both of the girls we're going to be performing at Secret Society.
 
*beep!* *beep!* the sound of Hoody's phone alarm went off.
 
"Ughh! What's today? Oh yeah, it's my last day working part-time at the coffee shop," Hoody sleepily said as she sat up and ran her fingers through her messy hair. There was a moment of silence until she heard Jessi calling out to her.
 
"Hyun Jung-ah! Are you awake yet? Well I made you breakfast since I'm leaving for my photoshoot with Dok2 now. And don't forget, we got sound check later," Jessi informed her friend.
 
"Thanks Unnie! And good luck at the photoshoot. Fighting!" Hoody shouted loud enough for Jessi to hear as she started getting herself ready.
 
An hour later, Hoody was now working her shift at the coffee shop.
 
"One Ice Americano," a customer ordered.
 
Hoody quickly served the customer, seeing a long line starting to form. Moments later, the line was gone and as the day progressed, business became chill. Then something caught her eye as she looked up from cleaning the counter. The bell chimed and walked in a good looking guy with a hat on and headphones around his neck. He was checking his surroundings as if someone was following him. Next, she finished putting the cleaning supplies away and went to the register to take his order.
 
"Hi! What can I get you?" Hyun Jung brightly smiled. After serving the guy, she decided to sit down at one of the empty tables for a little break.  Then, the manager came up to Hyun Jung and thanked her for her hard work. The manager told her that she could leave early. Soon after leaving the coffee shop, she made her way to the venue for sound check.