Enchanted

Can You Hear Me?

Despite them being labelled as "boyfriends" nothing really changed between the two. Their little dates were a little more sparse than a few months ago when they had gone to the zoo. 

Junhong and Yongguk still mainly communicated via text since that was the only way the two would be able to fully disclose their thoughts in a healthy way. Otherwise there'd be too many misunderstandings.

Junhong often overthought things and when he overanalyzed Yongguk's actions or facial expressions he'd get upset. Yongguk on the other hand often thought too hard about how to act around Junhong, taking his disability into consideration and most of the time Junhong wasn't even paying attention.

They were 4 months into their relationship and everything was going relatively well. Yongguk would join Junhong for dinner sometimes and he'd compliment his lover on the improvement of his skills.

One night whilst Junhong was sitting on his couch watching a movie he felt a vibration in his pocket. He was delighted to see a text message from Yongguk, because although no one else texted him he'd be disappointed if it was another advertisement.

 

From: Yongguk

To: Junhong

Junhong-ah, my company is holding a corporate party on Thursday, would you be interested in going as my date?

 

Junhong thinks about it for a moment. Yongguk was a composer, meaning the people at the party would be none other than musicians or composers alike as well as wealthy adults who enjoyed music.

He could imagine a serene ball room, one side covered in fancy tables topped with glass decorations and expensive food. While the other held a band and a fantastic dance floor where the people of the company could celebrate with their music.

He also thought of standing by Yongguk's side, standing tall and proud as the man's lover but he knew he couldn't do it. Not when musicians would openly question him whether music was of interest to him despite being deaf.

He could feel the pity and empathy and frankly he didn't even want to risk going through that. As much as he wanted to go and support Yongguk, he knew he wouldn't be able to do it.

It would only result in him becoming upset and Yongguk apologizing about the whole situation and it was something Junhong wanted to avoid if possible. He unlocked his phone once more and began typing a reply to Yongguk.

 

From: Junhong

To: Yongguk

I'm sorry hyung, I don't think I should go. I just don't feel comfortable about it.

 

From: Yongguk

To: Junhong

Of course baby, it's okay. I'm glad you told me honestly rather than forcing yourself.

 

From: Yongguk

To: Junhong

Unfortunately, it's something I can't skip out on. So I'll have to text you throughout to keep me company

 

Junhong smiles widely at the thought of Yongguk's cheeky smile and he nods to himself, his eyes trying not to stare at the pet name Yongguk had used. The elder was becoming much more affectionate with him and it was sweet and all but there was only so much his heart could take.

A little part of him felt sad that Yongguk would be attending all alone but the elder was bound to have some kind of friends there right? It wasn't like a composer worked all alone after all, he worked with his artists as well.

 

From: Junhong

To: Yongguk

How about you come over after the party? I'll prepare something light and we can just hang out a lil...

 

He sends the message with his lips pursed and his eyes wide in anticipation. It was the first time he was initiating a get together, most of the time Yongguk would text him to come over and they'd just sit around and do nothing.

Yongguk would tell him about his day and what is on his mind while Junhong shows the elder all of the things he wrote down in his notebook, things that he wanted to tell his lover.

 

From: Yongguk

To: Junhong

I'd love to, I'll try to leave as soon as possible haha. I gotta go for work now, Daehyun and Youngjae are attacking me with mean words :( 

 

From: Junhong

To: Yongguk

Alrighty and LOL tell them to behave xD I'll text you soon <3

 

Junhong was currently standing in his living room as he stretched and pranced around to loosen his muscles. While he was sitting down to edit some more of the novels, he felt his knee crack.

Horrified he slapped his knee a few times to get the ache out and then he realized how unfit he must be for that to have happened. So now he was doing squats and he refrained from doing jumping jacks because he did so earlier and his hand knocked into the lights above.

His eyes were practically trained on his phone which was sitting on the arm rest of the couch charging. Yongguk had left for the party about two hours ago and Junhong hadn't gotten a single text.

He didn't mind really, it must be hard going to that kind of fancy party. Especially since he'd have to go around greeting people while holding a glass of wine in his hand.

Junhong laughed to himself and he sat down on the couch, letting his imagination run wild. Yongguk would arrive at the party all dapper in his suit and tie, people would greet him and he'd politely smile back.

Then a woman would appear, someone who probably has a crush on his lover since Yongguk was quite the attractive man. They'd have some small talk and turns out they dated in past! Gasp.

Then Yongguk would come back to Junhong's home and tell him everything that happened because he couldn't hide the smell of someone else's perfume. Junhong would get overly jealous and childish before smart talking the elder.

Junhong laughed a loud at the cliche story and he fell back onto the couch, wheezing and coughing for his dear life. From all of the novels he's read, woman and men always get so jealous over past lovers who always seem to appear for plot convenience.

He found it foolish though. Wasn't a relationship all about trust? Junhong himself had insecure thoughts at the beginning, that Yongguk should be with someone who could listen to him and appreciate music with him.

But then Junhong realized that he should be able to cease his own happiness as well. If Yongguk had chosen to be with him even though there were "so many better people out there" then wouldn't he have?

Why would he choose to be with Junhong just to leave him for someone who's more handsome or skinnier, more built or less silly, someone who could hear. Junhong laughed to himself once more and he shook his head.

Some people claimed that jealously occured because they loved someone, but isn't it your own insecurities that make you jealous. He clapped his hands to indicate that he'd no longer broadcast some next lecture in his head and his phone buzzed.

 

From: Yongguk

To: Junhong

I'm finally leaving the party ugh, I'll be there in 20 minutes Junhong

 

To: Yongguk

From: Junhong

Safe trip, I'll see you soon.

 

He quickly put down his phone since it felt hot in his hands and he walked over to the kitchen. He'd taken some time to bake some small fruit tarts for the elder since he seemed to like those.

Junhong pulled them out of the fridge and began melting some chocolate to add some extra flavour. Considering the fruit was covered in a slick sugary glaze he decided to use dark chocolate and hopefully he could create some kind of flavour combination.

As Junhong was decorating the tarts he saw a shadow by his window and he looked at his phone seeing a flashing blue light, he didn't hesitate to throw open the door and he smiled when he saw Yongguk standing there.

He stepped aside to let the elder inside and returned to the kitchen counter. Yongguk comfortably took a seat on the couch and he unplugged Junhong's phone when he saw that it was finished charging.

Junhong reached for his notebook before he carried the small tray over to Yongguk and he sat down beside the elder on the couch before writing down a question about how the party was.

"Mm, fine. Just a formal get together you know, where people discuss stuff about their money. And it gives the artists a chance to shine and all that." Yongguk says while scratching his head.

"People keep asking me about who Daehyun and Youngjae are, since they always sing my demo tracks." Yongguk laughs and shakes his head, Junhong can only smile at him.

Junhong notices how Yongguk begins to loosen his tie, probably because he's uncomfortable and stuffy in it. The elder removes it swiftly before taking off his blazer and he's left in a white dress shirt.

"What have you been doing all day?" Yongguk asks and Junhong writes down one word with ease, a wide smile on his face and he feels proud about it. Yongguk raises an eyebrow,

"You've been exercising? I guess that's always good to do." Yongguk nods and Junhong follows the action. He then stares at the ceiling and closes his eyes, he can picture a disco ball or a chandelier, whatever it was that was there at the fancy parties.

"Dance with me?" Yongguk blinks in surprise as he reads Junhong's next message, the younger stands up and holds his hands out for the elder. Pleading him with a silent smile.

"I can't dance Junhong." Yongguk immediately refuses and the pout on the younger's face is hard to ignore. He sighs dramatically just so Junhong can see how much he doesn't want to do this but the sparkle in his lover's eyes are distracting.

Yongguk rests his hands on Junhong's waist and the latter lets his arms rest loosely on Yongguk's shoulders. The elder sighs once more before he slowly begins swaying and they simply sway back and forth for a few moments.

Junhong breaks out into laughter and Yongguk's face burns red, 

"I told you I can't dance!" he looks like he's been attacked and Junhong continues laughing at him. Their laughter dies down and they slowly meet each other's gaze.

A comfortable silence between them as they continue swaying lightly to nothing. The soft glow of Junhong's kitchen light dawns upon them and Yongguk gently cups the younger's cheek.

Junhong leans into the touch and he clenches his eyes shut, his lips shaking as they pucker. He can feel Yongguk's body trembling beneath his arms and when he opens his eyes he can see Yongguk laughing at him.

"Relax." he says and Junhong smiles before he does the same pose, but with less force and more ease this time. He feels soft lips touch his own and his breath hitches as Yongguk pushes against him gently.

Junhong pulls the elder closer to feel more of his warmth and they both fall into a rhythm. Lips meshing together comfortably as they kiss, Yongguk can feel his lover smiling between their kisses and it makes his heart feel light.

 

Junhong remained completely still as he watched Yongguk sleeping soundly beside him. He watched curiously as the man's chest rose softly when he inhaled and how it sunk as he exhaled.

It wasn't often that the elder stayed over like this but it did happen once in awhile. In the early hours of the morning Junhong's thoughts run wild and his doubts come to life.

He wonders if Yongguk is really beside him, whether the elder could be real with only four senses. Junhong sighs and snuggles closer, trying to rid his head of useless thoughts.

Junhong "listens" to the sound of Yongguk's heartbeat to calm himself down that night. And he falls into a soundless sleep.

 

Enchanted - Taylor Swift

 

--------------------------------------

A/N

I've been reading a lot of fics lately and I always get annoyed when a character gets overly jealous over a past lover xD I dunno why, so I kinda projected through Junhong

You may think his personality has changed after meeting Yongguk but not really. He's just a lil more confident through his catharsis in the last chapter :)

Yongguk isn't "fixing" him in any way, Junhong still has his insecurities and troubles he's just less focused on them. He's still fighting with his thoughts a lot, and I used this chapter to show how much he really thinks aha

Also, if you guys thought the last chapter was sweet and fluffy just wait until you read the epilogue ;D

Which should be up tmr~

- Airi