Good-bye Summer

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUeaPWwZ50k

Suran: In your dreams

---------------------------

One sunny Friday morning, Yoonjung came back from her daily jog with Banggeul and overheard her father talking on the phone in the kitchen. Judging from his sweet, low tone, he was talking to Ms. Lim.

“Yes. I’ll ask her. I miss you, too. I love you, too, honey.”

Yoonjung smiled. He sounds just like me when I talk to Mark. Like father, like daughter.

Banggeul whined as he scrambled forward.

“All right, you big dork. You’re even stronger than Janggeun was. Hold on. Let me just take this off.” She unclasped the leash from his collar, and he went running straight for his water bowl. Her father appeared with a surprised smile. “You’re back. You two came back faster than usual today.”

“Should we have stayed out a bit longer so that you can finish talking to your honey?” Yoonjung teased.

Her father grew abashed. “You heard, huh?”

Yoonjung giggled, “Yeah, I did, but I think it’s rather cute. Not lame at all.”

“You need to stop teasing me,” her father sighed, obviously still mortified.

Yoonjung lightly patted his shoulder. “Hey, it’s a beautiful thing to be in love.”

Her father smiled. “Like how you’re in love with Mark?”

“Bingo.” Yoonjung winked and shot him a heart.

Her father laughed and lightly ruffled her hair. “Look at us. We’re both fools in love.”

Yoonjung beamed. “So what did you want to ask me? You told Ms. Lim you would ask me something.”

“Oh, that’s right. She wanted to come over tonight and make us dinner. Will that be all right with you?” Her father asked.

Yoonjung nodded eagerly. “Of course! I love her cooking!”

Her father beamed. “So do I.”

“I’ll go and wash up then.” Yoonjung headed upstairs with Banggeul racing behind her. Her phone rang, and she smiled when she saw the photo of Mark smiling up at her. “You’re just on time. I just came into my room,” Yoonjung answered.

“Good morning, baby.”

“Good morning.”

“You came back from running?”

“Yeah and walked in on my dad sweet-talking his girlfriend,” Yoonjung giggled.

Mark chuckled, “That’s cute.”

“I know. They make a good pair,” Yoonjung agreed. “Ms. Lim is coming over for dinner tonight. She’s going to cook for us.” “That sounds fun. I hope you have a good time with her.”

“Do you want to join us?”

“I do, but I’m actually meeting up with my roommate Stephen. We actually found a good apartment near the university, so we’re going to check it out. We might eat dinner afterwards, too.”

“Oh my gosh! That’s great,” Yoonjung said.

“I know. Now you can come over anytime,” Mark said.

Yoonjung smiled and then sighed wistfully, “I wish I was living in an apartment with my old roommates. I’m stuck in the dorm again, and I don’t know who my roommates are this time.”

“Whoever they are, they’re lucky to have you as a roommate.”

“Awww, you sweet-talker. You’re like my dad. They say daughters usually meet men who are like their fathers. I guess that’s you,” Yoonjung giggled.

Mark laughed along, “I guess so.”

“I need to take a shower, so I’ll talk to you later,” Yoonjung said.

“Okay. Bye. Love you.”

“Love you more,” she answered before hanging up.

A second later, Mark sent her a text message. ‘Not possible.’

“Oh, Mark Tuan…” Yoonjung shook her head with a huge smile on her face.

 

Ding dong.

Banggeul barked as he rushed downstairs.

“Banggeul, come here,” Yoonjung commanded.

Banggeul whimpered and reluctantly raced back up to her. Her father chuckled and shook his head as he went to answer the door.

Yoonjung picked up Banggeul and whispered in his cute, pointy ear, “Have you no tact? Come on. Have some sense.” She peeked down to see Ms. Lim come in. Her father exchanged a couple words with her and then they smiled and leaned in to kiss each other. Yoonjung felt shy for some reason and buried her face in Banggeul’s fur.

“Yoonjung, come down,” her father called.

“Coming!” Yoonjung put Banggeul on the floor. “Now you can go.”

Banggeul raced downstairs. He barked at Ms. Lim a couple times and allowed her to scratch his ear before he loped back by Yoonjung’s side.

“Hi, Ms. Lim.” Yoonjung smiled. “Hi, Yoonjung. How was your Hong Kong trip?” Ms. Lim smiled.

“It was pretty great,” Yoonjung admitted. “Tell me all about it while I make dinner,” Ms. Lim encouraged her to come into the kitchen.

“I’ll help,” Yoonjung said as she washed her hands in the sink.

Together, they chopped vegetables and prepared for the chicken casserole.

“It sounded like you had a lot of fun.”

“I did! I got to see my friends, too, so I was happy.”

“I bet they missed you.” Ms. Lim sighed, “I envy you. You get to travel a lot. I never left the country before.”

“Never?” Yoonjung stared at her. “Ever,” Ms. Lim confirmed with a smile.

“You should go…with my dad,” Yoonjung hinted. Ms. Lim smiled warmly. “That would be nice. You can come with us, too. We can go to an island and swim there while we ditch your dad to sleep at the hotel.”

Yoonjung giggled, “That sounds like a plan.”

“What sounds like a plan?” Her father came in out of nowhere.

“Ditching you,” Ms. Lim spoke honestly.

“What?!” Her father looked baffled.

At his expression, Ms. Lim and Yoonjung laughed.

“It’s a girls’ thing, dad,” Yoonjung said with a wink.

Banggeul came into the kitchen and stood on his hind legs. Ms. Lim gave a part of a boiled chicken to Yoonjung who fed it to Banggeul.

“You shouldn’t feed the dog here,” her father sighed.

“It’s just a little bit,” Yoonjung and Ms. Lim said at the same time and then laughed.

Her father smiled and shook his head. “Sometimes, I can’t tell the difference between you two.”

Ms. Lim and Yoonjung smiled at each other.

That night, Yoonjung had just climbed into bed when Mark requested for a video chat.

Yoonjung smiled as she held up her phone. “Why do you have such perfect timing?”

Mark smiled at her. “I don’t know. I have a sixth sense when it comes to you.”

Yoonjung teased, “Creepy. You’re an alien.”

“If I’m an alien, you’re an angel.”

“Oh my gosh. It’s embarrassing.”

“You’re so cute, baby,” Mark adored.

Yoonjung peeked throug her fingers and giggled. “Are you in bed, too?”

“Yeah.” Yoonjung lifted his phone higher to show her.

“Hold on. Is that…?” Yoonjung peered at the screen.

Mark followed her gaze and looked back. “Oh. Yeah. Your photo.” He took it and held it up.

“Oh my god! When is that from?! I don’t remember taking that photo!” She blushed at the cheesy photo of her smiling in a summer dress.

“I do. I remember it clearly. It was the first time I saw you in a dress outside of school,” Mark said.

“Oh my gosh…” Yoonjung put the phone down and screamed silently into her pillow.

“Babe, I can’t see you,” Mark remarked

. “Sorry.” Yoonjung picked up the phone again. “I’ll give you a new photo. Put that away.”

“I don’t care if you give me a hundred photos. I’m keeping this one,” Mark said as he held the photo dearly to his chest.

“Mark…” Yoonjung sighed.

“This is the only photo I have next to my bed…aside from my mother’s, that is,” he confessed. She softened. “Mark…” I shouldn’t even ask about a family photo. His stepmother hates his guts, and his father is no better. “I should keep a photo of you next to me, too. How about that one in sophmore year when you were having a bad pimple day?”

Mark groaned, “I can’t win you.”

Yoonjung chuckled, “I’m only kidding. I don’t know where that photo is anymore.”

“Good, or else I would’ve burned it.”

“I want to burn that photo of me in a summer dress.”

“You’ll have to burn me first.”

“I guess it’s not happening,” Yoonjung sighed.

Mark grinned. He tilted his head and studied her face.

“What?” Yoonjung asked.

“I just wonder what you ate to make yourself look so beautiful,” Mark said.

“Oh my gosh. Go to sleep, Mark,” Yoonjung commanded.

“All right. I’ll hang up now. Sweet dreams, baby.” Mark kissed the screen and whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Yoonjung said with a wave and hung up. She watched as Banggeul struggled to come up onto her bed. “Cutie pie.” She bent down and picked him up. She gave him a kiss, turned the light off, and snuggled against him. “Good night, Banggeul…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kyPki2Pkgg

Sistar: Touch My Body

-----------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter