No More Fair Play

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWj0aWQbmvU

Lyn: Miss You...Crying...

--------------------------------------------

Yoonjung ran a brush quickly through her hair and gathered her books.

She couldn’t believe she was late to class. She blamed herself.

She had tossed and turned in bed until four in the morning when she had finally cried herself to sleep.

Now she looked swollen and messy, and on top of that, she was about to be late for her organic chemistry test.

Yoonjung texted Dajung that she was on her way and would meet her in front of their dormitory. Yoonjung hastened down the stairs two at a time and almost fell at the last step. Cursing softly, she reached the exit and stepped out. She started running but came to an abrupt halt.

Mark was sitting on the bench right across from the door. Her mind raced as her heart beat terribly fast in her chest. Before she could think about fighting or fleeing, he looked up, and they locked eyes.

Yoonjung swallowed hard.

Mark looked even more terrible than she did. His eyes were slightly red, and she had never seen him with a shadow of hair on his face before. He stood up slowly and just stared at her. “Yoonjung…” Mark said softly.

“Yoonjung!” Dajung appeared and grabbed her arm. “Let’s go- oh…”

Dajung glanced between the troubled couple and bit her lower lip. She knew everything that had happened between the two, so she couldn’t honestly push Yoonjung to Mark. On top of that, they were late.

Dajung squeezed Yoonjung’s arm. “We need to go, or we’ll be really late…”

Yoonjung looked away from Mark and allowed Dajung to lead her away.

“I’ll be waiting here,” Mark blurted, causing Yoonjung to freeze.

“Take your time. I’ll…I’ll be waiting here, Yoonjung. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be right here…for you.” His words had a double meaning to them. Her eyes filled with tears, but she refused to let them fall and walked away with Dajung.

“You okay?” Dajung asked softly. “I’m fine,” Yoonjung lied.

“Hey, you guys!” Joohyuk came running out in full panic mode. “Hurry! You know Professor Lee hates it when we’re late-“ His face fell when he saw Yoonjung’s tears. “What happened? What’s wrong, Yoonjung?” He grasped her arm and examined her face. His expression hardened. “Your boyfriend, right? He’s here? Where? I’ll give him a piece of my mind-“

Dajung stopped him. “Stop it. We have an important exam, remember?”

“But-“

“Come on. You, too, Yoonjung.” Dajung pushed both of them into the classroom.

Yoonjung had a feeling she was going to fail this exam.

 

Yup. I failed. All I could think about during the test was how much I resent and miss Mark. God, I’m a loser.

Yoonjung stared out the window with a melancholy expression. Her friends chattered at the table besides her, but she couldn’t pick up a word they were saying.

“How’d you on your test?” Seulli smiled at Yoonjung, but her face fell when she realized what had happened to Yoonjung before the test. “I-I’m sorry.”

Inna sighed sourly. “I don’t know why you’re so hung up over your boyfriend. Clearly, he’s not the one for you.”

“But last year, you said they were perfect together,” Seulli pointed out.

“That’s BEFORE I realized the son of a had a fiance!” Inna hissed.

Yoonjung looked at her, and she looked flustered. “Sorry. I was just so pissed.”

“Seo Yoonjung,” Joohyuk punched his palm. “Just say the word, and he’ll be off this planet!”

“Weren’t you the one who screamed during Train to Busan?” Dajung raised an eyebrow at him.

“Hush!” Joohyuk put a finger in front of his mouth. “We promised to never mention that again, remember?”

The girls giggled.

Yoonjung smiled a little bit, but her heart wasn’t put into it. Uneasily, she glanced at her phone. She had been making Mark wait for three hours now. She didn’t want to make him wait anymore, but at the same time, she was too scared to approach him. Stop being a coward and just go. He owes you an explanation, and you owe him a chance. Go. Yoonjung made up her mind and collected her things. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“You’re going to him?” Inna frowned. “Good lucky,” Sulli cheered.

“Call me if you need me!” Joohyuk formed a phone with his thumb and pinky and waved at her. Dajung gave her a sympathetic smile as well.

Yoonjung wave and headed to her dormitory.

There, she found Mark, waiting at the same bench he had been sitting on this morning. She softened as guilt engulfed her. Carefully, she approached him. Mark saw her shoes and lifted up his gaze. Surprise lit up his face, and he hastily stood up. “Yoonjung…”

Yoonjung kept her gaze pinned on the ground. For now, she couldn’t look at his eyes. “Did you eat yet?”

Mark softened and shook his head. “No…”

“Let’s go.” Yoonjung led the way.

Mark paused for a couple seconds before following behind her. They arrived at a casual but quiet Korean restaurant not too far from her university.

Mark watched as she set spoon and chopsticks in front of him.

“Eat,” she said quietly and picked up her own spoon. He picked up his spoon but just sat there watching her. She tried hard to ignore him and continued to sip her soup.

“It’s a misunderstanding,” Mark whispered, causing her to freeze. She lowered her spoon and swallowed hard, although there was nothing in . “Yoonjung-“

“Let’s talk after we eat,” she said as her voice wavered.

“Okay, baby. Whatever you want,” he whispered.

It was obvious she was really hurt, and that in turn hurt him. He pushed the side dishes towards her and put more rice in her bowl.

“Eat a lot. Eat slowly,” Mark advised.

Yoonjung forced a spoonful of rice in and sniffled as she wiped a stray tear falling down her cheek.

Mark wordlessly handed her a napkin.

Yoonjung whispered a soft thank you before wiping her tear away and continuing to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWeWx1yxMM

Jonghyun feat. Taeyeon: Lonely

----------------------------------------

Mark and Yoonjung were now at a café. It was kind of loud, but it was less noisy in their corner.

“Let me ask you one thing,” Yoonjung said out of the blue. Mark nodded softly. “Anything.”

Yoonjung finally looked into his eyes. “Is Tzuyu your fiance?”

Mark knew the time had come to reveal the truth. He locked his hands on top of the table and didn’t avoid her eyes as he answered her question. “That’s what she considers herself. That’s what my father considers her, too. Everyone may consider her that, but not me. I never thought of her as my fiance. Ever.”

Yoonjung’s eyes dimmed with the truth. She lowered her gaze once more, but he reached out and grasped her hand to hold her gaze. She looked into his eyes that showed nothing but desperation and honesty.

“I’m serious, Yoonjung. When I said you’re the only girl I ever loved, I was speaking the truth. I really don’t think of Tzuyu as anything. She means nothing to me. Nothing,” he repeated the last word.

“She said she’s your first kiss,” Yoonjung pointed out.

“You’re my first love. Isn’t that more important?” Mark questioned.

So she really is your first kiss. She wasn’t lying. She was telling the truth. I don’t know what to make of this, Yoonjung thought as she sighed in slight annoyance and looked far off into the distance. There was a couple being lovey-dovey at one of the center tables. They were taking selfies and laughing over nothing. She missed that kind of normal love. That girl is lucky. At least her boyfriend doesn’t have a fiance who also happens to be his first kiss.

Yoonjung became surprised when Mark was blocking her view. He had come to sit at the edge of the table that was adjacent to hers. Mark took her right hand in both of his. “I know she hurt you with those photos.”

“Hurt is an underestimation, Mark,” Yoonjung truthfully said as she pulled her hand away and frowned at him. “I was devastated. And when she visited me to tell me that she was your fiance and that I had to back off? I can’t even describe how I felt then.”

“She said what?” Mark hissed as his eyes narrowed.

Yoonjung held up a hand to stop him and sighed. Now she was just plain angry and resentful. “Forget it. What she said isn’t important. The truth of the matter is you lied to me, Mark.” She looked into his eyes that were now filled with anxiousness and hurt. “You withheld information from me. You didn’t answer my calls and messages because of her. All this time, I thought it was because you were busy. I feel so…so…stupid.” Her shoulders slumped with defeat.

Mark his lips nervously. How was he supposed to make all of this feel better?

His phone buzzed, and they both glanced at the screen.

She frowned. It was Tzuyu.

He almost threw his phone against the wall but just turned it over.

“Look-“

His phone buzzed nonstop.

She reached for her bag, and in a spur of moment, he dropped his phone in his coffee.

Even Yoonjung was shocked now. “Mark Tuan!”

“I need you to listen to me without anyone bothering us,” Mark said seriously.

Yoonjung softened. She lowered her hands in her lap and patiently waited.

“I know you’re disappointed in me. I know I let you down. I’m sorry I withheld  information. This is all my fault, baby. I’m sorry,” he apologized. “But just know that Tzuyu, or any other girl for that matter, doesn’t mean anything to me. You’re the only girl I ever loved. You’re my first love, and I intend to make you my last. If there’s anyone who deserves to be my fiance, it’s you. Do you understand?”

She softened visibly. “Mark…”

Mark took her hand and cradled it between his hands once more. “I love you and only you. I love you so much, Yoonjung. Don’t you know?”

“I do. I do know. But it’s just so hard…to know you have a fiance…” Tears were welling up in her eyes once more.

“I’m going to fix that soon. I’ll get rid of the thorn in my side. You just have to put up with it a little bit. You can do that for me, can’t you, baby girl?” Mark gently wiped her tears away.

Yoonjung gave in. She couldn’t stay angry and distant at Mark for too long. He was much too important to her, and she loved him as much as he loved her. If not, more. Yoonjung gave him a tearful smile and nodded. “I guess I can.”

Mark smiled in relief. “That’s my girl.”

Yoonjung reached up and gently his facial here. “But you’re not my boy. You’re a man.”

“A rugged, y man,” he corrected.

“A rugged, homeless man,” she fixed.

“Hey,” Mark complained.

Yoonjung chuckled softly. Her gaze floated down to his hands, and her expression crumbled. “Your hand…”

Mark followed her gaze. “Oh…” The traces of last night’s anger were evident on his broken, burised knuckles. He covered them up with his other hand. “It’s nothing. I kind of got angry and…you know me.”

Yoonjung gently peeled his hand away from his wounds and softly kissed them. Mark softened. “Yoonjung…”

Yoonjung cupped his broken fist and smiled tenderly. “I do know you…which is why I should have believed you. I’m sorry.”

Mark shook his head and covered one of her hands with his. “No, I’m sorry.”

Yoonjung glanced at his phone and laughed, “You might need a new phone.”

“I believe I do,” Mark sighed. “Come on. Let’s go.” He got up and took her hand.

“When are you leaving?” Yoonjung asked. Mark squeezed her hand. “Not for a while.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkuoFSVWVv0

Electroboyz feat. Nana: Ma Boy

-----------------------------------------------

Mark washed his hands and came out of the bathroom. He stopped to watch Yoonjung as she washed the carrots at the sink.

They had come back to his apartment for dinner, and she was going to fulfill his wish of wanting to eat curry. He tilted his head in wonder, and a proud, serene smile lit up his entire face. He felt like what had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter