Heartbreak

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsT5pAQ2-lk

Lyn: Breakable Heart

-----------------------------------------------

“Hi, I’m Chou Tzuyu, Mark Tuan’s fiancé.”

“Hi, I’m Chou Tzuyu, Mark Tuan’s fiancé.”

“Hi, I’m Chou Tzuyu, Mark Tuan’s fiancé.”

Those words wouldn’t stop ringing in Yoonjung’s head.

The information was too much to bear, and she just stood there drawing a blank.

Her heart pounded fiercely in panic in her chest, and she just couldn’t do anything but stare with a humiliating expression at the gorgeous girl who claimed herself to be her boyfriend’s fiancé.

twitched, but no words came out.

The smug smirk on Tzuyu’s face pulled her self-esteem down by another notch.

Before Yoonjung could think of doing anything, Luhan grabbed her back and reeled her protectively behind him. “Who are you?”

Tzuyu gave him a pleasant smile. “I told you. I’m Chou Tzuyu, Mark Tuan’s fiancé.”

Luhan narrowed his eyes in distrust. “Mark Tuan, from what I know, doesn’t have a fiancé.”

“Then you don’t know him very well.” Tzuyu gave him a mocking pitiful look.

“She’s Mark’s girlfriend,” Luhan declared as he nodded back at Yoonjung.

“I know,” Tzuyu deadpanned. “And I’m his fiancé. Who do you think is higher up the ladder?”

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows at her bold declaration.

“Luhan…” Yoonjung squeezed his arm gently. “Give me a minute with her.”

Luhan gave her a doubtful look. “I don’t think that’s a good idea-“

“I know her,” Yoonjung said calmly. Luhan looked even more baffled now. “You do?”

Yoonjung nodded. “Let’s go get lunch another time.”

Luhan wanted to argue. He wanted to protect and shelter her from whatever was coming her way, but he knew he was crossing the line and reluctantly stepped back. “I’ll be around.” Luhan shot Tzuyu a nasty look. “Call me if you need me. I’ll be here.” He backed away then walked off.

Tzuyu smirked and crossed her arms. “Seems like Mark wasn’t the only one with a skeleton in the closet.”

Yoonjung swallowed hard. “Who are you?” She whispered.

“I thought you already knew me.” Tzuyu tilted her head as her smile widened.

Yoonjung came to her senses, and her eyes narrowed. The girl’s cocky, bratty attitude was starting to get under her skin. “I’ve seen you before, but you could just be my boyfriend’s stalker for all I know. Why did you send those photos to me?”

Tzuyu’s grin only widened. “Why do you think? So you can back off.”

Yoonjung became enraged.

How dare this strange woman try to come between her and her man? Who does she think she is?

“I think you’re the one who needs to back off here,” Yoonjung quipped. “You have no idea what you’re getting into. Mark and I-“

“Go way back. The two of you met in freshman year of high school. In fact, you approached him first. Ever since then, he harbored close feelings for you, but you were too ignorant and stupid to realize them and went off to date another friend of yours only to get with Mark last year when you finally realized his feelings with that pea-sized brain of yours,” Tzuyu snorted.

The insults flew over Yoonjung’s head. She was too dumbfounded how this stranger knew about their past.

“Who…are you?”

“Like I said, I’m Mark’s fiancé.” Tzuyu crossed her arms. “And his first kiss.”

That made Yoonjung pale, and her self-confidence dipped even lower at the realization that this girl may not be “nothing” to Mark actually.

“I’ve known Mark before you have, and I was his first kiss. You may be his first girlfriend, but remember that if he hadn’t come here, we would’ve been together instead. But we’re engaged, and I’m his fiancé now. So it seems like you have no idea what you’re getting into.” The smirk on her face made Yoonjung take a step back as if she had been slapped in the face.

“Why else do you think he was sent to Taiwan? For business? Please.” Tzuyu rolled her eyes. “Our marriage had been decided from the beginning. You were just there to distract him for the past few years. He was meant to end up with me.”

Yoonjung shook her head. “That’s not true.”

“You say that, but I see doubt in your eyes. This is why Mark hasn’t been contacting you in Taiwan. He didn’t want to break your heart by telling you the truth, so I came to do it for him. As you know, he’s a softie.”

“No, he’s not. He’s honest, and he’s mine,” Yoonjung said through gritted teeth.

“You keep telling that to yourself, but you and I both know the truth.” Tzuyu shrugged.

Yoonjung clenched her palms by her sides and took deep breaths to keep from bursting into tears in front of her.

“Anyways, I came to tell you to back off. Mark is bound to be mine. If you want to prevent yourself from a further heartbreak, I suggest you let him go.” Tzuyu put her shades on and waved her dainty fingers. “I’ll tell Mark you said hi.” She walked away, leaving Yoonjung standing there stunned with a jagged crack in her bandaged heart.

She didn’t think she could get another heartbreak so easily after the whole JB fiasco last year.

And Mark was the last one she thought would ever hurt her like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RztSYIeUHz8

Luhan: On Call

-------------------------------

Yoonjung wanted to skip out on her internship, but she had already called out twice because of Mark already, so she didn’t want to seem irresponsible by ditching again. So, even though she was distracted and heartbroken, she still went. Fortunately, the animal rehabiliatation center closed early, and she was able to leave earlier than planned.

“Yo!” Hands grabbed her shoulders from behind and gave her a gentle shake.

Yoonjung looked back. “Joohyuk.”

He grinned and straightened the strap of his bag. “Good timing, huh? We got off at the same time at our internships. That’s called destiny, you know.”

“Or maybe it’s called coincidence,” she quipped midlly.

“You know how to put a man down,” he joked. She smiled softly and continued to walk.

He caught up with her and examined her face. “You okay?”

“Huh?” She looked up at him.

“You seem a bit off.” “Oh, just distracted.”

“Because of midterms?” “No.”

“Homework?” “No.”

“Your roommates? I heard you got terrible ones this year, especially that girl who takes your things without your permission.”

“You heard about Gyoori huh?” Yoonjung chuckled softly.

“Dajung told me,” Joohyuk said. “Is it her again? Did she take your stuff? You tell me what she looks like, and I’ll give her a taste of her own medicine.” He stretched his fingers and pretended to punch the air in front of him.

“Thanks, but no thanks. Besides, it’s not her,” Yoonjung revealed.

Joohyuk lowered his hands. “Then what is it about?”

“Just something.” Yoonjung shrugged lightly.

“Okay, you don’t want to tell me. I get it when I’m not important enough to talk to.” Joohyuk crossed his arms and sulked. Yoonjung laughed lightly as she squeezed his arm. “It’s not that, and you know it. I just need some time organizing my thoughts.”

“Want to do that over dinner? I know a place that makes mean pork cutlets,” Joohyuk offered as he jabbed his thumb towards the opposite direction.

“No, thanks. I’m not hungry,” Yoonjung rejected him as kindly as possible.

“Okay, I see now. I’m not important enough to eat with, too. We’re not friends anymore, Seo Yoonjung.” Joohyuk started walking away. He stopped and looked back. The contemplative, disheartened expression on his face made him come back to her. “Hey, are you really okay?”

“I don’t know, honestly,” Yoonjung revealed.

Joohyuk softened and put an arm around her. “Whatever is going on, I hope it works out. Remember, you can call me anytime. Call me when you’re bored, too. We’ll get a bunch of food with Dajung and watch horror movies that make me scream like a girl.”

Yoonjung chuckled softly and nodded gratefully. “I’ll take your offer. Thanks.”

 

Yoonjung was sitting at her desk at the dormitory with her homework sprawled out. She wasn’t doing it though. All she was doing was staring at Mark’s contact on her phone. Her thumb had been frozen over the call button for twenty minutes now.

Call him. Ask him. You can talk to him. Come on. He’s your boyfriend. So what if he’s engaged? So what if that girl is his first love? So what…if the two of you aren’t meant to have your happily ever after…?

The phone rang out of the blue, and she nearly jumped out of her skin. She gasped when she saw Mark’s name show up. She hadn’t expected him to actually call her after keeping silent all this time. Yoonjung dropped the phone and literally scooted away from the chair. She stared at phone with a mixture of horr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter