Love Story Like Ours

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1zL2dMZMyM

San E. ft. Baek Yerin: Me You

----------------------------------

Yoonjung leaned her stiff neck back and closed her eyes for a brief moment before sighing, “I hate finals.”

November had come and gone in the blink of an eye.

Now, it was time for final exams, and all students, including her, were stressed to the max. There was even tension in this lovely, cozy café as students were hudled over their books and laptop to cram more information into their weary brains. Yoonjung looked at her biology, chemistry, and math books and heaved a deeper sigh as her shoulders dragged downwards.

Across from her, Mark looked at her with a mixture of pity and amusement. He put a hand over hers and asked, “You okay, baby?”

“Barely,” she mumbled. He gave her hand a squeeze. “Would you feel better if I got you more coffee?”

“You read my mind.” Yoonjung softly smiled.

“Same black coffee?” Mark asked as he grabbed his wallet.

“I want something sweet now,” Yoonjung admitted.

“White chocolate mocha latte it is then.” Mark left.

Yoonjung beamed and watched him go up to the counter with hearts spilling out of her eyes. He was gorgeous, smart, caring, and sweet. She knew she was extremely blessed to have him…and so did every other girl in this room.

Her eyes roamed around the café in disbelief.

Every pair of eyes that belonged to a female was on Mark.

They were watching him with much interest, like they wanted to devour him.

A few girls leaned in and started to gossip about how good-looking he was and how they wished he was single.

They giggled, and one even had the gall to take pictures of Mark as he waited by the counter for her drink.

How can he be oblivious to all the girls he’s attracting? He must be doing that on purpose. Oh my gosh, Mark Tuan. Yoonjung shook her head.

Soon, Mark returned with her sweet drink and another cup of regular coffee for him.

Yoonjung tapped her pen on the paper as she leaned towards him with suspicious eyes.

“What?” Mark blinked.

“You know, huh?"

 “Know what?”

“How attractive you are.”

“…What?”

“I bet you’re enjoying how every girl is checking you out,” Yoonjung said as she leaned back with a casual shrug as she pinned her eyes on her chemistry notes.

Mark looked around the room and caught some women looking away and giggling when his gaze passed over them. Oh. He looked at Yoonjung, saw her stiffened shoulders and unhappily pressed lips, and grinned. “Someone’s jealous.”

“Who? Me? No,” Yoonjung scoffed. “I just wanted to point out how you’re attracting all the women like bees to a honey. Not a problem for me. Might be a problem for you though.”

“Oh, I have no problem with that,” Mark assured with a sweet smile.

Yoonjung shot him a glare. “I knew you were enjoying this.”

“Not exactly, but it’s not a problem either.”

“Whatever.”

“Want to know what I have a problem with though?” Mark inquired as he leaned forward with his arms crossed on the table.

Yoonjung gave him a curious look.

“With the way you’re attracting all the guys in this café,” Mark said.

“What?” Now Yoonjung was startled. Her eyes started to wildly flit around the room, as if she was looking for some kind of killer.

“Yeah. You might not have noticed, but I did. The moment you stepped into this room in your short knit dress, all males in the room have been directing their attention towards you.”

“Nuh-uh.”

“Uh-huh.”

“No way.”

“Yes. And I hate it.”

“What?” Yoonjung blinked in surprise at the vehemence in his voice.

Mark plopped into the seat that was adjacent to her side and leaned forward.

“I hate the way they check out what’s mine. I hate the way they might be imagining doing inappropriate things to you. I hate the way they’re trying to figure out a way to get to you even though I’m right here.” He started to smile sweetly at her, and she felt his large, warm hand on her left thigh. “But I love it that they can see me do this to you and know they wish to be in my shoes but can’t.”

Yoonjung crinkled up her nose and lightly poked the end of his. “You’re evil.”

“I know.” Mark kissed her softly.

Yoonjung looked around and frowned in confusion. “But you’re delusional. There are hardly any guys in this café, and they’re mostly paying attention to something else. They don’t have any interest in me that way.”

“Want to bet?”

“Bet?” She turned her face towards him.

“Take your things and go sit outside. Pretend you’re waiting for someone. One of these guys will approach you and ask you out.”

“No way.”

“So make the bet.”

“…What are we betting on?” Yoonjung raised an eyebrow.

“If I win, you grant me a wish. If you win, I’ll grant you a wish. Do we have a deal?” Mark held out his hand. He seemed extremely confident about this.

Not wanting to back down, Yoonjung accepted. “Fine.” She gathered her things, gave him a fishy look, and left. She sat on a bench that was still in the view of the café and took out her phone to appear busy.

Ten minutes passed by, and she was still alone. Nothing had happened.

“This is ridiculous,” Yoonjung muttered. She had obviously won the bet. She was about to go back into the café when a shadow fell over her.

Yoonjung thought it was Mark and pointed out, “See? I won-“

She froze.

A tall boy with black hair wearing a black leather jacket was staring down at her with an inviting smile.

She recognized him as one of the guys from the café who had been sitting alone by the door.

Her shoulders fell. Mark was right.

Her eyes flitted to the café window.

Mark looked at her with a satisfied smile and winked at her.

Damn it, she cursed. He won the bet! No, wait! He didn’t even ask me out! A-ha! See! I won-

“You’re very pretty.”

“O-Oh, thank you-“

“If you’re free, I’d like to take you out to eat.”

“Oh…” Shoot. Forget it. Mark won. Hands down.

Yoonjung looked at Mark who was laughing at her dumbfounded, perplexed expression now.

“No, thank you. I have to go.” She got up, but the stranger blocked her path. “How about next time then? If you give me your number, I’ll definitely call you.”

And I’ll definitely block you. “I can’t. I actually have a-“

“Wifey.” Mark came over. He ignored the guy completely as he walked over to her with a gallant smile. He held out a hand. “Come on. Let’s go home.”

The guy stared at her. “You’re married?”

Yoonjung shook her head. “Oh, no, I’m not, but he is my boy-“

“The kids are waiting for us. Come on.” Mark grabbed her hand and tugged her away.

Yoonjung looked back. The guy had lost interest in her already.

“Oh my gosh, Mark Tuan! What did you do? You made it look like I’m married to you!”

“You will be. One day,” Mark promised.

Yoonjung softened as her knees turned to goo. He turned sweet at the strangest times, making her incapable of getting annoyed at him.

“So…” Mark smiled at her. “I was right, wasn’t I?”

“Yeah…”

“So I won.”

“You did.”

“So I get a wish.”

“What am I? A genie?” Yoonjung snorted.

Mark lifted up her hand and gently bit her finger.

“Mark!” Yoonjung whacked his arm.

Mark smiled. “My wish?”

“Yeah, you get it,” Yoonjung sighe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter