Bullied

Reading your lips

He laughed and his laugh didn't end with the usual cough that YongGuk unexplicably get after a laugh.

 

« You are right. » The person said with his less deeper voice than YongGuk.

 

She sighed out of relief. Before realizing.

 

« I'm YongJoon his twin, YongGuk is the pale corpse you'll find on the left room of the first level. »

 

Yongjoon considered the small girl staring at him. She seemed really shocked by his existence. « Are you the person he refers to as Hyung ? »

 

YongJoon chuckled. « That's right. I was born eleven minutes before him. »

 

Eunji stayed silent, looking away after he said that, making YongJoon uncomfortable. He waved his hands in front of her eyes, surprising her. « Are you fine, hmmm ....  Eunji ? That's your name right ? »

 

She nodded ; staring at him. YongJoon felt slightly awkward, she was piercing his soul with those eyes. Suddenly, she raised her hand and he took the bag she handed him. Eunji smiled lightly . « Just bring him those please. I need to go really quick.  Bye. »

 

YongJoon looked at the girl leave and turned back to Minah.  « You should do the same. » He said with a calm yet strict voice, making Minah whine.

 

« Oppa that's not what you think, she's the … bully I just defended myself. »

 

He pated her head. « Until YongGuk tell me what's really going out between his girlfriend and you, you're not allowed in this house. »

 

He  closed the doors behind him. He found infusions, honey and a hot boiling soup in the bag. That looked yummy and the intention was sweet. 'YongGuk really found himself a caring girlfriend.' He entered the room of his twin with the bag, after preparing a tea bag for him and sat on his side of the bed, making YongGuk wake up groggy. He decided to ditch school the day before when YongGuk lost his voice for a while. He couldn't let his twin alone in the house being this sick. So he stayed this Monday, ignoring his coach calls.

 

« Eunji is really cute. »

 

YongGuk looked at him dumbfounded, trying to find how his twin discovered that fact. « Did you look into my phone pictures ? »

 

« She came deliver that to you. »

 

YongGuk nodded and had a smile looking at the heavy bag she brought. YongJoon added. « She thought that I was you fro a few seconds, then she stared at me and told me that I wasn't YongGuk. She's a genius. I love to trick people and I didn't trick her. »

 

YongGuk bite his lips and frowned. « I didn't even told her I had a twin. »

 

YongJoon put the bowl in his hand and handed the spoon to YongGuk. « For real ? »

 

« I thought that she wouldn't be able to tell us apart. Like Minah." YongGuk revealed. He had no desire to see Eunji hug YongJoon thinking that she was hugging her boyfriend. This would be a real nightmare.

 

His brother nodded. « She knows Minah. Even if they don't seem in good terms. Minah insulted her. »

 

« What ? »

 

« She told her that she was basically a attention-. That she was a liar, that she's not deaf. »

 

YongGuk sighed. « I always sensed that Minah was the stereotype of the bully. »

 

« Do you think that I should break up with her ? » YongJoon asked.

 

« You shouldn't have date her in the first place. Jihyun was a way better girlfriend to you and a better human being. »The younger said wisely, making his twin laugh.

 

« Now eat  the soup your lovely girlfriend brought to you. » YongJoon said, ruffling his hair.

 

*

 

He came at school the day after. He sat next to Eunji that didn't look at him in the whole class. He gulped. This promised the task to be difficult. She removed her hearing aids as soon as the break started and left the classroom. She was still walking calmly to the canteen when he catched her pace. He grabbed her hand, making her turn his way.

 

« Did your twin give you the bag ? »

He nodded, making her slip her hand away. « Are you very angry at me ? » He asked, grabbing once again her hand.

 

« You didn't bother to tell me. You thought that it was unnecessary. When I arrived there and heard your hyung voice thinking that it was you, I made a fool of myself thinking that Minah was your girlfriend. That you was an ugly two timer. Until I realize that the person wasn't you. »

YongGuk sighed. She was indeed angry.

 

She gulped before saying. « Why did you hide it ? That you had a twin... »

 

He stayed silent, ashamed of his answer. 'Because he's better than me. Because he'd do a better boyfriend to you than me.' He thought to himself. His silence deceived her and she grabbed his shoulder.

 

« I thought that we were close. You often talked me about him but you never mentionned that it was your twin. »

 

He sighed, making Eunji worry about him. He was still obviously sick. She gave up and gently ran her fingers in his hair, secretly checking his temperature. « Tell me when you'll feel like it, okay ? » She said softly.

 

She went away on those words, leaving him confused. Was she still angry ? He walked behind her and looked at her sit back on her chair.

 

*

 

They went out of the high school, still not talking with each others. Eunji wouldn't get why YongGuk didn't tell her about his twin. The answer that came to her was that she didn't count enough for him to tell her. Eunji was walking lost in her thoughts when she received a bucket of dirty cold water on her, getting her wet. She let out a surprised shout. She looked at the person that did that : Minah.

 

« Thanks to you, Yongjoon broke up with me. » Minah explained, throwing the bucket close to Eunji.

 

Eunji looked at her with afraid eyes. 'This bring back so many bad memories' She thought closing her eyes.

 

« Did you take pleasure destroying my life ? Getting vengeance ? You attention- !! »

 

YongGuk stepped between Minah and Eunji. « You are going to regret that. »

 

He had a cough and Minah became worried. YongGuk was angry. She said, daring : « Why ? She got YongJoon thinking that I bullied her. Now he think I'm the devil on earth. »

 

YonGuk smirked. « You're not the kindest girl on earth. And don't fool yourself thinking that Eunji did that, I told him myself that he shouldn't have date you. »

 

« YONGGUK !!  You just met her. She's lying to you. She's not deaf, she's pretending  because she wants to be different. » Minah shouted to him.

 

Eunji let her tears fall. What she read on Minah lips was horrible. This was too much for her. Minah always made her look like the dumbest of all, the girl that wanted every look on her. She hided her head kneeling so it touched her knees.

 

« Look at her crying like a baby. Attention seeker I'm telling you. »

 

YongGuk grabbed Minah wrist gently. « Who do you think I believe between my girlfriend and a crazy girl that came bully her? »

Minah gulped. It was the first time she witnessed YongGuk being angry. Usually he was just grumpy or having a blank face. Nothing like his charming brother and his playful expression. It was scary. He looked calm and still his harsh tone  was authoritarian. She gulped and  looked down in defeat.

« I don't want to see you around her, or else I'll spread myself that you're a bully. Awesome, right ? Now go away. »

YongGuk coughed, still sick yet looked at the mean girl go away defeated. Taking back his breath, he looked at Eunji kneeling on the floor. He made her stand up and hugged her.Eunji grabbed his shirt in despair and cried for long minutes.

 

« Let's go home. » He said to her. She didn't bulge. He repeated himself and noticed that she still didn't bulge. He pulled away the hug and looked at her confused. She looked at his lips move but with the emotions and her tears she couldn't get what he was saying.

 

« My hearing aids isn't waterproof. » She explained. She removed it with ease and noticed that it was completely soaked with water.

YongGuk panicked hearing that and put the device in his pocket, they'll deal with this later. Minah ruined her hearing aids. Damn this girl. Plus, he felt distant from Eunji. She couldn't hear him, he felt all weird about that, but more than all she couldn't read on his lips because of the emotions. She was too shocked by the attack. She was still trembling. He gently removed her school jacket to put his on her soaked shirt.

 

He wrote on his phone : « Let's go home. »

 

She looked panicked and shook her head. « I don't want my Dad to see me this way. »

 

He nodded. « Let's go to my house then. »

He held her hands in the bus, ignoring the looks that the people sent them. YongGuk with his clogged nostrils couldn't smell the ugly rotten eggs smell that Eunji got on her from the water. With those looks, he got angry and got closer to Eunji. He hugged her tighly and she pulled away.

"I smell horrible." She said. YongGuk pointed at his nose and she smiled. "So you're that sick and you came to school. But I'm glad you can't catch on the smell."

They held hands and YongGuk got surprised how they still can communicate. Eunji understands really fastly what he was meaning. He thought about himself being mute when he was way younger and his twin getting right away what he needed. Was he a open book ? Or those two persons have special ability ?

He walked with her to his house and opened the door, nobody was there. He pushed her in the house and she got in all embarrassed by the ugly smell she brought in. He smiled to her, before heading to his sister room, and soon was handing her girl clothes. He brought her to the bathroom and closed the door.She hurried to get in the bathtub and get rid of this smell. This horrible smell that made her feel like trash.

YongGuk  sat on the couch and closed his eyes, tired from the events and still being sick. He sudenly heard weird sounds. Like those in horror movies, they were increasing in intensity and getting him scared. What was that ? Eunji got back and looked at him trying to find the sound. He explained to her the type of sound he was hearing and she laughed. He looked dumbfounded at her and she took her device in his pocket. He widened his eyes, so it was this thing.

" Horrible, right ? Not that I hear it but I heard that from my dad that the sound is horrible."

He looked at her put on her hearing aids and trying to set it, the sound getting lower. She sighed.  «  I just need to let it dry on its own. If it still doesn't work, I'll pay a visit to my specialist. »

He nodded and looked at Eunji sat casually on his lap, with damp hair and rosy cheeks from the bath. She blushed. "Do I still smell bad ? Can you tell ?"

YongGuk shook his head. "I have no idea. You're just cute and close. That's why."  She nodded and stood up. He made her sit back on him, hugging her.

 

YongGuk pulled away to look at her. « I'm sorry for what she said about you. And did. » She nodded, playing with her fingers. He cupped her face. « Won't you tell me how do you two know each others ? »

Eunji fixed his lips, with a blank expression. YongGuk grabbed her wrist. "Did you get it ?"

She blushed. "Your lips distracted me. Sorry."

He nodded, shy and kissed her softly. After a few seconds, he stopped the kiss and gave her a serious look. "So how do you know Minah ?"

Eunji relaxed and rested her body on his. YongGuk crossed his arms around her waist.

« She was in my class when we were seven. At this time, my right ear was already completely dead and my left one decreased so quickly that I couldnt follow in class. I wasn't able to have a conversation so people stopped to talk with me. For a lot of reasons this transition period was hard. I had to take sign langagues classes since two years and when it happened, a helper came with me in class to translate what the teacher was saying. Everyone would look at me. The whole class was intimitaded by this sign langage in the class, it was new and no one knew how to react to that. »

YongGuk sighed. He could guess the followings events so he grabbed  her tiny hands in his large ones.

« Minah she would already made fun of the fact I wasn't hearing. She would scream in my ear. Or talk to me while shouting. Oh maybe I should tell you :  shouting to a deaf or HoH person, it's useless. It's not how we'll understand better. It's taking us for dumb people that can hear if people talk louder. She would do that or talk very slowly, as if talking to a silly person. It was humiliating, but as I wasn't hearing, I would just close my eyes."

YongGuk kissed her neck. This was one of the things deaf and HoH people can do, close their eyes when they don't want to deal with people.

"She made fun of the sign langage. She would do the monkey and turn the sign langage into a gag. The whole class found it funny. I would look at my helper signing and behind her Minah would imitate  with a dumb expression. My teacher thought it would have calm with the days. But it got worse, everyone would do that.   »

 

She looked at him in the eyes. « You asked me why I don't have any hearing friends, here's the reason. Because children are mean. For a long time, I hated hearing people. I stopped interraction with them. It didn't even  last long but it was awful. My helper told everything to my dad, that put me in a deaf/HoH school. »

 

« Minah she knows I have hearing problems. Why would a little bullied girl would fake to be HoH ? Yet she said that I'm a liar. An att-"

 

YongGuk put his hand on . He didn't want her to tell those ugly words, not to describe her. He hugged her tighly, and comforted her, her back as she was crying.

 


This was a sad chapter. HoH = Hard of hearing by the way !!

Hope you enjoyed, Next chapter YongGuk may have to answer Eunji honestly about his twin =)

Thanks for reading and subscribing and for the two upvotes !!!