Fiancés

Reading your lips

Eunji noticed YongGuk nervousness in one glare. “Is something bothering you ? You've been weird all the night. I mean I had a great time but on usual, you're way more relaxed.”

 

They shared a look and Eunji looked at him becoming all pale. “ Oh, are you having a fever ? I think we should go back home. I have medicine and you obviously need them.”

 

She stood up and YongGuk grabbed her hand. “Give me 5 minutes.”

 

“If you insist.” She sat next to him and looked around, moving around her feet like a kid would do, letting him time to gather his courage.

 

“Okay it's now or never.” He said out loud. Yongguk got the engagement ring and put it on Eunji lap.

 

“I'm sorry for the mess our relationship was for those last months. I've thought well about us and I realized that I wanted us to be more than boyfriend and girlfriend. I just thought that it would have been nice to strenghen our relationship before I go back. That it would be easier for us to wait if we knew what will happen. What do you think about this ?”

YongGuk signed quite fast. Stress was invading his body. He had no choice but facing Eunji, signing requiring a form of confidence. He looked at her expression change. From worry, the prevalent feeling changed to surprise.

 

Eunji blushed. “Whaouh. Hmm I don't know what to say. You want me to marry you ?”

 

“To become fiancés. We will have time to marry.” He cleared out.

 

Eunji nodded and wiped a quick tear. She sighed and grabbed his hand. What will she be without him ? Without this imsoniac man that loves philosophy and books. With the one that loves her so dearly. “Bang YongGuk. You. Sometimes I forgot how loving and kind you are, how considerate you are with me. I do want to be your fiancée.” She ran her hand on his suit and got how fast his heart was beating. She kissed his cheek, staining it with her vivid red lipstick. “No more worries, okay ?” She whispered in his ear, before sharing a meaningful look with him.

and looked at the case on her lap. “Can I see it ?”

 

YongGuk nodded vigourously and looked at Eunji open the case carefully and stare at the ring he chose carefully all this week.

She hided behind her hand and looked at them, touching hers with her fingertips. “They are gorgeous. I'll be happy to wear mine.”

 

YongGuk sighed out of relief and removed the ring from its case to put it on her ringfinger. She looked at it fondly and kissed his cheek. “Let me put yours.”

 

“ A pretty ring for the prettiest fingers.” Eunji said, making YongGuk giggle. He considered her  tiny fingers in his. They are not that tiny but in his large hands, her feminine hand seems almost childish. He remembers well of the tickling feeling he got from holding her hands from the first time. Now, Eunji hand was graced with a ring, as well as him. At first, the  metal was cold on their fingers. Eunji was actually surprised to see that the metal got warmer so fast, while they were holding hands. She can already feel that fidgeting YongGuk's ring while holding his hands will be her favourite activity.

YongGuk lifted her hand to kiss it, making Eunji giggle.

“Let's go.” She said gently. They're been there for a long time, just trying to digest what just happened between them. It's nothing like the first date they spent together, but even more nerve-wracking. YongGuk looked at her stand up, her hands leaving him.

 

“Why ? It's so peaceful here.”

 

Eunji looked at his confused face. She signed to him with a smirck. “ I had another kind of activity in mind, the not-so-peaceful type you see. “

 

YongGuk became all red, shouting “Don't say that here !!!” raising people eyes on them. They looked at him weirdly making him even more red.

 

“Technically I didn't say that here.” She said before grinning. He sighed and stood up. The young soldier grabbed her waist  possessively, making her scoff. “You should stop playing the innocent boy in front of people.”

 

“Ya, I was taken shortly, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested.” He signed before pinched her waist, making her giggle.After riding the metro and the bus,  on the way back home, waiting for the green light of the crosswalk, YongGuk noticed someone selling flowers at three or four  steps away and  leaving Eunji hands, he got closer to the lady, greeting her.

"Can I get a bouquet of red roses ?" He asked with a nice voice.

 

“Your girlfriend right there ? Aigoo she's lucky.” The old lady told him, preparing the bouquet.

 

YongGuk shook his head “Fiancée , I just asked her and she said yes.” and the old lady speak up, trying to reach Eunji attention. “ Young lady you are so lucky. Congratulations !!.”

 

Eunji didn't bulge making theold lady confused. She was still waiting for the green light, not leaving the light out of view. She barely noticed that YongGuk was gone. Soon, she turned herself and was surprised to see an empty space. She thought he just let go of her had to grabb something. She scanned the crosswalk and found YongGuk kneeling next to the old lady.

 

YongGuk cleared his throat, seeing the puzzled expression of the old lady and explained. “She doesn't hear.”

 

The old lady did an “oh” with and nodded, understanding. YongGuk smiled to her and Eunji got closer to him. “I got scared for a second.”

 

“Sorry. I wanted to surprise you.” He signed. She shrugged it off, and grabbed back his hand. The light was now green and people were crossing at a fast pace.

 

“You're really going give me a bouquet ?” She asked,  shyly.

 

“Yep. Who else but you ?” YongGuk signed, making her giggle. The old lady looked at them with loving eyes and gave him the bouquet.

 

“Here you are.” He said before giving her the roses. The red roses, going well with her dress and lipstick. The old lady suddenly realized the big red lipstick stain on the cheek of the young man. He was just  looking at the freshly fiancée glowing face receiving the roses and smelled the roses, smiling. “Thanks you.”

They bowed to the lady, going back to their initial location, waiting for the green light. They waited a few seconds and soon the green light appearing, they started to walk. Quietly, shaking their intertwined hands in the process. Eunji felt emotional, she was holding the roses close to her chest with her right hand, and holding YongGuk's hand in the other one. Maybe happiness feel like this. Walking late at night, in a chilly weather. Last time, she wore this dress, she felt miserable and today she feels like the luckiest person on earth. Her feet were hurting, sure. She felt like the urge to remove all the makeup. But she was happy, almost drunk in love.

 

They went back to their flat and Eunji went right away to the kitchen taking care of the roses. She put them in a jar and sat on a chair to admire them and her ring.

 

“I'm going to put them in our room. Or the kitchen. The living room ?” She said hesitantly. YongGuk kissed her neck, he didn't plan that those flowers will make her this happy. “They are yours. Do what you want.”

 

She nodded and went in the room and putted her on the beddesk. She sat on the bed with a dreamy smile and suddenly YongGuk got closer to her. He let her comtemplate the bouquet for long seconds before sighing longly. He got closed to her, almost hovering over her small frame. “Are we getting to the not-so-peaceful activity ?”

Eunji smirked. “Come here.”

She started with a sheer kiss on his lip that did nothing to end the passion in YongGuk. He got closer to her and played with her dress zip. He decided to remove his shirt.

 

“Ohhh, YongGuk, you look so muscular these days.” Eunji stated. SHe didn't notice that before tonight.

 

He grinned. “Glad you like it. Training is hard but I'm doing musculation these days. It kills time. With YongJoon.”

 

She nodded before grazing her fingertips on his skin, his now defined abs and arms. This was really a enjoyable view. She saw his lips and giggled.

"What's wrong ?" He asked, not liking her giggles, she would have been mesmerized, not laughing.

 

“You look really y. The smudged red lipstick all over your mouth is especially hot.”

 

He laughed, when Eunji handed him a mirror. The intense red Eunji was sporting tonight transfered everywhere on his lower face. He looked like a crazy in love man since the start of the night maybe.  Eunji came back with comestic wipes. She removed all the red from his face, before doing the same with . YongGuk looked at her, removing her whole makeup in front of him. She threw away the wipes, with a smile. "I couldn't bear it anymore."

 

“So are you keeping up ?” He asked, playful.

 

Eunji blushed. “Nahh. But I kind of have a surprise for you. Stay here.”

 

YongGuk looked at Eunji leave and waited some minutes before Eunji came back in lingerie. A red translucent nuisette barely covering the insolent red lingerie she had under it. He never expected this. He gulped hard and she laughed.

 

“You look mesmerized Mister Bang.” She . He nodded yet grabbed her hand. “It ... fits you perfectly. When did you buy this ?”

 

Eunji fidgeted with the hem of the nuisette, visibly embarrassed. “I didn't buy this. Vianna did.”

 

“So you borrowed it from Vianna ?” YongGuk asked, to be sure.

 

Eunji shook her head, shy. “She gave it to me before I went to Busan. She's hoping you will enjoy it.”

 

“WHAT ??” YongGuk said. Eunji sat next to him and giggled. “Yeah. It's Vianna. She's playful, you should know it by now.”

 

“I will find her a  date as soon as I go back to duty. I really enjoy her gift.” YongGuk signed, still in awe of how gorgeous his fiancée was.

 

Eunji laughed and sat on his lap. “Yeah, you should do that.”

 

She made her face closer to his, still not kissing him. He nodded, grabbing her waist, bringing her even closer to him. When their lips were a few inches away and they could feel the other breath , they looked at each other for long seconds. Eunji was the one that stopped the game, closing her eyes. YongGuk got the signal right away and kissed her.

 

*

 

When YongGuk woke up the next day, Eunji was already up. He realized this fact and found her in the bathroom, admiring her ring in the mirror. She didn't realize his presence for long seconds, posing with the ring in front of the mirrror with a smile and everything. YongGuk appeared behind her and she saw his reflection in the mirror before turning herself in shock.

“What are you doing ?” She screamed.

 

“What are you doing ?” He asked back. She blushed and tried to get away from him. He looked at her run away from him and started to chase her.

“Don't run after me.” She shouted before throwing a pillow to him. He gasped and they ran around the sofa for a while. Tired of running around getting dizzy, jumped on the sofa and YongGuk happened to be just in front of her. She screamed as he lifted her, just enough so their bodies would be against each other, their forehead touching. He had an insisting glance and she had no choice but spilling it out.

“I love it. Being engaged to you. It feels good.” She said with a shy voice, making YongGuk grin. He pecked her lips and put her back on the floor. She grabbed his hand and touched his ring with her fingers.

 

“Now you better take care of your hands. Your ring is making your hands so y, maintain it this way.” She requested. It would be a shame to have dry and cracked hands with such a ring.

 

YongGuk nodded, finidng touching how she really cares about his hands and looked at her go back to the bed.

 

“We're not going out today ?” He asked

 

“Nope. We're staying in bed all day.” Eunji said, the only thing not covered by the blanket being her head.

 

“My parents invited us tonight though. For celebrating the engagement. ” YongGuk said, sitting next to her. She nodded. “We invited yours parents. So it's a surprise annnouncement for them. It's finally time our families members meet, right ?”

 

 “Will your father be here ?” Was the question Eunji asked with a fake nonchalant voice. YongGuk smiled, this question was expected.

 

“I think so.”

 

“.” Eunji said before doing a grimace. YongGuk laughed and fondly played with her hair. “You're a real little rebel.”

 

“What should I do ?” She said, worried about how tonight may turn out.

 

“As if nothing happened. Just greet him. I think he's the one awkward around you anyways.”

 

“Why ?” Eunji asked innocently.

 

YongGuk gulped. He told her too much there. She understood his silence. “Ah you mean, because I'm deaf.”

 

The young man sighed. “Yeah.”

 

She smiled. “It doesn't bother me. Actually a lot of people are. You were awkward too.”

 

“And ignorant. You forget this part.” She laughed and pecked his cheek. “True.” YongGuk got under the blanket and his arms automatically found Eunji waist, spooning in a loving way. Eunji rested her hand on his and started to fidget his ring. She giggled, making YongGuk curious.

"Why are you giggling ?" She shook her head. "Something silly. I can sense that it's my new favourite activity. Fidgeting your ring, turning it over and over on your finger." 

 


Here you are a sweet, fluffy maybe cringy chapter ? I don't know.

These days, I need to write really fluffy stuffs and got inspired by a brilliant jikook fanfic. Bref, have a good day ~~