Precious

Reading your lips

She looked at YongJoon leave for the kitchen, not even inviting her to get inside. Soon, YongGuk got out of his room and mid-stairs he realized that the person that came to see him was Eunji. He ran to her and looked at her outfit. She had her pyjamas on, the moomin plushie he gave her. He couldn't help but smile seeing her this way. Yet, he lost his smile seeing the sad face she was sporting,  staring at his feet, not daring to look at his eyes.

 

YongGuk looked at the letter in her hand and was glad to see she read it. He wrote it with sincerity and hoped she would understand him. He gently grabbed her hand, and Eunji gasped feeling him doing that and removed her hand. She raised her eyes on him for the first time.

"Can I ?" He asked in sign langague. She nodded and let him lead her to his room. His hand was warm and soft yet as soon as he opened the door of his room for her, she removed her hand from his. The young male smiled sadly and watched her sit on his desk chair, instead of next to him on the bed like she usually does.

 

Eunji entered and sat on his desk chair. As always, it was too high for her and she wanted to cry because she will miss this. This feeling of being small overwhelmed by the chair. He looked at her, guessing what she's thinking about. They crossed eyes while she lowered the chair. He was the one doing that for her when she came here. Seeing her doing it herself made him uneasy.

 

She stayed silent for a while before putting his letter on his desk. « I read your letter. »

 

« You told me to tell you what I wanted, my selfish wish. Not what I wished for you, for us, but just for me.  You also told me that you want. You want to stay with me. Go to uni together and have a future together.  That in your eyes, we're not an hearing guy and a HoH girl but just Bang YongGuk and Jung Eunji. »

 

YongGuk nodded. « That's right. » Eunji stayed silent for a while. He added : « What about you tell me what you want ? »

 

She stood up and sat next to him. Her tears fell on his pants and he looked at her grab his hand with precaution. « I want to keep you as my boyfriend. I want you to make me discover new things, go to uni with you and live in a crappy tiny student flat with you. Keep eating crappy food at the cafeteria of school and taking baths together until the bath become ice cold. That's what I really want. I won't be able to hear you anymore but I want to keep you by my side.  »

 

He wiped her tears and said : « So let's do it. Let's stay together. »

 

She shook her head. « But YongGuk, I'll be deaf soon how could I dragg you into the hot mess my life is ? »

 

He put his hand on . “You've heard my egoist wish. I've heard yours.”

 

The young girl stood up in panic and talked very fast : « But YongGuk !  It's much more complicated than that ! Do you even realize that I won't hear anything at all ?! I'm supposed to think the pain away and accept it. But YongGuk you could get out with hearing girls and have a normal life. Not learning sign langague and not bothering with me.»

 

YongGuk frowned. “Yeah sure, I can do that.”

 

Eunji widened her eyes reading that on his lips and shrugged. “At least it's done.”

 

He grabbed her wrist, making her look at him. “But I don't want to do that. You're happiness to me.”

 

Eunji let him make sit back on the bed and he kissed her forehead. “You're my girlfriend. You brings joy to me, the same way I hope I brings joy to you.”

 

The young girl had a shy smile reading this on his lips. He grabbed her and made her lie on the bed with him. She was holding his shirt with his little fingers, and like always he was pushing aside her bang to have a view of her forehead, to get on her nerves. Eunji laughed at this closeness they found back. Suddenly, she sighed.

 

"You know there's will be hardships right ? That sometimes I won't want to do anything ? That it won't be always sunshine and flowers ? You know it, right ?"

YongGuk nodded. He faced her with a smile while asking : « Have you ever wondered why I was mute or not ? »

Eunji smiled and chuckle. "I couldn't concentrate very well. Your lips are like superdistracting when we are this close."

YongGuk shook his head and pecked her lips before repeating. She shook her head.

« People don't listen to you. They ask you questions for the sake of it. I got so troubled by this fact when I was little. I still didn't talk but for different reasons. Mom was alwyas busy, dad wasn't here. YongJoon was the one that listened to me fully, he had just to look at me to know what I was thinking. You can't hear me that's a fact but you listen to me. »

 

He repeated his sentences differently, to allow her to understand more of it.

 

She nodded slowly. « Sorry then. I've closed my eyes the whole time you visited me. » She said ashamed. He giggled. « Don't worry about it. It's forgotten. Instead promise me one thing. »

 

She nodded, now curious.

« Don't be afraid to lean on me. I'm here for that okay ? »

 

She nodded, shyly and he kissed her forehead.

His lips brushed hers and soon he realized that Eunji started to sobb back. “I've missed you.”

 

“Me too. I especially missed your little fingers running on my back.” As she frowned not getting what he just said, he catched her hands and ran them on his back. She laughed, still in tears and nodded.

She kept running her fingers on his back, while he was comforting her her back. YongGuk looked at her stare at him and pinched her cheek. « I missed this feeling. »

 

Eunji looked curious. He explained himsefl : « You look at me as if I was precious to you. »

 

She frowned by his choice of words and pushed him off the bed, making him fall on the floor. She watched him from the bed with a wry smile  « Don't misunderstand. You're precious to me." He scoffed surprised by her choice of words.

"You just threw me out of my own bed." He stated jokingly. She laughed and he did the same. Happy that the events of the last days were behind them now.

 


Hi !! I'm back with this chapter and reading  it. It feel pretty much like the end of the first part. Like I have 3 pages of chapters left for part 1 but I feel like this ending is pretty good. What do you think ? Maybe I should edit the last chapter !!

Also just one chapter left !

I've already started to write the sequel. Do you want me to create like another story or is it more convenient for you if I just post the chapters here ? Tell me what you think !!!