Vibrant

Reading your lips

They spent a great day at the river. YongGuk dsicovered the pleasure of ice cold water on his hot skin from the sun. Eunji would only bath in a tee shirt in order to avoid sunburns and a hat. It was so cute to see. They went together following the river to find the best swimming spots ; eating there and even having a nap there.

At night, Eunji went to take a shower after YongGuk and she came back with damp hair. YongGuk looked at her bare legs in her pyjamas dress. She was appealing. Smelling nice. Like fresh green tea. He put his hands on her tigh, it was soft, silky at touch and fresh. Eunji gulped, while giving him a weird look.

 

« I've told you not to tempt me. » She groaned, pushing his hand away. He laughed. « You're actually the one that tempts me. »

 

Eunji seemed hesitant hearing that. It was flattering, nice to hear from him.  « Do I ? »

 

He nodded shyly, before pecking her lips. He took her fully in his embrace, kissing her with more lust and desire. When they pulled away to breath, she got rid of his shirt easily. He blushed seeing her brush his skin with her fingers. She smiled to him and brought his hand to the hem of her dress. YongGuk slowly removed her long shirt that she used as a pyjama. He looked at her lacey bralette and her waist.

 

He cupped her waist, amazed on how he could circle it with his hands. Eunji closed her eyes, feeling the warm sensation of his hands on her waist and soon he kissed her collarbone. She smiled while bringing him even closer to her. He started to kiss her neck as well, making her curl her fingers in his hair. He traced with his fingers the hem of her underwear and Eunji looked at him with loving eyes. He seemed curious yet afraid and she could sense he wanted to go further.

She traced her fingers on his skin and he got confused when he saw her write on it. She seemed concentrated.

He grabbed her hands, making her raise her eyes automatically towards him. « What are you doing ? »

 

« Signing on your skin. »

 

« Oh. » He said, she never done that before tonight. « Wait did you write then ? »

 

« Thanks for being here » She whispered in his ear, before kissing it. He grinned and she gasped seeing his fingers on her back, playing with her bra. She looked at him. He smiled at her before asking :

 

« Can I get rid of this ? »

*

Eunji was making rounds on his skin. They were lying next to each other silents, after their wonderful time. YongGuk just looked at Eunji touch his skin, himself was her hair. He could feel her drawing  rounds, hearts and even smileys sometimes. He kissed her forehead and she giggled.

 

"Let's sleep now." He said, before turning the light off and coming back to her sides.

 

Eunji didn't stop touching his skin with her fingers. In the dark, those little fingers running on his skin felt intimate. A precious thing he's happy to experience. Soon, the signs became sloppy and when it stopped, Eunji was completely asleep.

 

When he woke up, Eunji was already up, at his side, reading a book. He pecked her arm, making her know that he's awake. She giggled seeing his groggy face.

 

"Take your time. There's no hurry here."

 

He shook his head with a playful smile and went to the bathroom. She was engrossed in her book, and soon something came blocking her view. She gasped seeing a Moomin pushie. She looked at YongGuk confused.

 

« Here you are. »

 

She blushed a lot. « YongGuk, you shouldn't have bother, you came which already mean much to me. »

 

He shook his hands. « No. It's your birthday gift. Accept it. I allow you to share the bed with him. »

 

She chuckled at his lame joke and with her hands, caressed the plushie. It was soft and smelled good. It smelled like YongGuk cologne. She kissed his cheek making a loud smack. « Thanks. That's an amazing gift. I really like it. »

 

YongGuk looked at her hug the plushie that had the size of a big cat. She seemed really happy with it. Suddenly, she landed her eyes on him. "What are you still doing here ?"

 

"What ?" He asked,  bothered by her annoyed tone.

 

She kissed him "I have Moomin now. That's enough for me."

 

He narrowed his eyes and went to tickle her to death.

*

He ended up staying until their last day here. Her parents insisted for him to stay longer as well as their daughter and he couldn't say no. He loved sharing Eunji's bed, feeling her fingers running on his skin. Doing dishes with her and taking long afternoon walks with her. Play tennis with Daehyun and get on the nerves of almost everyone because he was skilled at every sport they wanted to do.

 

Soon, Eunji and himself started to take baths together. At first he was awkward and excessively shy. But after a few times, he was just fine with it. They would stare at the view a long time in each other embrace until the water turns cold. It became one of his favorite moment.

This night was the last one at the house. They had to pack everything, clean every corner of the house before going tomorrow morning.

Eunji seemed gloomy. She was happy like a five years old to come here yet now she was feeling sad about going. 

« You seem very sad to go. » He said, pinching her cheek.

 

She nodded. « I always have blues when I have to go. I'm so happy to be here and now I have to go back. »

 

He ruffled her hair, and decided to . « Is it so bad to be my girlfriend ? »

 

She shook her head, and YongGuk got that she was really gloomy, she didn't notice his teasing voice, this worried him  a little bit. « It's not about you YongGuk ; you're perfect. My mom is bringing me to test a new hearing aids. She took the appointement without consulting me. It's next week. »

 

YongGuk sighed, and kissed her forehead. « Just tell her, Eunji. Of everyone, she's the only one that doesn't accept you're hard of hearing. It's unfair for you. » He added.

 

She shrugged. First they needed to see how was her hearing loss these days. She hided it from YongGuk. He accepted to date a hard of hearing girl, but what about a deaf girl ?

YongGuk not loving her pouty face, splashed her with water. She stayed froze for a moment before doing the same, giggling.

 

Yes, this is the last night here. I should  just cherish it.

*

8%.

 

Eunji laughed. It was desesperately low. So low. She felt all weird seeing that she lost 2% in four months, still being careful. She nodded to everything the specialist said ; her eyes fixing the poor 8%. She felt miserable. She looked at the thing that made her able to hear.Hating it and loving it at the same time.

 

It was like being in the start of a video game and having 8% left of munitions. She sighed in the car. Those medical visits were always tiring, long and sometimes humiliating. Her father looked at her in the retrovisor.

 

« Shoul we go and eat icecream before going back home ? »

 

Eunji shook her head. She just wanted to lie in bed and sleep. Soon, her phone flashlighted and she grabbed it.

 

« How was it ? Is everything fine ? » YongGuk asked by message. She bite her lips and turned off her phone.

 

She lied on her bed and her father didn't wake her up the next day. He knew this shook her up.

Eunji stayed in her dark room all day. She didn't feel like going out. Seeing people. Before her thirties, the doctor said.  She would be deaf way before her thrities years old. Even mid-twenties.

 

Eunji didn't care of hearing things or not. She had a loving family, loving friends. But now, YongGuk arrived. How could she impose her future deafness to him ? She never ever talked about that to him. He was such a sweet boy,he deserved someone that will ear the things he'll whisper in his ear, that hear his beautiful deep voice. Not someone that can barely read on lips.

 

This was the exact situation she feared to happen when starting to wear the hearing aids. Feel that the word without it won't be as vibrant. She feared to return in her silent word. Not after tasting the different sounds the world could offer. She cried a long time this day, on her pillow. This was so unfair.

 

Eunji breathed and looked at her ceiling.She felt asleep like this, after crying and for this short moment feeling in peace.

 

YongGuk got worried not seeing Eunji at school the second day, he knew she feared that appointement at the doctor. Yet this wasn't supposed to last two days. She didn't answer any of his messages so after school he headed to her house.

 

He knocked and soon Eunji Dad opened the door for the boy. He looked drained. « Oh YongGuk. How are you doing ? »

 

YongGuk smiled. « I'm fine. I visited because hmm I was wondering about how Eunji is doing. »

 

He looked at her father nodd. « Sure. Sure. Hmm she's feeling bad at the moment I'll go ask her if you can come upstairs. Sit on the couch.»

 

He did as told and looked at her father go upstairs. He opened her door with precaution and entered. It was all in black. He went out a few seconds after.

 

He shook his head. « Hmm, she want to be alone. »

 

« Oh. » YongGuk said. « Can I ask how her check up was ? »

 

Her father hided his face in his hand for a moment. « Disastrous. That's the all problem. She lost 2% of her hearing ability in six months. »

 

« I thought she was left with only 10% ? » Yongguk replied, shock by the news. No wonder she feel depressed.

 

He looked at her father sigh longly. « That's the whole problem. »

 

 


 

 

Here you are !!

 

This chapter is a little bit sad ! Ah aha It had to happen anyways !

 

I'm actually in South Korea Incheon and it's so hot I'm sweaty all the time. I have to take a second shower right now. Well, I think I will have time to post, but less often than during avcation. We'll see ^^

 

Have a good day

 

P.S/ Sorry for typos and such, I didn't get a lot of time to edit the chapter