four - closer

Wished For A Boyfriend, Stuck With A Gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The teacher arranged her books. "For our classroom cleaner for the day-" She scrolled her fingers down the students list. "Choi _____."

 

You perked up on your seat. Upon realizing your the cleaner of the classroom for that day, you face-palmed yourself.

 

"The rest may go." The teacher announced and left, after her are the students eager to go home.

 

You pouted as you watched the others go.

 

"I'll help you." L.Joe suddenly offered.

 

"It's alright. I'm fine." You beamed, but deep inside, you really wanted him with you.

 

L.Joe walked to the back of the room and picked up a broom. "I insist." He smiled and started sweeping the floor.

 

You bit your lip and felt all excited inside. "Okay. Your choice." You picked up the board eraser and started wiping the board.

 

"How old are you?" L.Joe suddenly asked.

 

You paused to look at him. "Eighteen. Aren't you eighteen, too?"

 

"Uh, yeah. How'd you know?"

 

"I dunno." You wiped the eraser to the right. "You kinda look like one."

 

L.Joe chuckled. "What does that mean? I look old for my age, or young?"

 

You pursed your lips and smiled. "Of course you look young."

 

L.Joe smiled his breath-taking smile and continued sweeping.

 

Silence came afterwards.

 

You were still clearing the other half of the board when you peeked over your shoulders. L.Joe was aligning the chairs. "Hey."

 

L.Joe looked up. "Yeah?"

 

"Why L.Joe? I mean, isn't that English?"

 

L.Joe stood straight and beamed. "I lived in America before. My friends there thought the name Joe fits me. But since I'm short. They called me 'Little Joe'." He face-palmed himself. "It's still embarrassing every time I remember it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter