TWELVE.

Runaway You

Both you and Seungcheol exchange glances to each other. His emergences made you ran out of words. So, Vernon’s troubled friend is Seungcheol, then who is S.Coups? His pseudonym? Seungcheol sounds better than S.Coups that sounds like badass honestly.

You threw puzzled face to Vernon. Vernon get them and he suddenly spoke up, “Guys, meet Eunhee. She is my acquaintance.” You were taken aback, being acknowledged as his acquaintance, it’s more than what you’ve imagined.

Vernon nudged one of his slanted eyed friend’s arm to stop making her scared surrounded by four strangers.

“I’m Mingyu.”

“Wonwoo.”

The other two introduced themselves expressionlessly made you think that they didn’t like you already. But then your eyes darted to Seungcheol who were about to speak but hesitated. You and he locked eyes.

“I know her already.” Seungcheol stated abruptly. Everyone is staring at him in disbelief.

“Where do you know Eunhee, hyung?” Vernon asked next to him.

You only waited for his next words patiently. You were speechless by the situation and your brain was too slow to arrange facts that kept hitting you like a rainstorm.

“By accident.” Seungcheol paused. Crap, now everyone is looking at you skeptically. “Ah, aren’t you supposed to be working at the restaurant now, Eunhee?” You looked up to Seungcheol and automatically nodded.

Out of the blue, Seungcheol grabbed your wrist, “You know guys, her boss is the worst and she will fire her if she caught her worker playing around in their working hours. I’ll take her back to restaurant.” He lied and ignored other’s reactions, and he pulled you out of the rooms.

“I’ll use your car, Mingyu.” He yelled from the hallway.

Both of you headed to a car in basement. He let you in before sped the car out of the building. You were froze along the ride, lost in train of minds.

“When did you meet Vernon?” Seungcheol finally broke the silence.

You who were playing with your fingers answered hoarsely, “Two days ago.”

Then, there were no question from him anymore, he just focused on driving the car and you only stared outside the window, rain was falling heavily and it’ll drenched Vernon’s clothes of you ran across it. As you thought Seungcheol would take you back to the restaurant, he made a wrong turn, soon you protested.

“Seungcheol, you go to the wrong way. You were supposed to—”

He cut you off coldly, “I have to talk to you.”

Suddenly you got chills all over your body, his way of talking was different, and it was cold and threatening. Bad thoughts crept in your mind as the car drove by. Finally, Seungcheol pulled over the car at a small park.

You looked at him innocently, tried to act normal when actually you were terrified inside.

“Sorry, I didn’t tell you earlier.” Seungcheol started to speak.

“Tell me what?”

“That I met my friend. But seriously I didn’t tell anything about you or your grandmother to anyone.” His eyebrows creased down into worry look.

“You don’t have to be sorry about that, Seungcheol.” You chuckled at him, hope he wouldn’t feel guilty towards you, “I heard Vernon called you S.Coups. Is that your nickname when you are around your friend?”

Seungcheol agreed to you, “Yes. Seungcheol is my real name, I usually tell someone else my nickname instead of my real name, just for disguise.”

“I like Seungcheol better than S.Coups, Coups sounds like G-Dragon’s song. What does it sounds like? This is my Coup d’état~ No. I totally forgot.” You grinned awkwardly, your cheeks tinted pink in embarrassment.

Unexpectedly, he laughed at you and it was a genuine one. Your lips trembled out of the blue, feeling your blood rushing up to your head and makes it hotter. *Why does he have to look so good when he laughed?* you regretted to yourself.

“I should have told you earlier about this, but I thought everything was incomplete so I wait.” He uttered almost inaudible for you.

You tilted your head to the side, instead of asking him directly, you chose to wait for him to continue. “I called them here to help me handle everything. Good thing that everything will be back to normal, including your life.”

Your eyes slightly widen, “Are you going back to Seoul soon?”

Seungcheol nodded, he nervously stared at you, “Yes, probably.”

But your lips only made an ‘o’ shape. Your face started to lose its light as you disappointed by the reality he had told. It felt like something has taken away from you and left huge gap that unable to be replaced.

Suddenly, you felt tears are threatening to fall from your eyes. You already like him as a friend, which actually is one of your friend after Yunmi. You once almost lost him before he came back, but now you won’t allow that to happen twice in your life. You wanted to fight for him in your life and you just wanted to make him stay. But you were too naïve in the end, didn’t thinking that he wasn’t belong to here in the first place.

“When will you leave here?” You turned your head to face him, already looking at you.

“I’m not sure. 3 or 4 days?”

Seungcheol didn’t notice anything from you and you felt that he never think of you like what you think of him. It turns out to be one sided affair and it’s kinda hurt your feelings.

“I never told anyone about my past. I know I’m a coward but I hope it would be big lesson for me in the future.”

“Seungcheol. I think I’ll be going now. I just want to ask you one. Don’t come to my house tonight and so, thank you for the ride and everything. It was good to know you.”

You closed your ears with the hoodie and ran outside the car. You made rain be your harmonized and also be your coverage from your falling tears. You know it was the end of you and him, you can’t believe it would be this fast.

You left Seungcheol abandoned inside the car. Completely dull. When he saw you escaped in the rain, he followed and called your name, but you never turned around.