TEN.

Runaway You

 

Yunmi was the first to greet you when you entered the restaurant, without giving you clue she pulled you to the kitchen where no one was there. She was in rush like she saw ghost behind you or something. You were staring at her in bewilderment.

“I want to ask you something.” She looked straight to your eyes, transferred curious aura toward your brain that scared you a little bit. “Who was the guy came here as your representative?”

You were taken aback and furrowed, “What guy?” Completely blank about what was she talking about.

“Yesterday, a guy came in the morning said that you were unwell and can’t attend to work. Who is that guy? Why didn’t you tell me you have a boyfriend?” Her eyes goggled impatiently.

“He…wasn’t my boyfriend anyway…” You paused, can’t believe you were going to reveal Seungcheol for the first time to someone else other than your grandmother. Yunmi didn’t even blink a time, “He is the guy that stayed in my house after he knocked someone off,”

You weren’t ready to hear her reaction, is she going to freak out or will she go mad, like she had acted she likes him.

And both guesses was chosen, “REALLY?! THAT GUY?! OH MY GOODNESS…OH MY GOODNESS…NO WAY…IT CAN’T BE HIM.” She gasped and covered in disbelief.

“Why can’t he?” You asked nonchalantly.

“He is hot and seems kind and everything. My boyfriend material are all in him. I think I fell in love on the first sight.” Suddenly, her head hung low and her cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

And No. You don’t like it. It was like finding out a new rival, but soon you repelled the thought away. It is impossible to call your own best friend a rival just because she likes your friend. You try to act casual as much as possible.

“But that is what he is—” She cut before you could finish your sentences.

“Oh right I forgot… But, are you serious you didn’t hook up with him?” she saw you suspiciously, like she was trying to reveal the truth in you.

You didn’t say anything but blink. “I am not interested in dating. I want to collect more money for me and my grandmother first.”

“Then, after that? Are you going to date him?”

You rolled your eyes, what is your friend trying to think? “He is not belong to here. He will be back to where he belong someday and not going to stay here, okay? There is no possibilities I would date him in the future.” You walked away, annoyed. Even though you hate to say that, you can’t do anything to stop him going back to Seoul someday.

“Let’s go, Yunmi. This place is going to open soon.” You said to Yunmi and walked out of the kitchen.

It’s past 12 in the afternoon. You certainly have an hour of lunch break before you continue your shift at the restaurant. You planned to eat lunch outside by yourself. You were usually eat in the restaurant with Yunmi, but today is a perfect day for you to walk around the city once in a while.

While you were thinking about where you should have your lunch. You also had a thought that you could find Seungcheol around the city. But you didn’t find him anywhere until you stopped at a convenient store.

It was not really cramped at hour like this, there wasn’t many people. Just you, few staffs, the cashier and some customer.

You took a bag of chips, an instant ramen and an orange juice out of its rack and few more round in the store before you drew a conclusion to eat them. You paid to the cashier before you boiled the ramen at the installment.

You didn’t notice anywhere around you until three boys came into the store.

“Welcome.” The staffs greeted the boys.

Three of them split up, one of them to the liquid section, another one to the chips section and the last one waited outside eventually, with bored face.

You paid your attention once in a while towards three of them, some odd feeling came up, “Looks like they aren’t coming from here.” You mumbled to yourself and then the boil machine beeped, signed that your ramen has cooked.

You grabbed all of your belonging to sit outside. Unexpectedly, the tallest boy among those three accidentally nudged your arm from behind and you shook your ramen.

“Oops, sorry! Are you okay?” He who was on the phone turned at you also asked you with the same accent as Seungcheol. Fortunately, the hot sauce didn’t spill. You let out a relieve sigh.

“I’m okay, don’t worry.” You smiled at him who still looked at you. Then, seconds after that he back to his phone. *He must be from Seoul as well.* you thought.

You sat on a table outside the store with your food. Your hot ramen blew smoke towards your face as you can smell the aroma that makes your stomach hungry. When you were about to sip a spoon of the sauce someone came up to you. He is one of the three guys in the store. This one he was shorter and his face is on fleek, with his foreigner feature. *OMG, American people…*

“Excuse me…” He said, *He can speak Korean.* you waited for him to resume, “Is this yours? My friend and I found this in front of the cashier,” He stretched out his hand to show you a familiar soft blue leather purse that looks the same as your wallet.

“Oh yes, it is mine. Thank you very much.” You took it from his hand and bowed to him.

He replied your smile with a wide happy grin across his face. He looks friendlier when he smiles and you can’t help but admire. Both of you stare at each other awkwardly for a mere seconds before he extended his hand offer a handshake to you.

“I’m Vernon.” He raised his eyebrows obediently.

You didn’t think to ignore him right away, “Oh, Cho Eunhee here, nice to meet you, Vernon.” You can’t stop complementing him in your head.

Suddenly, your pretty encounter with Vernon is disturbed by his friend, “Come on, man. S.Coups-hyung is nagging like an ahjumma right now, I can’t stand it.” He yelled from the store entrance, he was the one who bumped you few moments ago.

After that, you realize, they are a bunch of gorgeous man from other planet you never know. You never saw those kind of street style in a small city like Daegu before. They’re all on fleek, not just Vernon. Maybe they’re idols from Seoul. Oh no. Yunmi have to know this.

Vernon shot a glare at his friend before he turned back to you with a smile, “I hope we will meet again. Nice to see you, Eunhee.” He said lastly before he left with his friends.

You smiled to yourself for few minutes before someone walked pass you and found you like a crazy country fangirl. 

 


HELLO AGAIN! ENJOY THIS LITTLE CHAPTER :)