PROLOGUE.

Runaway You

 

Today is another windy day in Daegu. The morning always make you won’t leave your bed. The cozy feeling underneath mushy thin sheet, covered from breeze that tingles your cheeks. Suddenly your alarm rang through the small room of yours. *please let me sleep 5 more minutes…* you thought to yourself and the alarm finally stopped and then you go back to sleep.

“Eunhee, wake up you’re almost late for work…” an old woman said quietly, you could hear her calling your name about 5 times approximately.

Until your brain finally worked, you opened your eyes and sat on your bed. Without thinking much, you tidy your bed then next destination is getting yourself ready in your bathroom before you greet your grandma outside.

“Good morning, halmeoni” you hugged her from behind gently, afraid to surprise her.

“Omo, my little granddaughter is always like blooming flower, even though I’m already old but I still can smell the blooming flower from afar.” You chuckled and a little flustered.

“You’re such a good poet. Can you teach me someday, halmeoni?” You smiled as you helped her string up flower for sale today. Sometimes you feel guilty for letting old woman like work like that.

“Halmeoni, I will apply to work today and make more money for us and if I have more money, I’d buy you a pretty hat and we will go to the beach together. Do you like it?” Your grandmother smiled sheepishly. Her eyes are being honest as if she was enduring much pain on her wobbly body. Knowing that you will be sad if she refuses, she just merely nodded.

You didn’t realize that you have a tear fell on your cheeks, unwilling to get caught you swept it off, “I promise I will always be by your side and make you happy, halmeoni,” You uttered with shaky voice, tears are threatening to fall.

“Arasso, you always make me happy, Eunhee. Now hurry up or you will be late.” You nodded firmly and stood up, a basket full of pastel color flowers is in your hand.

Since today, you promise that you will work harder and make more money. Let go of everything that burden you and just focus on getting money and make your grandmother happy in her old age.

You arrived in front of a Chinese restaurant at the end of the street after walking from one shop to another but none of them are providing a job for unexperienced high schooler girl like you to do full time job.

You read the white paper on its window that said it is hiring a new kitchen assistant. Without thinking, you entered the place confidently and you met the shop owner directly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, is that job still available? If it is can I apply for it?”

A middle aged woman looked up from her spectacles, frowning at you. Thinking what kind of customer that come to a closed restaurant in the early morning?

“How old are you?” she asked subtly.

“I’m E-eighteen years old, mam,” you stuttered. She suddenly fell into silence moment. You were somehow nervous yet expected more from this shop.

“I have met many kids like you applying for that job, but I rejected them immediately. This place won’t guarantee your safety, if you make mistake with customers you have to be responsible for it. I can’t stand spoiled kids. Now think again before you apply.” She spoke without looking up, really clear for you to think twice to apply here.

But you have no choice, “I will take care of myself and I promise I will work diligently and make your restaurant more popular as I work here, mam. So please consider me once again.” You bowed a right angle.

You thought you won’t give up if she hasn’t accept you as her worker.

“I like your spirit, but still, I can’t accept you to take full time job right away.”

You can’t believe what you just heard, your face brightened up as you stood upright again, can’t help but holding the unloaded happiness all around your body.

“So I can work here, mam?” You asked, almost yelling.

She nodded once and smirked towards you, “You may have part time job first, but if you work diligently, I will promote you and raise your salary.”

You bowed gratefully to her. You almost cry of happiness, finally you get your first job. It’s going to be tough days for you.

“What’s your name?” her voice suddenly become softer.

“Eunhee, Cho Eunhee. I live with my grandmother who have flower garden uphill. As my gratitude I will decorate your restaurant to look prettier and more attractive.”

Your boss laughed before she took you to the kitchen.

 


HELLO!! HERE COMES THE PROLOGUE. IT'S AN INTRODUCTION OF THE HEROINE, SINCE SHE IS THE MAIN CHARACTERS I WANT YOU TO MEET HER EVEN THOUGH JUST A BARE PROLOGUE.

NEXT CHAPTER IS UP!!