Thirty-four

Photograph
FORSYTHIA - Anticipation
 
 
Eunjun meets up with her friends after a long time. They’ve been nagging about her sudden leave for the past few months. Yeri is the most frustrated ones when she got out of the mental institution but Eunjun wasn’t here. Yeri embraces her in a tight hug, as if she doesn’t want to let go.

 

“We miss you, Jun.”

 

“I miss you guys too. How are you guys doing?” Eunjun smiles. Tzuyu sighs, “We’re fine except for Yeri’s dorm was broke into and it’s all messed up. Thanks to Choa and her minions.”

 

“Why did she do that?” Eunjun gasps. Yeri sighs, “Well… that is just jealous. But Jongin was there with me so he pretty scared them off.” Eunjun sighs, “I’m sorry.”

 

“No need to. Let’s change the topic. Jun-ah, did you know your finals result already?” Yeri asks. Eunjun shakes her head, “No… not yet. It already came out?” Yeri nods, “We all get to continue the second year next year! One more year and we’re ready to get our diploma and continue our degree.”

 

“I can’t wait!” Tzuyu grins. Eunjun smiles, “Yeah…” 

 

 

                                                                                                         

 

 

Eunjun invited her twin sister over to her house. They’ve been talking about stuffs including Oh Sehun. Eunjun was a little bit surprised when Sehun actually called her sister and he’s willing to take Eunjin’s advices. For as long as she’s known Sehun; Sehun was quite a rebel and… cold. Eunjun thought Sehun would curse Eunjin and threw filthy words but instead of doing that, Eunjin told her that Sehun was really shy and not so much a talker. Eunjun stares at her sister in disbelieve but the expression that Eunjin is giving is so reassuring. Well, Eunjin wouldn’t be lying. There’s no point of her to joke about this stuff.

 

Eunjun recalled the last conversation she had with Sehun. She gave Eunjin’s number and Sehun didn’t seem to be angry or anything. She remembered him crying in his room in front of her saying that he didn’t want to die. He pretty much changed his attitude towards Eunjun since the day he was beaten up by Kai at the dorm. Eunjin told her about the first time Sehun seeing her. Sehun looked shocked but when Eunjun asked about his expression, Eunjin said that his eyes weren’t showing any sense of annoyance towards her eventhough Sehun still didn’t know that Eunjin wasn’t Eunjun.

 

“I thought he hates me…” Eunjun says. Eunjun shrugs, “It didn’t seem like it. He didn’t know I was me. He thought it was you and he was just shocked. I wear I didn’t see a glimpe of annoyance and anger in his eyes. It was just… astonishment.”

 

“That’s weird…” Eunjun says.

 

“Maybe he doesn’t hate you.” Eunjin says while shrugging. Eunjun glances at her sister, hesitating to tell her about her professor. She wants to keep it to herself so badly but her heart is screaming to tell Eunjin about him.

 

“Jin… What do someone has to do if they deal with a psychopath?”

 

Eunjin looks up to her with a frown, “What do you mean?”

 

“When someone is obsessed with you… What do you do?”   

 

Eunjin sips on her hot chocolate. A moment of silence fills the room until Eunjin looks up to her sister and speaks up, “Stay away from that person.”

 

 

                                                                                                          

 

 

It’s been quite some times since Eunjun answered any of Junmyeon’s calls and texts. Until he finally comes showing at her door.

 

“Are you done ignoring my calls?” Junmyeon asks, his expression is cold. Eunjun stares at him in shocked, “I… I…”

 

“Why were you ignoring my calls?” He asks. Eunjun shakes her head, “I… wasn’t. I was busy lately.”

 

“Busy chilling at park? Jogging? Strolling around the city? Even when you’re just walking around, you can’t seem to answer my call, Jun. Why did you always hang up on me?” He asks angrily. Eunjun froze, “What? Have you been following me or some ?”

 

“Kim Eunjun. I am everywhere. You can’t avoid me.” Junmyeon grits his teeth. Eunjun stares at him, “So you’ve been following me?”

 

“Yes! Yes, I’ve been following you. Why? Because you won’t stop ignoring me!” Junmyeon raises his voice, pushing Eunjun’s shoulder, making her almost fall backwards and he enters her house, slamming the door.

 

“I thought you will give me a chance, Jun.” Junmyeon says. He then approaches her, cupping her face. His expression changes and his eyes soften, “Please… stop ignoring me. Please…” He pleads.

 

“Please, give me a chance. You said you would try to love me.”

 

Eunjun stares at his pleading face. It’s true; she said that she would try to love him. But then she ignored his calls and texts. Sudden guilt comes into her and she sighs mentally. For a moment, she’s confused with her own feelings. She knows she used to have a slight crush on the professor. She knows she used to love him. But now, she doesn’t know anymore. She’s scared and terrified.

 

“I’m sure you’ll love me, Jun. I will make you even though you don’t.”

 

Eunjun wakes up from her guilty feelings and the warmth she’s having right now. She pushes him away harshly, “You see? That’s your problem! That’s your problem, Junmyeon!” Junmyeon is taken aback by her tone. Eunjun sighs heavily- almost sounds like a scoff, “You can’t just do that. You can’t just go all sweet to me and then do that! You sound like you’re blackmailing me or… some .”

 

Junmyeon stares at her, his expression is unexplainable, “I…I just don’t want to lose you.”

 

Eunjun shakes her head, “Junmyeon, I am not yours to lose.”

 

“Eunjun… you are mine.”

 

“I am not yours.”

 

“You are…”

 

“I am not yours.”

 

“Eunjun… you are mi-…”

 

“I am not yours.”

 

“Stop it, Jun. You are…”

 

“I said I am not yours to lose!” Eunjun shouts, making Junmyeon takes one step back. Eunjun cups , crying silently, “Junmyeon… I am not yours to lose… You can’t… you can’t just do that. You can’t just claim someone to be yours when they’re not.”

 

She continues, “I want to… I want to try to love you. But you can’t always expect a good result from a ‘try’. You can’t unaccept the fate coming in the future. What if I can’t love you?”

 

Junmyeon froze. Eunjun stares at him and approaches him, “What if I can’t love you, Junmyeon? What are you going to do to me? How will you make me love you? I said I could try but I can’t deny that I am scared of you! I am scared if I’m not able to love you… I’m scared of the consequences for not being able to love you…”

 

“Do it the right way, Junmyeon. Enlighten me…” Eunjun cries. Junmyeon approaches her and pulls her into a hug, “Please don’t be scared of me, Jun. Please don’t…”

 

“I’m sorry…” He whispers.

 

“Please don’t be scared of me…”    

 

Just as when Eunjun wants to hug him back, her vision becomes blurry and her head is hurting. She touches her head and her legs become limp. Junmyeon cups her face, staring at the blood coming out from her nose, “Eunjun… Eunjun!”

 

“My head…” Eunjun says. Junmyeon catches her when she’s about to fall, “Eunjun! Can you hear me?”

 

“I’m… going… to pass out…” Eunjun whispers and she finally passes out.

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading this chapter! Please comment <3 This chapter is short, I know. But next chapters will be longer. There will be six more chapters so yeah.
0Y0Lz4y.gif