Thirty-one

Photograph
RED CARNATION - My Heart Aches for You, Admiration
 
 
Junmyeon wakes up and head to the kitchen after a quick shower. Last night, Eunjun didn't sleep with him. He stares at Eunjun who's preparing the breakfast. At first, he's been thinking of making breakfast as usual. But today, Eunjun woke up before him and apparently she's already made the food.

 

"Good morning, darling." He greets. Eunjun doesn't turn around to face him, "Good morning. Breakfast's ready."

 

Junmyeon walks towards her and wraps his arms around her waist. Just as when he wants to rest his chin on her shoulder, she softly pushes away his arms and walks towards the refrigerator. Junmyeon frowns in confusion, but he stays silent.

 

They eat their breakfast in complete silence and the atmosphere is weird since they're not behaving as always. Eunjun is really quiet and she didn't even bother to look up to Junmyeon even for a second.

 

"Are you alright?" He asks. Eunjun slowly nods, "I'm okay."

 

"You don't look okay though."

 

"I'm tired, Junmyeon. I'm going to rest a little bit." She leaves the food on the kitchen counter and walks upstairs. Junmyeon stares at her until she's out of sight. He looks down to her plate and he realises that she only ate half of the toast- not even half.

 

The journey from the private island to Seoul was filled with silence. Well they talked- Junmyeon asked questions, Eunjun answered them shortly. Junmyeon is disappointed with her sudden attitude but he'd decided to shrug it off, thinking Eunjun's probably just thinking about something, or she's not in the mood, or maybe she's just tired.

 

But it makes Junmyeon uncomfortable since every time he tries to touch her, she would step away and avoid his touch.  It upsets him since he wants to touch her so badly. A slight touch of his hand would already make her push his hand away and that makes him really upset.

 

Eunjun wipes the blood from her nose and sighs heavily. Junmyeon cups her face and asks worriedly, "Are you alright?" Eunjun pulls his hands from her face and nods slowly, "I'll be fine. I just need to take a nap."

 

Junmyeon watches as she walks upstairs to her room as they reached Junmyeon's house. Junmyeon has a feeling that she's trying to avoid him and his touch. However, he's still worried about her health condition. Her nose often bleeds and he thought it's probably another effect of travelling too far away.

 

                                                                                                  

 

One month passed and Eunjun's getting colder. Every time Junmyeon tries to touch her, she would do the same- push him away. She mostly spends her day in the room and she would only come out to eat. They talk a little; just not like before.

 

Junmyeon is confused. He couldn't take Eunjun's silence anymore. He watches as she eats her lunch quietly. Junmyeon throws his fork and spoon on the plate, making her flinch a little. She looks up to him.

 

Junmyeon stares at her, "What's wrong with you?" Eunjun looks at him, "Pardon?" He scoffs, "You're acting weird lately. Is there something wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

 

Eunjun shakes her head vigorously, "No... There's nothing wrong." Junmyeon crosses his arms, "For me, everything is wrong. Don't lie to me, Jun. What's on your mind? What is it that you're thinking until you have to treat me like this?"

 

Eunjun sighs, "I'm not lying. There's really nothing."

 

"You've been avoiding me. You would pretend to be sleeping every time I enter your room." He says. Eunjun frowns, "Pretending to be asleep? Excuse me?"

 

"I know, Jun. Every single time I enter your room, you're sleeping. Do you really think human could sleep like that all the time? You can't fool me, Jun."

 

Eunjun looks away, "I'm just tired... I'm not avoiding you."

 

"You always push me away when I try to touch you." He says sternly. Eunjun asks, "Did I?"

 

Junmyeon suddenly touches her hand and she pulls away quickly. Junmyeon stares at her and raises his eyebrows sarcastically, "Did you?"

 

Eunjun stays quiet. She looks down to her food before she gets up from her seat, "I'm going back to my room."

 

"No, you're not. We need to talk." Junmyeon says. When she doesn't listen, he gets up from his chair and pulls her shoulder so that she'll face him.

 

"I don't know why you're acting like this but I do know, you become like this since you..." He pauses and inhales deeply. "...since... That day when we're on the island."

 

Eunjun looks down, "Fine. I'm sorry... I just... I don't think I would like you to touch me again." Junmyeon froze and then frowns, "W-what? Why?"

 

 "I don't want you to touch me again... Not even a slight of a hand. It makes me uncomfortable. I'm sorry..." She says. Junmyeon stares at her in disbelieve, "Are you crazy? Jun, what the hell is wrong with you?"

 

"Nothing's wrong with me! I just don't want you to touch me, that's all!" She raises her voice. Junmyeon shakes his head, "You kissed me, Jun!"

 

"That night, you kissed me. You're the one who kissed me and now you don't want me to touch you?" He grits his teeth. Eunjun looks down, "I'm sorry... I'm... I am not that kind of girl..."

 

Junmyeon stares at her, "I know... I know... But you did that to me... You can't do this to me..."

 

Eunjun looks up when Junmyeon cups her face, "I miss you Jun."

 

"Look me in the eyes and say you don't want me to kiss you." He says. Eunjun froze and her eyes suddenly darted to his lips. She's trying her best to do as he said but her lips are sealed and she can't place her gaze into Junmyeon's eyes.

 

"I know you like it when I kiss you, Jun. The way you respond to each of my kiss already explained that you enjoyed them." He says. He doesn't sound taunting but still, it's taunting. Eunjun looks away but then he pulls her face to face him again.

 

"Say it. Say that you don't want me to kiss you again."

 

Eunjun's heart is beating fast. She opens but it closes again. After a few seconds, Junmyeon smiles.

 

"You can't, right?"

 

Eunjun closes her eyes when Junmyeon crushes his lips on hers. At first, she didn't respond but then she slowly kisses him back. She could feel him smiling between the kiss. He pulls away and smiles to her, "Thought so."

 

"How can I live if I can't kiss you anymore, Kim Eunjun?" Junmyeon says while walking away.

 

"You're mine. Just like what you've told me when we made the deal; I can do whatever I want to you." He winks before he's out of Eunjun's sight, entering the library.

 

Eunjun cries again. She's lost.

 

She really can't get enough of his kiss and his touch.

 

She's lost.

 
Author's Notes
Thanks for reading this chapter! Please comment <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif