Twenty

Photograph
THISTLE - Both Evil and Protection
 
 
The sound of birds' chirping slightly wakes Eunjun up from her sleep. She looks at the pillow and the blanket that covers her cold body.

 

She gets up and leans against the cage, wrapping herself with the blanket. She rests her head to the metal bars and closes her eyes. She wishes she would fall asleep again so that she wouldn't feel the torture of being inside a cage, bored.

 

The door creeks open and she opens her eyes. Mr Kim brings her toast and a small carton on fresh milk. "Good morning, Jun."

 

Eunjun stares at him as he slips the food and the milk between the bars. She then looks away, mentally scoffing. He acts so natural and calm despite he just put a girl in a bloody cage, in his house.

 

Junmyeon's face is worse than yesterday. The bruise starts to purple and they're all over his face.

 

"You look good with broken face." Eunjun says; her expression is cold despite the smirk she has in her head. Junmyeon smiles for a second, "That's harsh, you know? That really hurts... You're surely a feisty one."

 

"Just off. I hate seeing your face." She scoffs. Junmyeon smiles, "But I like seeing your face."

 

Eunjun rolls her eyes. The goose bump starts to rise as the cringe is so ing real. She takes the toast and glances at him, "Are you going to stand there and watch me eat or some ?" 

 

He shrugs, "I'd love to do that." Eunjun scoffs as he sits on the sofa opposite the cage. He stares and smiles at her. Eunjun cringes and tears the milk carton, inserting the straw.

 

"You really are a freak, don't you?" Eunjun asks sarcastically. He just shrugs it off and keeps on staring at her. Eunjun rolls her eyes and then takes a bite of the toast.

 

She's really uncomfortable right now but she keeps on eating since she's hungry as . When she's done, she throws the plate and the empty milk carton from the cage.

 

She stares at him, "I'm done... So could you please stop staring at me like a creep and go away."

 

Junmyeon gets off the sofa and walks towards her, "Do you want to shower?" Eunjun nods slowly and he gives her a handcuff.

 

"Put them on, and then I'll open the cage."

 

Eunjun stares at the cuffs for a few seconds. She touches her wrist that starts to leave a scar before she puts it on unwillingly. Junmyeon smiles in satisfaction and opens the cage. Eunjun slowly walks out of there and flinched slightly as Junmyeon grabs her arm.

 

Junmyeon leads her to his sister's room on the second floor, the one Eunjun slept on the first day. First day she got a quite comfortable bed but then she's living in a bloody cage like an animal.

 

Junmyeon takes off her handcuffs and pushes the bathroom door. "I'll be back in an hour." He leaves the room and Eunjun quickly enters the bathroom to clean herself up.

 

One hour... I have one hour.

 

She brushes her teeth and takes a quick shower. After that, she dries her hair up and gets out of the bathroom. She opens the wardrobe and grabs a plain black t-shirt and sweatpants after taking the undergarments.

 

She walks to the door and stick her right ear to the door. She hears nothing so she opens the door slowly. Eunjun walks out the door casually at first. In case if Junmyeon sees her, he wouldn't suspect that she's trying to run away. She walks down the stairs and she's already very close to the exit.

 

Eunjun pulls the cylinder lock softly so it won't make any sound. She sighs in relief as it really didn't make any sound. She puts her hand on the doorknob, twisting it slowly. She holds her breath and prays so the sound won't be heard by Junmyeon, wherever he is.

 

"Jun!"

 

Eunjun gasps as Junmyeon saw her from the second floor. He runs down the stairs and she quickly runs out of the door. She looks around and her jaw drops. This place is literally just garden. There are no other houses around and there are trees along the street. The street ends at Mr Kim's garage. Eunjun runs, following the street.

 

It's like the cabin in the woods!

 

Eunjun runs deep into the small forest, barefooted. She motivates herself to keep running. After a long run, she still didn't reach the main road,

 

"How long is this bloody road?!" Eunjun pants heavily. She hides behind a tree and lets her body falls. She leans against the tree and touches her chest. She looks at her sole lace and they're dirty as .  She froze when she heard footsteps near her. She stands up and squeezes herself to be as thin as possible behind the tree.

 

Please don't see me, please don't see me.

 

The footsteps sound like it’s going further. Eunjun bits her lower lip and takes a peek from behind the tree.

 

"I got you." Mr Kim pulls her hair from behind and she's dragged by him. Eunjun groans and screams her heart out.

 

"Help me!!! Someone please!"

 

Junmyeon hugs her waist from behind and drags her like he did to her on the first day, "No one's going to hear you, silly ."

 

"Let go of me!!!" She struggles. Junmyeon grits his teeth; fasten his pace to the house. Unfortunately, Eunjun is back to the house. Junmyeon throws her to the floor once they enter the house.

 

He slams the door shut and locks it. Junmyeon charges towards her and pulls her hair, "You just can't get enough, don't you?!"

 

He punches her face and she groans in pain. Junmyeon is furious. He keeps on throwing punches to Eunjun's abdomen. "I told you; don't make me angry but you still make me angry!"

 

He slaps Eunjun's cheek. "I told you... You won't like it when I'm angry." He cups Eunjun's face harshly, "What do you think now? Do you like it when I'm angry?"

 

"Of course you don't!" He shouts in her face and pushes her head, making it hit the floor. Eunjun cries and curls herself, hugging her arms. Junmyeon kicks her stomach, ruffling his hair in anger.

 

"I was so nice to you... I let you punched my ing face and I kept on being patient because I didn't want to hurt you. But now... I'm done! I'm so done, Kim Eunjun!" He kicks her stomach again.

 

"You should be thankful that I spared your life..." He says and crouches to punch her face once again. Eunjun crawls backwards to get away from him, “Stop it…” However, he approaches her and he’s about to land a kick on her stomach again when Eunjun dodges his leg.

 

She gets up and punches his face with all of her energy she has. Her hands curl into a fist and she hits his left side of his head. She’s about to punch him one more time when Junmyeon grabs her fist and he throws a punch on Eunjun’s face. She is kicked again by him when her face kisses the ground.  

 

Junmyeon picks her up bridal style-not romantically. He climbs up the staircase and enters the room. He opens the cage and throws her to the floor, making her back slammed to the bars.

 

Junmyeon locks the cage and pants heavily. He looks at her with an icy glare. Before he gets out from the room, he turns around for the last time.

 

"Next time, you'll know better. Don't make me angry."

 
Author's Notes
Please comment your thoughts about this chapter <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif