Twelve

Photograph
PURPLE HEATHER - Solitude, Beauty, Admiration
 
 
Mr Kim waits patiently in front of Eunjun's hotel room. He crosses his arm and presses the bell again. He pulls out his phone and texts her.

 

To: Kim Eunjun

Where are you?

 

Kim Eunjun

Sorry, let's meet at the museum straight away okay?

 

The professor frowns and shrugs to himself. He leaves the floor and head straight into a cab. He arrives at the museum shortly. He looks around him and found no sign of his student.

 

To: Kim Eunjun

Where are you?

 

Kim Eunjun

I'm on my way.

 

He sighs. He smiles when Catherine greets him, "Hi... Where's Jun?" Mr Kim waves his phone, "She's on her way."

 

Catherine frowns, "Huh? You didn't come together?" He shakes his head, "She went out this evening."

 

"Mr Junmyeon Kim, I'm a fan of your work. Could you place an autograph on this?" A girl hands her notebook and he smiles, "Thank you so much. Of course, I'll sign this for you."

 

The girl smiles and blushes, "Thank you! You look very good." The professor looks down, scratching the back of his neck, "Thank you. You're not bad yourself."

 

Catherine pats his shoulder, "You should grab a drink and dance. The night is still young and I’m sure you don't want to miss the fun."

 

Junmyeon looks around him and listens to the fast-beat music. He shakes his head slowly, "I don't think you would want to see an old man like me dancing."

 

Catherine rolls her eyes, "25 years old is not old. I'm going to greet other students. Enjoy yourself." Junmyeon nods and she walks away, greeting the guy that talked to Eunjun this morning.

 

"I'm sorry, I’m late."

 

Junmyeon turns around to the familiar voice and froze on the spot. He stares at the person from bottom to the top. He blinks his eyes and then frowns, "Jun?"

 

Eunjun exhales heavily, "I'm so sorry. I lost the track of time." Junmyeon shakes his head, "No... No... It's alright."

 

He scans her once again from top to bottom and then back to the top. He noticed the dress from her photograph. The makeup makes her eyes look mysterious. Her eyes are dark with black and gold eyeshadow on her crease, together with turquoise eyeshadow on her eyelids, smudged until half of her waterlines. Her eyeliners are drawn like Cleopatra’s and she's wearing grey contact lenses that almost look like her real eye colours.

 

Junmyeon's eyes darted to her lips. Her lips are coated with pink matte lipstick. She wore lip balm before applying the matte so that her lips won't look dry. Her lips look soft and the lipstick looks almost natural on her face.

 

His eyes travel to her hair. She lets her wavy middle length hair down. The curls are obviously curled by a curling iron and they look so good on her.

 

Scratch that, she looks perfect.

 

Not forget to mention, she dyed her hair grey. Eunjun looks at herself, "Do I look weird?"

 

Junmyeon shakes his head, "You look beautiful." She smiles shyly, "And you look amazing."

 

Junmyeon is wearing a navy blue coat with white shirt in the inside. He chose a blood red tie to finish the style.

 

"Smile for the camera."

 

Junmyeon and Eunjun smile and the camera flashes. The photographer smiles and makes thumbs up. From far away, Eunjun saw Tom is coming towards them.

 

"I couldn't recognise you but I know it's you. You look amazing!" Tom exclaims. Eunjun pushes his shoulder softly, "Stop it... You don't look bad yourself."

 

"You look taller." Tom laughs and Eunjun points her index finger to her heels. Tom grabs her hand, "Come dance with me!" Eunjun follows him, leaving Junmyeon there.

 

Junmyeon crosses his arms and scoffs unconsciously. He stares at her as she dances with Tom.

 

Junmyeon suddenly smiles when he looks at her smile and her laugh. Her hair flips softly when she spins around. He likes the way her hair bounce when she sways her body to the rhythm.

 

The slow song comes in and the two of them dance awkwardly. Eunjun places her left hand on Tom's left shoulder while her right hand is holding Tom's hand. Meanwhile, Tom's right hand is placed to Eunjun's waist.

 

"My professor asked about you this morning. He complimented your photo." He says. Eunjun smiles, "Tell my ex professor that I say thank you."

 

Tom laughs, "He's somewhere in the corner. Probably drinking wine."

 

Tom turns around when he felt someone pats his shoulder. Junmyeon smiles at him, "May I?"

 

Eunjun froze.

 

He wants to dance with me?

 

Tom smiles at him and nods, "It's great to see you again, Jun. I hope we can meet again someday."

 

Eunjun smiles, "Goodbye Thomas."

 

Junmyeon smiles at her and wraps his arms around Eunjun's waist. She froze and she looks at his hands. She slowly raises her hands and wraps them around Junmyeon's neck.

 

She mentally yelps when Junmyeon pulls her closer to him. She looks up to see his smiling eyes. They are so close that she could feel some strings of her hair touches his chin.

 

Junmyeon looks down and stares at her with a smile. They move their feet to the music. Eunjun feels her heart beats fast. Her nose is now filled in with Junmyeon's cologne, sending chills all over her body. She likes the smell of his perfume and she unconsciously moves forward towards him. 

 

This feels so wrong yet so good.

 

"You look ravishing." He whispers. Eunjun shuts her eyes. Here it goes again, the tension.

 

"You too." Her husky voice says. She looks up and froze as she realised that Junmyeon is staring at her. He says, "I'll see you in the lobby at 9am tomorrow. We're going breakfast."

 

Eunjun nods, "Okay."

 

"Do you want to go back to the hotel now?" He asks. Eunjun shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe not yet. Can I stay a little longer?"

 

"Sure. Do you want to get a drink?" He smiles. Eunjun shakes her head, "I don't drink alcohol."

 

"Really? What do you want to do now?"

 

Eunjun looks down for a second before looking at her professor again, "I think I'm going to get some fresh air."

 

Eunjun releases her hands, making Junmyeon slowly pulls his hands from her waist. She walks to the garden and sits on the bench.

 

She looks at the spotlights, before looking down to the ground. She tries to calm her unexplainable feelings in her body but it takes a lot of time.

 

What's wrong with me?

 

She flinched to the camera flash and she holds her chest, "You scared me."

 

The girl smiles and takes the Polaroid picture, waving it in the air.

 

After a few seconds, she hands the Polaroid picture to Eunjun. Eunjun smiles at the photo, "Thank you."

 

It's a photo of her, looking at the ground. However, her face could still be seen. The background of the coloured waterfountain just made everything better. The girl nods with a smile and then walks away.

 

Eunjun shivers when the cold breeze hits her skin. She rubs her palms together and hugs herself. After she did that, a familiar smell came into her nose, together with warmth on her skin.

 

She looks back and sees Mr Kim smiling at her. He just puts his coat on Eunjun's body. She smiles, "Thanks."

 

"You're gonna freeze if you keep on sitting here." He says. She chuckles, "Can we go back to the hotel?"

 

The professor smiles and then nods, "Let's go."

 

Eunjun leans her body to the seat. The taxi driver drives very smoothly, making her feel sleepy. Mr Kim looks at her, "Can I take a look at the picture? The one that the girl gave you."

 

Eunjun passes the Polaroid picture to him. He smiles to the photo. He is satisfied with Eunjun's pure expression in the photo. She doesn't even have to pose. A simple photo like this could already tell a certain feeling via the expression in the photo.

 

He can see the uneasiness plastered on her face in the Polaroid picture. But still, she looks breath taking. He turns his head to her. He realises that she has fallen asleep.

 

He slips the Polaroid picture into his pocket and rests his head on the seat.

 
Author's Notes
Thanks for reading this chapter! Please comment <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif