Ten

Photograph
IRIS - Good News
 
 
Eunjun takes off her plaster and smiles as the wound healed. She picks up the phone when she looks at Tzuyu's caller ID.

 

"Tzuyu."

 

"Hi, Jun. I'm going to visit Yeri. I'll be stopping by at the dormitory to pack some of her clothes. Wanna come along?" She asks.

 

Eunjun agrees, "I'll see you in her dorm."

 

Eunjun and Tzuyu walk out of the girls' dorm and head to the boys' dorm to see Kai. Yeri asked Tzuyu to take her laptop from Kai, and they did.

 

"Send my regards to my sweet little munchkin." Kai grins. Tzuyu laughs "Will do." Just as they wanted to get out, Eunjun saw Sehun talking to Hana. She pulls Tzuyu and they hide behind a huge pillar, together with Kai.

 

"Before she went missing, she was with you Sehun!" Hana says. Sehun scratches his head in annoyance, "Look... She wasn't with me. Okay she was with me, but then we went off to our own ways. After that, I've never seen her again."

 

Hana stares at him with teary eyes, "I don't know whether I could trust you or not, Sehun oppa."

 

Sehun chuckles darkly, "I didn't ask you to trust me. I just need you to off. I'm not in a good mood right now, kid. Off you go."

 

Hana looks down, "She's always wanted to be a model." Sehun shrugs, "I made her one. But then, she's gone. I don't know where the she went, and now I have to find another model to replace her."

 

"Oppa, you know that's not what I meant. Did you hurt her? Did you hurt her like you've hurt Yeri unnie?"

 

Sehun scowls, "Excuse me? You know what? I'm done. Just go home, Hana. I'm so tired with this bull." He walks away quickly, leaving Hana shouting his name.

 

Kai, Tzuyu and Eunjun stare each other. Tzuyu whispers, "Do you think Sehun has anything to do with Yujin's disappearance?"

 

Eunjun shrugs, "I don't know..."

 

Kai asks, "That girl is Yujin's sister?" Tzuyu nods, "Stepsister."

 

"Do you think Sehun knows something about Yujin's disappearance?" Kai asks and Eunjun shrugs while shaking her head, "I have no idea, Jongin."

 

"Just Kai."

 

                                                                                                    

 

Eunjun walks in the diner and froze on the spot when she saw Sehun is eating at the front table. Sehun noticed her and puts down his spoon and fork.

 

"If it’s not the Seoul Arts’ hero." Sehun says coldly. "Hero more like hoe."

 

She sighs, "I thought you were going to say zero." Sehun frowns, "You're really are bad luck, don't you think? My appetite's gone once I saw your face."

 

youuuuu!

 

"I told Choa to tell you that the bad lucks came from yourself." Eunjun says. Sehun swallows his drink and looks at her, "You're really annoying, do you know that?"

 

Eunjun sighs mentally and walks pass his table, sitting at the back. She orders her meals and smiles to the waitress. After a few minutes, Sehun sits at her table, opposite her.

 

Eunjun flinches a little and stares at him. Sehun breathes in and then speaks, "I'm angry."

 

He then shakes his head, "No, scratch that, I’m furious."

 

Eunjun stares at him, not knowing what she should say to him. It's clearly showing anger in his eyes. She could feel his dark aura and his hatred. His breathing is harsh and the sound of his voice from his gritted teeth is dangerous. Every word from his mouth sounds like threats.

 

"I hate you, Kim Eunjun."

 

Eunjun's heart beats fast. She opens , "I didn't mean to tell the dean about the toilet incident..."

 

Sehun leans in closer, "Uh huh, you didn't mean to? Thanks to you I got suspended. Bless your ing dirty mouth, ."

 

"You knew it wasn't me who started it. You can't blame me. Plus, why would I back you up? Yeri is my friend and she suffered because of you. You drugged her, Oh Sehun." Eunjun clenches her fists.

 

She continues, "Just because you're rich, that doesn't mean you can harass other people and get away with it easily. You're lucky enough you're not going to jail. Why's that? Because you're ing rich."

 

Sehun's expression changes from his angry stares to an intense one. Eunjun breathes heavily, "You can smoke tons of crap and eat many kinds of but you can still get away with it. Why? Because of your god-damned last name."

 

Sehun keeps staring at her. She swallows her saliva slowly. He looks away and leaves the table quickly; not noticing something fell from his pocket. Eunjun takes the bottle and read the prescription.

 

Name: Oh Sehun

Age: 20

Paroxetine  

 

What medicine is this? Eunjun asks herself and slips the bottle into her bag pack. 

 

                                                                                                    

 

The dean walks up on the stage and opens an envelope. The crowd is cheering loudly as they'd already know that today is the day when the San Francisco contest's winner will be announced.

 

"As we've already known, the San Francisco contest is for the Photography Class. Each student must submit the most unique photo they've taken to Mr Kim Junmyeon. The photos were judged by Mr Kim himself, as he is the most known photographer in Korea." He continues, "The winner will be going to San Francisco with Mr Kim Junmyeon himself and the photo will be displayed in San Francisco Museum of Modern Arts for eternity!"

 

The crowd cheers even louder.

 

"Without wasting our time, I'll introduce you to our winner... Kim Eunjun!"

 

Eunjun's eyes widened and she stares at Mr Kim on the stage. He is smiling widely while she's still in shocked. Tzuyu claps her hands and hugs Eunjun's shoulder tightly. Eunjun gets up from her seat and climbs onto the stage.

 

The dean gives her a white envelope and she bows to him, "Thank you for choosing me." The dean laughs, "Mr Kim chose you."

 

Eunjun turns around and looks at him, "You weren't kidding..." Mr Kim frowns, "About what?"

 

"About taking me to San Francisco."

 

Mr Kim smiles, "Kidding is not my thing."

 

                                                                                                   

 

Mr Kim and Eunjun are walking together at the campus' garden. Eunjun writes down everything on her notebook about the upcoming test, right after they're back from San Francisco.

 

Eunjun focused on the professor's explanation, moving her hands quickly to write everything down. "The image is on a mirror-like silver surface, normally kept under glass, and will appear either positive or negative depending on the angle at which it is viewed, how it is lit and whether a light or dark background is being reflected in the metal. The darkest area..."

 

Eunjun noticed a guy on a skateboard on the right when the wheels screeched. The skateboarder almost ran into Mr Kim when Eunjun pulls him on time, letting the skateboarder passes through.

 

"Incoming!"

 

Mr Kim sighs in relief, "That's a close one. Thank you, Jun."

 

Eunjun nods, "If that hits you... I'll probably miss my chance to go to San Francisco." He laughs, "You're probably right."

 

Eunjun looks at her watch and smiles to the professor, "I have to go now. Thanks for your time."

 

She walks a few steps and then stops when Mr Kim calls out, "Jun."

 

He smiles, "Take care. I'll see you at the airport."

 

                                                                                                   

 

Eunjun wears her green flannel with black stripes, leaving it ed since she's wearing a dark grey tank top in the inside. She wears her favourite blue jeans and her white converse. She ties her hair up into a high pony tail casually. She drags her luggage to the counter and enters the departure hall after she checked in.

 

After a few minutes, she heard a familiar soft voice greeting from her left. She smiles to her professor and wishes him a good evening. She looks at the professor from top to bottom.

 

He wears his suit as always.

 

"Have you eaten?" He asks. Eunjun shakes her head. He chuckles, "Excited aren't we?"

 

Eunjun smiles, "Probably."

 

"How did your parents react about you going to San Francisco?" He asks and she gasps. Her parents don't know anything. Eunjun turns her face to him, "I forgot!"

 

Eunjun pulls out her phone and dials her dad's number. Once her dad picks up, she greets him cheerfully.

 

"Dad, how are you?"

 

She heard her dad yawns, "I'm alright. You called... This is new."

 

"Yeah I just wanna tell you that um... I'm going to San Francisco."

 

"What? Why?" Her dad asks. She presses her lips together, "I won a contest that the university held. I submitted a photo and... I won."

 

"Ah... Congratulations. When are you going?"

 

"Um... Now."

 

"Pardon?"

 

"Now... I know! I'm so sorry, I literally forgot. Please don't be mad." She bits her nail. Her dad sighs, "How could I be mad at you, Kim Eunjun. Take care and have a safe flight. Don't forget to eat."

 

"I love you dad."

 

"I love you more, sweetheart."

 

Eunjun smiles brightly and activates the airplane mode on her iPhone. She puts it back in her sling back and leans against the chair.

 

She's still smiling and she realises Mr Kim is still staring at her. Her smile fades and she blinks for a few times, "What's wrong?"

 

Mr Kim frowns, "You didn't tell your dad before? You don't live with him?"

 

"Ah... My family's currently in Beijing. They'll be back in three months. I'm living alone for now in my own apartment. When they're back, I'll move to our house... Or not." She shrugs.

 

"Why did you move from London?" He asks. "My father wanted me to do so."

 

"Did you take photography too back then?"

 

Eunjun shakes her head, "I took music. I changed to photography a month before I moved here, and I continue the course here."

 

The professor nods slowly, "Why did you drop music?" Eunjun grins, "Basically, I'm lazy to memorise the music notes and learn to play instruments."

 

Mr Kim laughs a little, so do Eunjun, "I know! I'm terrible! Hahaha!"

 

"You've made a wise choice for choosing this course. It looks easy but it's actually not. Photography needs talent and patience. You have to learn the right techniques in order to capture a perfect shot. However, I think it'll be easy for you since... You already have the talent." He says.

 

Eunjun stares at him and laughs "Stop it seonsangnim." He chuckles too, "It's true..."

 

"Good evening to all people. This is a call for passengers of Korean Air flight KE023, KE023 to San Francisco. Please head to gate one for departure. Thank you."

 

Mr Kim smiles, "It's our call."

 

Eunjun stretches her right arm, "Ready for 10 hours flight."

 
Author's Notes
Hello! Thanks for reading! I hope this chapter is not too long *and not too short either* Please, comment because I am really greedy for comments XD
0Y0Lz4y.gif