A Forgotten Legend

Monster (Sequel to Love Me Right)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] *Flashbacks are written in this colour*[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"Oh, it's just you, #16."

"Hey, #10," I said with a smile.

"Just call me 10," he meekly stated.

I carefully closed the door behind to not attract any unnecessary attention. I moved over to where #10 sat and took a seat beside him. 

"So, what brings you here?" he asked.

"I came to tell you that we have a plan to escape," I whispered. 

His ears peaked to get a better listen. "What is it?"

I scooched over and began whispering our plan to him. 

"Are you in?" I asked, my eyes pleading him.

He nodded. "I'm in."

"That's great."

"When do we start?"

"Well, #99 was telling me that every other day you guys go to the training area which is where we'll start our plan," I informed.

"You want us to use our powers there right?" I nodded. There was a pause before he spoke up. "I know I already asked you but how is Ha Na doing? I'm really going crazy just wondering how she is getting by without me."

"To be honest, she was doing great before I left but I can't say that now since I'm now here. Even though she acts like she's fine on the ourside, she's not on the outside but regardless of that, I do know that she's going to be okay. So, the quicker we can escape, the sooner you will be able to see your Ha Na."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Just everything."

I gave him a pat on the shoulder before getting up. "I'm going to get going now. I have the rest of EXO to talk to."

As I walked towards the exit, #10's voice stopped me. "When the skies and the grounds were one, the legends, through their twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil which coveted the heart of tree of life, and the heart slowly grew dry. To tend and embrace the heart of tree of life, the legends hereby divide the tree in half and hide each side. Hence, time is overturned and space turns askew. The twelve forces divide into two and create two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends travel apart."

I turned around to ask what he was talking about but only to back away in fear when I saw his eyes. His glowing red eyes. I saw a white glint and it made his eyes look almost like a total solar eclipse. I'm not sure why I thought that but his eyes were captivating. 

"The legends shall now see the same sky but shall stand on different grounds, shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies. The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two worlds that seem alike, the legends will greet each other. The day the red force is purified, the twelve forces will reunite into one perfect root, a new world shall open up," he continued in a robotic manner.

I felt my body freeze when I finished listening to his speech. Why did this story seem so familiar? 

"No way," I muttered once I realised where I heard the same story from.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked as I took a seat beside my best friend, slightly surprised to see him reading a book since I never saw him read before.

"A legend," he nonchalantly responded, not bothering to look up from his book.

"What kind of legend?" I asked as I tried to get a peek at his book. 

"It's a legend from another world different from Earth's."

The language was strange but somehow very familiar. "This definitely doesn't look like any language from Earth. It's not Latin, right?"

"Nope. This is nothing like Latin."

"Then how are you able to understand it? You can't even read English properly," I asked.

"I'm not sure either. I found this book on one of my book shelves when I was cleaning my library," he replied.

"You have a library?!" I exclaimed. "But you don't read."

"Yes, I do. Why would I have a library if I didn't read?" he riposted.

"You have a point. Anyways, what is this legend that you're talking about?" I asked as I leaned over even more to see the book. Even though it was old and the pages have gone tea yellow, the book was still in good condition.

He responded immediately and flipped to the first page—to only begin reading in a dramatic voice. "When the skies and the grounds were one, the legends, through their twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil which coveted the heart of tree of life, and the heart slowly grew dry. To tend and embrace the heart of tree of life, the legends hereby divide the tree in half and hide each side. Hence, time is overturned and space turns askew. The twelve forces divide into two and create two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends travel apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but shall stand on different grounds, shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies. The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two worlds that seem alike, the legends will greet each other. The day the red force is purified, the twelve forces will reunite into one perfect root, a new world shall open up." 

"What does this all mean?" I asked.

"I'm not sure either but I have a bad feeling in my stomach that something bad is going to happen. I have a feeling that when the twelve forces try to find each other, the red force will be there to stop them."

"You seem to take this legend very seriously."

"Yeah..."

"10," I called out once my sudden flashback was over.

His eyes slowly reverted back to its original state. "Huh? What happened?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at his confused state. "What you said just now? Where did you hear that from?"

"Hear what from?"

I jogged over to him and grabbed his shoulders. "Where did you hear that from? Did Minseok tell you that?"

"Minseok? You mean, Xiumin?" he asked.

I shook his shoulders. "Tell me—"

"J! That's enough!" I hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter