Chapter 5

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIVE; IT FEELS LIKE THERE'S SOMETHING MISSING HERE.

"You know, we've got experience so I doubt unlocking your power will really be that hard"

"Baekhyun, whilst I appreciate your optimism, is there some sort of planning or something you could go and do, you know you so you're not bothering me?" Lee muttered, she kept her eyes closed, stopping her from being able to see the pout on Baekhyun's lips that would have forced a grim expression upon her face. Baekhyun sat in front of her, much to hers and D.O's disturbance. His mouth was yet to pause to take a breath. He must have been breathing now Lee assumed because he hadn't talked since he started pouting.

"But I'm being realistic here, we've done this before, Kyungsoo is an expert at this sort of thing and I know exactly what has to happen and how. I have one of the best memories I can ever remember anyone having" Baekhyun continued. And there it is. Lee sighed, this was growing to be normal but that never meant she wasn't annoyed by it.

"Go and put that memory to good use somewhere else then" Lee had thought D.O must have been in his zone, ever since he had given her the rundown on how to meditate and why it will help he hadn't spoken a word. She just assumed he must have already reached his inner zen and was floating on air. There was a huff, definitely from Baekhyun and his sulky self, then he ran his mouth off a little more and sought refuge in using his partner in crime for entertainment. There was a long period of silence, Lee's fingers began to twitch and she had the growing urge to raise her fists and scream in anger.

"Don't move" D.O muttered and Lee froze like she was told to. Is he watching me? She questioned and nothing more was said as she continued to sit in silence. This was her first time meditating, D.O was now well aware of that, that and the fact that she still had a long way to go before she would be finding some peace and patience within herself to actually sit and concentrate. Time ticked by, Sehun's eyes constantly moved from his small pocket-sized clock and then to the twitching girl before him, he was waiting for it, timing what was bound to happen any second now.

"That's it! I'm done with this bull!" Her final string snapped and Sehun watched in amusement as Lee threw her hands in the air, causing eyes to drift her way as she exploded. Lee stood up and marched away from where D.O was sitting, an 'I knew it' look on his face as she dropped to the ground again at a distance from him.

"Who the hell would meditate just so they can wield an element?" She grumbled and Chanyeol laughed next to her.

"I know right, it's stupid" He agreed and Lee looked at the flames he was manipulating.

"Says the one who's clearly done enough meditating to be wielding fire" She huffed as Chanyeol continued to laugh.

"Hey, we all gotta do it if we want our gifts" He shrugged and Lee sighed as she let herself fall against the perch of a tree.

"It feels like there's something missing here" Lee muttered after an easy going silence had formed between the two of them, Lee was never much of a talker and Chanyeol was too busy being distracted by his gift to make a conversation with anyone.

"It's you and your inability to meditate to reach your gift" Chen responded with a snort as Chanyeol turned to look at them.

"No, it feels there's more than that missing, more than one thing. Like when you receive a package but not everything you needed was in it" Lee further explained and the two stared at her, all sign of emotion wiped off their faces instantly after she spoke.

"This is nothing strange, she's meant to get us out of here, which means she's connected to us, obviously she was bound to notice the people missing" It was if that was his cue, Xiumin appeared sitting before them like magic and Lee's eyes widened and she stiffened for a few short seconds before relaxing and looking at Xiumin with curious eyes.

"Who's missing, is there more people?" She asked and Xiumin nodded as the group they sat in got larger until Lay was staring at them with confusion and rushing to join them.

"Yes, there was originally twelve of us" Suho gave a short smile as for once, the group was silent, the people that were normally arguing to be heard were now silently battling in order to not have to speak.

"Then who are the others? Where are they?"

"We don't know" He continued to smile sadly and Lee frowned as her eyes drifted away from Suho's, from everyone in the group.

There were screams everywhere, battle cries were made with the clang of every sword and the pain of every wound. There was the crackling of fire and the harsh blow of wind so strong one thought it would have the ability to cut their skin open. There was a high pitched scream, the Queen of Hearts collapsed to the ground in the middle fo the war, the battle was never ending.

"Kill them" Her finger pointing in their general direction, the pure anger and determination in their eyes, it all signalled for a never ending fight. There was only one plan, defeat the Queen and her people and leave through that hole they were all working so hard to get to.

"Kris!" It's like the air was swept out from under him, but none of the Queen's people were capable of doing such things, so everyone was left gobsmacked as Kris fell, only managing to catch himself from a ten feet drop seconds from crashing into the ground. Nothing was working for them, they thought they had this in the bag, they were bound to win, they had powers ten times the strength of any army the Queen could throw at them. But they were losing, and people were dying.

"Alice look out! Tao could never die a more cliche, heroic death. They were beyond humans, no one would ever know if they were the same species as the ones they were fighting, but they weren't immune to their weapons. The sword pierced through him to easily, it was sickening to watch and Kyungsoo could feel the wicked taste of bile crawling up his throat as the silver weapon moved in a clean cut, causing dirty sins they could never unsee. It stopped just millimetres before the button of Alice's belly, rendering her into a shaken state as the eyes boring into her own widened, a gasp of shock leaving Tao's lips before life quickly escaped his body.

Never could there have been a scream filled with such horror, the way she scattered from his falling body and the blood dripping into her dress, staining it with its rich red colour. The screams of terror, the unstoppable flow of blood, it all tainted their fight, it all stained their memories.

"And we have no idea where Kris and Luhan have disappeared to" Lee stared at them shocked, just how bad could things get? And why did they have to be trapped in this hell hole?

"That's horrible" She muttered and the were mutters of agreement.

"Well, they would go to any lengths to keep us from leaving, they wouldn't want their play things to leave, then what would they do with themselves?" Lay gave a bitter smile and she stared at him with falling open, she didn't know how to answer that, or if she even should give him an answer for that matter.

"Hey, don't give us that look, it makes us feel bad for ourselves" Baekhyun laughed, slapping her on the back and bringing Lee back to reality. Lee gave Baekhyun a small smile as they met eyes and his grew the smallest amount, trying to will hers to appear real.

"Let's have another go at meditating, we should all do it" Xium

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter