Chapter 2

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWO; SUDDEN ATTACHMENTS

"What are you doing?" Lee asked in disturbance as the quiet male approached her. Lay ignored her as he lifted her arms and slipped them through a black suit jacket.

"I asked you a question" She snapped at him and Lay looked her in the eye as he blinked slowly.

"It gets cold out at night. You'll freeze to death in what you're wearing" He answered after taking a slow deep breath. Lee looked down at her school uniform and returned her eyes to meet his as she bowed her head politely.

"Thanks" She muttered and Lay nodded, turning away as she caught a glimpse of the number labelling him on his collar. As she looked at each of the boys surrounding her she noticed he wasn't the only one with a number on his clothes.

"Why do you all have numbers on your clothes?" She asked no one imparticular and Suho came to her side, raising her arms again.

"What now?" She huffed and Suho gave her a gentle smile.

"The queen, she's one for keeping things in a strict category, people included" Suho explained as he moved the jacket out of his way and he wrapped the black silky material in his hands around her waist.

"She also persistently keeps track of the number of people walking her land that she is keeping here. People here by choice can walk around freely because they worship her, but people like us are numbered and constantly checked on because we don’t want to be here" Suho continued to explain as Lee looked at him with wide eyes.

"Why?" She mumbled to herself under her breath as Suho fluffed the jacket and let it flow with the silk material that was tied in a knot at her side, the material continuing to cascade down her leg, hiding her right leg and camouflaging in with the night.

"Not everything she does really actually sets us back, we have to wear such things to show the surrounding people we are the unwanted. But the material being black helps us hide in the dark and makes the night our friend, not our enemy" Xiumin held a crooked smile as he let the silk tied to Lee’s waist slip through his fingers and she looked at his tipping hat with its own ribbon of silk tied around it.

Lee flinched as they walked before her and she looked up at the overgrown male leaning down, towering over her. He leant away for a moment, holding his stomach in delight as he laughed, only to lean back in closely to her face, eyes boring into hers, sparkling with wildness.

"You had better follow us if you don't want to be left behind, missy!" Chanyeol exclaimed crossing the line of personal space and Lee leant back as she cringed at the lack of the said boundary.

"Don't scare her too much yet Chanyeol" Baekhyun put his hand on the tall man's shoulder.

"Give her little bit of time so we can really give her a scare when she least expects it"

"No but seriously, you really should stick close to us if you don't want to get lost" Chen grabbed Lee's hand as Chanyeol began whispering ways to scare her to Baekhyun.

"Uh, do you mind?-"

"Shh! Someone's coming!" Suho silenced everyone and Chen grinned with wide eyes towards her.

"Let's go!" His eyebrows gave a single bounce and his grip clamped down on Lee's hand even tighter than before as he yanked her through the trees and bushes.

"Ya! You bloody lunatic what do you think you're doing!" Lee snapped at him and a loud bark echoed around them.

"Shh, princess! Do I have to tell you again? The queen has her people come and check on us at random times, they know one day someone was coming to help get us out of here. So once they know you're here they're gonna do everything they can to stop you from helping us all get home!" Chen rushed out as he wrapped his arms around her tightly and Lee let out a quiet 'oof’ at the strength she was shoved into him with. Chen hid behind the thick trunk of a tree, trying not to listen to the Knave of Hearts getting closer to the others.

"Where is the other one?" A stern voice demanded and Suho looked around at the others.

"Which one?" He asked just in time for Kai to fade away from view and the Knave of hearts glared.

"The one that's normally with him!" He pointed at Baekhyun. "Where is your doppelganger?" He demanded and Baekhyun looked around as he touched his face, covered with bruises that they already gave him in their last visit.

"I didn't think we looked that alike" Baekhyun muttered darkly, his eyes meeting the Knave of Heart's that were glaring down at Baekhyun from his horse.

"Where is he?!" He demanded.

"Why don't you go find him yourself?" Baekhyun shrugged and a metal pipe swung at him, crashing down on his shoulder as he stumbled from the impact.

"I better not find any of your friends looking for an escape" The Knave of Hearts growled down at him. Kyungsoo ran out from behind some trees, his wide eyes becoming flat and his lips drawing in a straight line when he saw who was still here.

"Oh, you're still here, don’t you have better thing to do?" Kyungsoo spoke bluntly and the metal pipe was thrown at him.

"Get outta my sight. I better not catch any more of your friends lurching around" He growled as Kai appeared in front of him and left again.

"Kim Jongin!" The Knave of Hearts boomed.

"You better hope I don't find you!"

-----------

Her eyes wandered the area as she was pulled into the building by her hand being tightly clasped by Kyungsoo. His feet scurried as he hurried her into the familiar house and the door slammed shut, making her flinch as her attention was diverted from the wide eyed man holding her hand rather tightly and put onto the tall eager man who had his hands clasped.

"It's dinner time!" He exclaimed as he rushed passed everyone and down the hall, leaving everyone else in his dust as they took their shoes off.

"This way sweetheart" Her hand was released from Kyungsoo’s grip and a new one was placed on her back, making Lee look up to meet the eyes of Xiumin. Lee found herself nodding, eyes creeping down to look at the smile Xiumin was presenting her, and with a gentle push to start, his hand remained on the curve of her back until she was comfortably seated across from Sehun.

The broad shouldered male was rapidly tapping his fingers against the table, eyes trained on his empty plate before a shout left his lips.

"We're wasting too much time, we must eat now or our stomachs will eat themselves from the inside out!" He proclaimed, his words echoing around the modern looking kitchen, it wasn't grand but it was big, fitting a large wooden table with chunks missing and dents showing its long use in the middle of it.

"Be patient Sehun, the food will come with time" Suho gave the younger male an affirmative hand on the back and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter