Ch #3

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter #3:

        

          The Teasing.

 

“Oh- You guys are back,” Suho claimed when he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun entering the main lounge.

“How was your visit?” Kyungsoo asked with fake concern. No one was shocked, though- it was typical of Satansoo.

“As if you guys don’t know already.” Baekhyun’s intonation was followed by some awkward coughs and squeaky laughs, which caused the eldest to roll his eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Sehun asked, with a straight face- it actually seemed as if he didn't know anything.

Baekhyun glared at his youngest brother, before playfully ruffling his hair- he knew, how much Sehun hates it.

“Nothing.” He answered back, while waiting for Sehun’s adorable reaction.

“Hyung~” Sehun scowled and slapped his hand away- It was needless to say that the youngest hate being treated as a kid.

“Hush! Be happy that I am letting it pass.” He stated sternly, once he had his fun with the youngest. All the guys in the room gulped when they saw Baekhyun’s sharp glare directed towards them.

Maybe, making Chanyeol spy on the eldest was not a good idea. Especially, not when Baekhyun was looking at them with I-will-eat-you-up-for-dinner stare.

 

“Uh-hm! Baek, dad wanted you to work with me on these files.” Xiumin decided to break the tension in the room and cleared his throat. Baekhyun turned towards the second-oldest, finally sparing his brothers from his death glare. Xiumin can even hear his brothers breathing out the sigh of relief.

“What files?”

“You know about that new project?”

“The steel mill one?”

“Yeah. Dad wants us to go over these files. He said that we need to start this thing, as soon as possible.”

“Fine. Let’s go to my room. I think I have other files related to this project, over there.” Xiumin nodded his head and waited for Baekhyun to leave the room.

“You guys can thank me later for saving your sorry asses.” He stated nonchalantly, once Baekhyun was out of sight.

“Thanks, Hyung!” Luhan exclaimed, with a hand on his heart. Xiumin just gave his brothers a small smirk – which resembled Baekhyun’s a lot – and left.

“Geez! Are those smirks genetic?” Lay asked annoyed.

“I don’t know…”Kris answered back with a tired sigh.

They should ask their mother later.

“Here! Do I look like them?” Tao asked and attempted to smirk like his elder brothers, making everyone laugh.

“I think you have a genetic disease because from whatever angle I see you – you look like a sleepy sloth.” Chen chortled and high five Kyungsoo – who had a sadistic smile on his face.

“Whatever…” Tao muttered under his breath and started sulking, but nobody paid him attention. Sehun looked at him and smirked.

‘You can’t get attention unless you are Sehun.’ The maknae thought with an evil smirk on his face and cackled.

 

 

“I told you guys. It was not a good idea,” Suho shouted all of a sudden; startling everyone out of their wits.

“But, you guys told me to off and not act like an old man who has his own walking stick up his .” The angle-like guy continued yelling and looked at his brother with a seething glare.

“It was not us. It was Kai.” Lay answered back nonchalantly with a shrug of his shoulders. Kai looked at his seething-Hyung shocked, before letting out a nervous laugh.

“Hehehe…sorry?” Kai wasn’t even apologetic. Lay looked towards Suho and gave Kai a small glare. He got hold of Suho’s thighs, before forcing his brother to sit on his thigh.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry Suho-ah.” Lay consoled his brother and caressed his hairs. The both male didn’t notice the judging you look everyone was sending their way.

 

 

 

“Take these to the office tomorrow,” Baekhyun instructed as he handed Xiumin a stack of files. They have been working on these files for the past three hours and were now finally done.

“Hmm...Are you not coming to the office tomorrow?” Xiumin hummed and asked, as he leaned back in his chair – his coffee slightly sloshing in the porcelain tea-cup, he was holding.

“I will be a little bit late,” Baekhyun answered back with a shrug, before copying his brother’s actions.

“Late? Why?” Xiumin asked with a raise of his perfectly shaped brow.

Don’t judge him.

Baekhyun was never late for anything.

“I have a business to attend,” Baekhyun answered his brother, while shying his gaze away.

“Yeah. You mean bride business.” Xiumin snorted, as soon as he heard his brother’s response. The eldest snapped his head towards his brother with a small growl; daring him to say anything else.

“Fine. Fine. I would shut up.” Xiumin raised his free hand in the air – to show his mock surrender. Silence followed after that, as both males sipped on their beverages. Xiumin looked towards his brother with interest; who was staring blankly at the nearby wall. He can tell Baekhyun was deep in thoughts and wondered whether it was because of Haejin – Oh-cut it! He knew it was because of Haejin.

“You seem deep in thought.” He stated after a while, placing the cup of coffee on the wooden table in front of him.

“….”

“Baekhyun.”

“…..”

“Yah!” Xiumin shouted and shook his brother, who looked towards him shocked.

“That girl is bad for your health,” Xiumin muttered with a scowl, before getting up to leave. A clueless Baekhyun looked towards his brother confused at his behavior – Did he offend him in some way?

 

 

“Hyung,” Xiumin called out, just before he can step out of the room. Baekhyun again snapped his head towards the second-eldest; interested.

Xiumin never calls him Hyung – unless he is dead serious.

“You still have time.” He started after releasing a huge, strained breath.

“You don’t love her. She doesn’t love you….call this marriage off, before it’s too late.” Baekhyun looked at his brother with lifeless eyes, once he was done. Xiumin knew his brother well. He knew that his advice was not going to stop Baekhyun from doing what he wants to – but it was still worth a try.

“This marriage is going to take place no matter what,” Baekhyun responded back in a gruff tone; there was finality in his voice which scared Xiumin.

“Why?”

“The alliance had been signed. I can’t do anything about it.”

“Baekhyun, we all know. You can do everything to stop this marriage. Don’t try to fool yourself or us.” Xiumin retaliated with a frown on his face.

“Do you need anything else?” Baekhyun ignored his brother and asked instead.

“No.” Xiumin gave up with a groan – it’s impossible to talk some sense into Baekhyun.

“Then you can leave.” The elder advised and turned his back towards his brother.

“And…” Baekhyun continued before Xiumin can leave.

“What?” latter huffed when he was stopped from leaving the room. Baekhyun turned around to look at his brother with a smirk when he heard his brother’s annoyed response.

“Don’t send Sehun to me.”

“What are you talking about?” Xiumin squeaked the question out, while flailing his hands in the air.

“You know what I am talking about. Sehun shouldn’t be involved in this bride-business.” Baekhyun scolded with a scowl on his face, the piercing on his ear and lip; combined with the eyeliner was making his brother look more intimidating than anything else he had ever seen – which unconsciously made him gulp.

Damn Baekhyun and his perceptiveness.

“Why? You afraid- maknae will make you scum to his wishes? Oh- wait! He always does.” Xiumin didn’t leave the only chance he got to sass his elder brother – which was a mistake. The deadly glare Baekhyun sent his way served as the get-lost­ message because Xiumin was running out of the room; very next second- of course, to save his life.

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, I'm coming with you,” Sehun announced as he stepped inside Baekhyun’s room. Baekhyun who was adjusting his coat saw Sehun in the mirror and cursed Xiumin under his breath.

‘So, he did involve the maknae in this.’ Baekhyun thought begru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter