Ch #31

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER #31:

THE END.

 

“Hyung…” Chanyeol was the first one who broke the deafening silence that was surrounding them after Jung’s death. They all have lapsed into a pregnant silence as soon as the elderly man has given up on breathing. It was eerily dark as they watched all the life leaving his body like it was never there, to begin with. The young Prince knew that he should feel at least a little bit remorseful about the whole over a deal, but he didn’t. He can’t help but think that Jung deserved it; especially after what he has done. The fact that unsettled him the most was that- Baekhyun has never lost control over his powers like this before. A seed of doubt that was planted in his mind told him that his brother was going to regret what he has done once he came back to his senses.

“What?” Came the firm reply as his eldest brother turned around to face them with an extremely neutral expression on his face. It befuddled them. Wasn’t Baekhyun supposed to be shocked over what he has done? Was he still not out of his trance? Perhaps, was there a possibility that he hasn’t actually lost control over his rage and has killed Jung with the complete presence of his mind?

“You killed him…” It was Xiumin who finally dared to voice out the fact that both Chanyeol and Kris were afraid to voice out.

“I know I did. He deserved every second of it.” It has always been a wonder that how Baekhyun has managed to stop himself from killing that man all this time. He won’t lie, Xiumin knew himself; he knew that if he was on his brother’s place he would have hunted down that man the first thing after gaining power and would have given him the most painful death. His brother didn’t do it. He was sure that he wouldn’t even have bothered if that man hadn’t dared to touch the kids of their Kingdom again. There was no need for him to feel bad about Jung’s death. The man has been sentenced to execution anyways so there hasn’t been much that has been changed; only the method of his death was altered. After what he has done, Xiumin was sure that no one would question Baekhyun’s decision of killing the man on the spot. It was a relief though, the fact that his brother was completely sane while he killed that ominous man. He didn’t want to admit it, but he really wouldn’t have been able to see the eldest in the same light after knowing that he lost control in his rage.

“Call for a security team. I want that factory covered from all four directions.” Baekhyun’s sudden instructions pulled the trio out of their thoughts.

“Do you want me to call the others too?” Kris asked back without wasting a single moment.

“No, we don’t know whether they told Jung the right place or not. Let them continue their search. Ask Minjoon to bring the car. We are heading to that damned factory.”

 

 

“Intruders!” A loud commotion ensued as soon as they entered the secret basement that led way to the lab. It has been surprisingly easy to reach there. They have met no security in the way until they have stepped into the deeper premises of the abandoned factory. For a second, Baekhyun was even skeptical that whether they were at the right place or not, but a single guard sitting by the entrance of a broken furnace finally gave them the assurance that they were at the right place. With how relaxed they all were and how little security was set up, it was quite obvious that sending Jung to them hasn’t been their plan. That man has foolishly presented himself in front of them without a single coherent thought in his mind.

“Are we doing it the easy way or the hard one?” Baekhyun slightly tipped his head towards Xiumin when he heard that question and patted the gun that was snuggly sitting in his pants pocket.

“I don’t care; as long as we have Haejin.”

“The easy way it is then,” After all, when would be the next time where Baekhyun would give them a free pass to use their powers openly.

……......

“The security in this place is questionable.” Kris voiced his thoughts out while making his way down the hallway.

“I agree with, Kris.” Chanyeol backed his brother up while following him with a careful stance. It was quite true though. They have met some guards guarding the door of the furnace and then at the entrance of the basement, but that was it. The lack of security force suggested two things; either they were totally not expecting the attack or they were planning something big that was still not obvious to them. From what he has contemplated about the foundation so far the latter option was more likely to happen; especially when no one bothered to show up even after all the commotion that has been created.

“They definitely have some cards up their sleeves,” Baekhyun spoke for the first time ever since they entered the hallway. He has been too busy to look around the place to actually bother and voice his observations out, though he was sure that his brothers were smart enough to notice that things have been going way too easier for it to be real.

“Or they are scared of us.”

“They wouldn’t have dared to kidnap Haejin if they were scared of us.” Kris rolled his eyes at Chanyeol’s theory and slowly pushed open the door of the first room that came in their sight. However, the bullet that was shot from somewhere behind them immediately diverted their attention away from the newly discovered room. Baekhyun was the first one to react as he ducked down himself and pushed at Chanyeol’s shoulder who ultimately ended up bumping against Kris. Both of them ended up on the floor in a staggering mess right beside Xiumin; who already had a concentrating expression on his face. It wasn’t a surprise when they heard shouts of fear that suddenly reached their ears. It was definitely their brother’s doing; if the sudden ice that was slowly traveling towards them was to suggest anything.

“. They are behind you too.” Kris wheezed out a warning while trying to throw Chanyeol off his body to the side. His warning was headed by his eldest brother immediately as he swiftly pulled his body up from the ground and threw a small pitch-black ball of light that went straight over their heads to hit the enemy. Considering its size it wasn’t really supposed to make much impact, but they all were a little bit too startled when the whole left side of the hallway turned pitch black with screams of pain and agony accompanying it.  

“Damn it. They keep on increasing in number. This place is way too congested for me to do anything.” Xiumin complained and stepped back into the already tight space to aim another attack.

“We are being ing ambushed!”

“There is a ing bombshell between your feet!” Chanyeol countered yelled as soon as he saw the metallic shell that was lying between Xiumin’s feet. He really would have tried to help his elder brothers with his powers, but if he or Kris ended up using their power than the whole place will burn down to ashes which they can’t risk since Haejin was still in there somewhere.

“Get away!” It was Baekhyun’s panicked voice that snapped them out of their reviver, but they all were a little bit too late to react.

“!” Kris cursed out loud before stumbling back. To their fortune or misfortune; he can’t really decide at the moment – the bombshell that was thrown towards them actually consisted of some irritating gas which stung at their eyes. Letting out another curse he pushed open the first door that came into his sight and made his way out of the suffocating hallway; it was getting freaking hard to breath in there. Soon, he was followed by his brothers too. It was then when they were done coughing and thoroughly rubbing their eyes did they notice their predicament. They were surrounded- from every possible side.

.

How can I not notice it?

Baekhyun mentally berated himself and looked around carefully to take in his surroundings. He knew this place. The white translucent, dome-shaped walls around him were familiar. He has seen them somewhere and he was no fool to deny that he remembered it because he knew exactly where they were. It was another ing capsule that they had used on him back then just in a more advanced form perhaps.

Do they really think this would stop us from using our powers?

It was a stupid thought if they actually did. He didn’t care anymore whether they assessed his powers and recorded all the results. He could care less about it because once he has Haejin this place was going to be destroyed anyway. There was no way that the evidence that he had against them would still permit them to continue their evil deeds. He would make sure to ruin everything himself piece by piece.

They aren’t any smarter than Jung.

It was a fleeting thought which crossed his mind. It should have made him feel good because that meant things will become easier for him but somehow an inner gnawing feeling warned him that there was something extremely wrong; it told him that the people from the foundation were not to be taken lightly. After all, they have breached past the strong castle security and have managed to kidnap his wife from right under their noses.

“My King!” The sudden call of his title caused him to snap his head to the left of the room along with his brothers where the crowd of the guards was parting to reveal an average heighted old man along with some other suited officials. These guys were the one who ran this whole organization. The former King did all the funding, but these sick people were the one who came up with all this .

We finally meet…

The old man and his companions didn’t manage to hold his attention for as long as they have hoped though since Baekhyun’s eyes immediately left their figures to fix on his wife’s bound figure over their shoulders. It seemed like his brothers noticed his gaze too since soon all of them were peering in the same direction as his. He might have even heard Chanyeol letting out a shocked gasp, but at that moment he felt way too numb to register anything. Haejin looked like ; literally. She was bound to the ing wall at the far left side of the closed capsule. Even though he can’t really properly see her face because her hairs were covering it, still, he could make out the pale complexion of her skin which was now lined with small bruises in different parts of her body. Even the thought of what they might have done to her made him sick to his stomach; especially when he noticed the wires that were attached to her body. Haejin wasn’t unconscious he could tell that, but the obvious struggle that she went through to finally lift her head up to stare at him made his heart clench. She looked so helpless. The pain that she was subjected to at that moment was visible in her eyes. There was no denying the rage that filled his body up almost instantly.

“Ah- I see you have noticed our humble Queen already.” The old man continued as if he wasn’t fazed by the murderous expression that was lining Baekhyun’s face at the moment.

“You really think you will get away with this?” He has to keep his cool. He can’t let his mind slip at such a crucial moment.

“If I were you I won’t be the one doing all the threatening.”

“I can ing flake your whole body away without even a single trace left with a snap of my fingers. Do you still stand by your opinion?”

“I have no doubt that you can do that, but I’m sure you won’t really wish to hurt your wife more than this.” The man replied back with a smug tilt to his lips and casually mentioned towards the translucent walls around them.

“Remember them? Back then the sensors installed in them only used to detect your powers and all the other data that was concerned with them, but now the sensors actually stimulate the response center to produce an electric current.” He continued explaining casually and stepped forward to pat Baekhyun on his shoulder. The young King remained rooted to his place because he knew the next words that the other man was going to utter.

“You are smart enough to know what those wires are for, right. You can use your powers, but the increase in the intensity will produce stronger current. It might actually end up killing her.” Can he really risk that? The guards that were surrounding them won’t be easy to fight with. To blow all of them off they would have to use a large amount of energy which meant it could possibly end up causing Haejin’s…he didn’t even want to think about it. The possibility that she was pregnant didn’t help the whole situation at all.

Only if I could snap those wires off her…

He had to use his powers for that too. They have to move closer. He might have actually risked it, but with the way his wife already looked so desperate for getting out of pain, he knew that even a small amount of discomfort would break her down. Still, he can’t just give up on it like that.

I have to at least try.

Letting out a shuddering breath, he fixed his eyes at the wires that were attached to his body and willed the powers inside him to mold to his wishes. However, he stopped right in the middle of his act when his wife suddenly let out a horrifying scream of pain. Shaken to his roots by the sudden display of misery he stumbled back on his feet and trailed his eyes up to her face which was begging him to not do it again.

What the ?

He hasn’t even used his power yet.

“I told you that it would hurt her.”

“I swear, I won’t let you live after this.”

“Only if you’re alive after this yourself, my King-” The man didn’t get to speak any further as Baekhyun charged forward to land a painful punch on his face. The man fell to the ground straight on his and let out a string of colorful curses.

“Attack them!” Baekhyun immediately pulled his gun out along with his brothers to fight against the mass that was surrounding them. He didn’t freaking need his powers to take them down.

………………

“Baekhyun! Watch out.” The said male immediately ducked down on his place to avoid the attack and slightly stumble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter