Lost Boy (BangLo)

B.A.P Drabbles

Prompt from anon

Pairing: BangLo

“Yongguk moves to a new neighborhood, jun is his neighbor. Guk loves music and jun is deaf, barely has any friends bc of that and is alone most of the time. Fluffy as I'd get diabetes just by reading it.” 

 

 


 

Zelo was a simple person. He often stayed at home unless he had a specific task that required him to leave his house. He lived alone, as an editor who worked for very famous novelists. 

He always had a pair of headphones around his neck, for no particular reason, other than the fact that he liked to lie to himself. Zelo’s ears didn’t work. They hadn’t worked since birth and they certainly did not work now.

Zelo could see a moving truck parked outside of his small two story apartment complex and he wondered if he was finally going to get a new neighbour. It was a small complex that had about 4 spaces on each floor. Zelo lived in the second last room, and no lived in the last spot next to him.

He went back into his apartment and started making dinner, he’d go and greet his new neighbour tomorrow.

 

This new neighbour of his was a complete mystery. Every time that Zelo mustered up his courage to go and greet him, he wasn’t home. Zelo assumed it was because of work or school but it was strange. 

This was another night where Zelo really wanted to go and greet his neighbour, even if it had been a week already. He had manners. He went to go grab his cardigan on the coat rack and he froze when he saw it vibrating.

Confused Zelo pressed his hand against the wall, he could feel rhythmic pulses beneath his fingertips which erupted more confusion from the poor boy. He desperately ran to the kitchen counter grabbing his notebook before scrawling down a mess of a sentence.

He ran out of his house in his bunny slippers and army pjs with his white wife beater and he knocked on the neighbours door desperately. After a moment the door opened and the neighbour caused Zelo to freeze.

The man in front of him was in a wife beater as well, but black. And by the looks of it, it was drenched in sweat. A towel was around his neck and his shorts hung low around his lean waist. Brown sweaty locks pushed back lazily as his eyes widened at the sight of Zelo.

“I’m sorry, was my music that loud? I’ll turn it down, I promise.” Zelo read and he blushed furiously. Of course it was music. What else would it possibly be?! He felt so stupid in front of this gorgeous stranger and he hung his head down low, 

“Hey, you’re my new neighbour right? I’m Bang Yongguk, I’m sorry I didn’t get around to introducing myself.” Yongguk greeted with a smile, wiping his hand on his shorts before he held it in front. Zelo’s blush spread to his neck and he made a writing motion in the air, whilst mouthing the word “pen”.

Thankfully Yongguk understood him and he walked into his house, grabbing a pen before he returned to the door. Zelo shakily turned the page and he wrote a proper response to the late introduction.

“Yes I’m your new neighbour, my name is Choi Junhong.” Yongguk read aloud and Zelo’s eyes widened. It made him feel more humiliated, why couldn’t he just read in his head? Everyone else did that. Zelo could feel the judgmental stare coming from Yongguk, questioning why he didn’t speak. He quickly wrote down two words,

“I’m deaf... oh fu- I’m so sorry.” Yongguk sputtered and Zelo smiled bitterly, shaking his head. It wasn’t that he couldn’t speak, but because he couldn’t hear he wouldn’t know if he sounded weird or if he was pronouncing things right. It’d cause more confusion for people he was trying to communicate with.

They stood there awkwardly for a moment. Yongguk looked like he wanted to disappear back into his house and never interact with Zelo again but he on the other hand wanted to stay. It’d been so long since he actually talked with somebody, and he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t attracted to the male. Zelo held his breath and wrote his next sentence with courage,

“So... what’s music like?” 

 

Zelo and Yongguk met on a daily basis, often having dinner together and simply spending their days together. Yongguk worked from home like Zelo did but he spent his time outside in clubs and such to get experience with his composing career.

Yongguk wasn’t a miracle worker and Zelo still wasn’t able to understand the concept of music but he was more informed. He now understood why people danced to themselves or when they hummed and bobbed their heads to nothing. It was something he had learned from observing Yongguk.

A tap on his shoulder caught his attention and he looked up, seeing Yongguk leaning on the couch that he was sitting on. He was currently at Yongguk’s house for the nth time, he could feel a flutter in his heart when the man smiled down at him.

“I have something to tell you.” judging by the smile on his face the elder was excited. Zelo nodded and he watched as Yongguk took a seat beside him. The elder suddenly seemed nervous and Zelo reached for his notebook to ask what was wrong but Yongguk stopped him.

“Remember when I taught you about beat and rhythm?” he started off slowly and Zelo nodded. He wouldn’t forget the first thing that Yongguk told him, it was the day after they met. Yongguk then took Zelo’s right hand and held it to his chest, letting the younger feel quick thuds under his fingertips.

“Feel the beat of my heart, and watch the rhythm of my words, as I tell you... how much I love you.” Zelo froze and he could feel different kinds of feelings attacking his heart. He stopped breathing for a moment and tears filled his eyes. He smiled and held onto Yongguk’s hand, placing the elder’s hand on his own heart.

“I... love you.” it was the first time he spoke in years, and Yongguk loved every sound of his quiet voice. He grinned his magnificent gummy smile and pulled Zelo in a warm embrace. Because, they were no longer alone.

 

Lost Boy - Troye Sivan

 

-----------------------

A/N

No one sends me anything other than banglo LOL

I did get a bangdae request recently tho, and I hope to write that soon ^^

- Airi