7: Two choices

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 : Two choices.

Byun.

His name started with Byun. “Baekhyun.” He continued. This man who claimed himself under the name of Byun Baekhyun, his face told me that he was awaiting for my response and all I figured was-

“Oh.”

What was I supposed to say? Hi, nice to meet you(?) I’ve amused him enough, I didn’t have to push it further.

But I can’t deny that he has a nice name. It…suits him.

“I’m pretty much still remember your name.” he slyly smiled.

“Haha, funny.” I muttered, feigning ignorance towards him. I realized that he still had his eyes on me as I looked away awkwardly, my fingers playing with my dress. And I also realized how the curl on his lips was starting to grow, I didn’t have to glance and I can see it all.

Just at the moment my feet was about to make its way, his slender fingers were wrapped around my thin wrist, fitting right around his grasp. His hold was soft and warm, and the look he had on his face showed the same. “Let’s get out of here.” He said as he pulled me together with him.

~~~

“What are we doing here? To have a weekly club meeting?” I said in sarcastic tone as I watched Baekhyun walking ahead of me, his steps made sound as it was in touch with scattering branches. It was the same place Jongin had brought me to talk, only now it looked even more eerie when it was at night time and I was alone with a stranger.

This Byun Baekhyun could be trusted, right? I only knew him for a day though.

“You’re now acknowledging your membership. Good, that’s a step ahead towards moving on.” He snickered. “I saw you with Jongin here the other day.” He continued, still moving, keeping his sight low on his feet.

“Could you be any more creepier?” I remarked. This man had his eyes everywhere.

Without snapping back at me for calling him a creep, he surprised me with his calm demeanour, turning around and faced me. He slightly tilted his head, studying my face. “I saw you crying afterwards.” He said softly, it somehow given sudden alert to me at his caring side.

“And I just knew it he is a jerk!” he then retorted, having sudden change in behaviour and sounded as childish as it can be when he was proven right by seeing that sight. “I just knew it! They knew less than a year and suddenly want to get married? Who the hell in the right state of mind would do that? I get it if it’s Yerin-“

“Well, look who is the one speaking.” I snapped.

“What do you mean?” he questioned, face annoyed because I cut him earlier on.

I shrugged. “Nobody said you’re crazy when you decided to come here?”

“Actually, someone did.”

I stretched my arms out nonchalantly, my body signalling he just got the answer he had been wanting. “We’re like the “crazy” pathetic ex-lovers.” I stated.

And both of us laughed in the middle of the dark eerie park, as we stared at each other without looking like we want to skin each other alive, for once.

~~~

“So, there are two choices I figured I could be happy with once I get back.” I said, we were sitting on the grass next to a lake, I have long forgotten about my dress but Baekhyun was nice enough to lay his blazer on the ground before I sat down without me noticing. “It’s either I make sure the wedding turn out worst or having another man with me, to make him feel as worse as I feel, even though he probably wouldn’t have cared anyway but as long as it makes me feel like I’m rubbing it in his face, who cares, right?”

“I figured you chose the former since there’s no presence of another man.” He raised his eyebrows in playful manner.

“Yeah, I realized it is actually too good to be true when you’re just Oh Hana.” I replied, surely entertaining him when the wrinkle at the end of his eyes were getting deeper and showed off his rectangular smile.  “You have no idea how long I’ve prepared a list to ruin his wedding before I came here.”

“You did?”

“I did. Like a to-do list. Number 5, rip her wedding dress off,” I said, mimicking nobody and we chuckled as we speak, I was the first who stop when I said “But I did nothing. My heart wants to but my conscience stops me. I have no guts.” I smiled bitterly.

“Then you should have work on the latter choice.”

“By what? Being y? Charismatic? Cute? I probably look stupid even if I try.” I retorted. “I was lucky. That’s what peop

Please log in to read the full chapter