6: Comfort talk with stranger

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Comfort talk with stranger.

I made my way towards the dining hall for lunch, expecting no one strolling behind me. That was such an unexpected meeting with someone who was known as Yerin’s ex-boyfriend. Was this some kind of sign? That this wedding should be put off no matter what?

Don’t be crazy. But that wasn’t entirely a bad idea. If someone else - who really understood this pain feeling seeing my ex-lover was happily smiling at the presence of another individual like how I used to make him feel - he would have said I’m missing the shot right now.

But, with that dude? I’d rather not see him anymore. It was embarrassing enough to be known as the ex of the groom by a stranger. Enough with the looks I’ve received from the people I’ve known who went to the same school as me. I didn’t need more people to know about my former relationship with Jongin and probably pitying on me behind my back.

I took an empty plate and began filling in the spaces with all the dishes that have been prepared - I’m not a picky eater and surely enjoyed free food - I started to wish I have more hands on my body so that I could properly hold the glass of orange juice without risking and as if my wish is granted, a hand showed up and took my glass out of my grasp.

He smiled. This guy dared to smile at me. I frowned, finding it weird to still having him with me but before I could even question, he trudged towards an empty table. With my orange juice.

Now I have no choice but to follow him.

I sat opposite of him and once I saw him taking a sip out of my drink, I snapped “Hey, that’s mine!”

He swallowed and muttered “Sorry.” before he pushed the glass to my side.

“Never mind.” I said, not wishing to share a glass with a stranger.

“So, are you…invited?” he asked hesitantly, I realized how he tried to keep himself low as he looked at the surrounding rather than keeping an eye contact with me.

And I’m still wondering what kind of question he was giving me and what was he doing here.

Only then, it hits me. “Oh my god, you’re not.” I widened my eyes, and gave out a dramatic reply.

“Shut up.” He hissed. “God, why do I keep being surrounded by dramatic people?”

“You truly are a creep.” I commented.

“Wait, what?”

Our conversation was distracted once another figure got into the picture - Hyeri exactly - sitting down next to me, legs crossing with a look that I could have read what was about to come up to me. She let out an angry huff before she said, not looking at me with her hands now crossing on her chest. “I didn’t expect you would have gone this far!” she barked in my face.

“You know what? Of course, it’s possible for someone like you have the urge of stopping this wedding no matter what. I understand you completely but!” she took a deep breathing not to be any more angry. “You’re putting my job on the line right now!” she yelled, and I can feel a few eyes on us at her angry remark.

Before I could even explain myself, asking her what was going on, she cut me off and answered my wonders. “Seriously, give me back the wedding video.” She held out a hand, giving me an irritated look.

“I don’t have the video.” I told her, trying to prove my innocence.

“Hana.” Hyeri sighed, and another “Hana.” followed after, a mischievous grin on his face and I almost wanted to slap his annoying face to whip that grin off.

“Oh my,” Hyeri commented, completely now losing her focus on me as she met with this orange juice thief that was trying to bug the living hell out of me. “I didn’t know you have a company, Hana.” This high pitched voice has never been a good sign.

But at least for now, she was letting the case off once she sees this man at my table. I'm wondering what the hell that she sees that make her beaming with her eyes shining like a high school fangirl.

Fine. I’m not blind. Despite that he was a little bit short for my type, he was adorable as .

I did not just say that!

His eyesmile was beautiful and I love a man with beautiful smile, that just made me fell into adoration every time I look at him…I think I’m starting to spit out nonsense.

 “Who is this hot looking man, Hana?”

His eyebrows went up high, as high as he could reach with a proud smile on his face, hearing Hyeri’s nickname on him. Hana, Wake up!

“Hot? This pink haired dude?”

“What’s wrong with my hair?” he snapped. “You! Don’t judge!” he scolded.

Hyeri looked back and forth between us, rolling her eyes without questioning it more. She just waved it off, making bored face before she got her eyes back on me, hard eyes lasering through my orbs. “Don’t think I actually trust you but for now I let you off.” She flipped her hair and leave her seat.

“I told you I did not have it!” I said out loud, trying to convince her again but of course, to no avail. Looking back at the man, mirroring the same hard eyes boring right through his soul, I kind of figured out who else who would have done it if it’s not me. “It was you, was it?”

And the response I got, was a nonchalant shrug coming from him and that was surely annoyed me to death.

~~~

“We’re like the ‘Pathetic Ex-Lovers’ Club’.” He put his hands on the air, picturing the words by the side of the swimming pool while I was getting too tired listening to his nonsense, now imagining what it would feel like if I push him into the pool for good.

I might have revealed a little bit of my story and Jongin, not much I assured, and there he went, coming to a conclusion with a stupid name I didn’t know where did that came from.

“I’m not signing up for that.” I remarked, made him turned to look at me, each time I saw his smile, I found that I am amusing him with all my replies.

“Oh. You do

Please log in to read the full chapter