5: Oh Hana

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Oh Hana

Baekhyun

He had been staring on the blank white document on his laptop, fingers placed on the keyboard, waiting for them to miraculously move as inspiration pops up out of nowhere. Sacrificing hours of sleep just to get his work going was part of his daily routine. Facing his laptop, alone, sometimes forgetting meals, was his life.

What an unexpected daily life for such an extrovert like Byun Baekhyun.

Coffee was his companion to keep him awake…

“Baekhyun!”

But this certain giant voice, was giving him headache.

“Ya, have you eaten?” Baekhyun flinched at the baritone voice rang throughout his room, rolling his eyes to him in return. Maybe for the lack of sleeping he was having, he had become a little too sensitive at everything.

Chanyeol obnoxiously looked over to see the blank page and snorted, like he was mocking Baekhyun’s useless efforts. “I really want to throw you off into Pacific Ocean.” He murmured monotonously, his face stoic.

Chanyeol chuckled. He knew so well of his best friend’s behaviour. It was not the first time he ever encounter this. “Sleepless Baekhyun is all grumpy.” He sang. “There, tuna sandwich and an Americano to replace your old one.” He pointed to the cold coffee placed next to Baekhyun’s laptop.

Baekhyun sniffed on the sandwich, only to lose his appetite at the fishy smell and went to have the freshly brewed coffee instead. At least this friend of his was useful at something. He was one good when it came to coffee. Ugh, this tastes amazing.

“How was the shot?” Chanyeol asked, rhetorically when Baekhyun’s face just showed it all. “The beans were at its best condition.”

“No wonder.” Baekhyun sniggered in response. “Don’t you have work to go to?”

“I did go. I went to calibrate the machine and pull a shot for your and receive no ‘thank you’ from you. What a good buddy I got here.”

“There’s nothing to thank you for. It’s just a coffee.”

“You sure taking me for granted.”

Baekhyun brushed his sleepy face and put up his legs on the table as he leaned against the comfy office chair - the comfiest he could get for now-. “I’m flying to Okinawa tomorrow morning.”

“WHAT?”

“Seriously, keep your voice down!” Baekhyun yelled as he massaged his temple.

Chanyeol became all jumpy at his friend’s decision. Was he out of his mind? “Are you crazy? You have gone crazy, are you? Not sleeping for days got all your neurons twisted, is it?”

“I’m sane enough to decide.” He answered, annoyed at the questions darted to him. He sighed. “I’m going to head to bed.” He stood up and his feet led him to bed.

“Why are you doing this?”

Silent.

“What are you going to do when you’re there?”

All Chanyeol get in response was a sigh passing off Baekhyun’s lips before he plopped himself on his bed, facing the wall, his back was all Chanyeol could see from the other side. The latter sighed as well at his friend, now knowing well the reason behind the halt of his work progression.

Han Yerin is bothering his mind.

~~~

“Omo! Baekhyun!” a womanly voice chimed his name, making him stop from devouring all the snacks that were served. He searched for the voice and his eyes widened, feigning excitement as he saw the familiar woman.

Yerin’s aunt.

“What a pleasure meeting you here.” He chimed back and stepped towards the said woman. He managed to grab the drinks from the tray the waiter brought around the hall and pass a glass to her, never forgetting his gentleman charms.

“It’s actually surprising to see you here.” Yerin would be damn surprise if she knows. Damn it. He might be cursing in his head, nevertheless his face showed otherwise.

“It’s a l

Please log in to read the full chapter